1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Paranormal Experiences.

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by squidface, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Offline

squidface "He doesn't ROW?"

• Skin Fiend
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    Have an experience to tell? Ghosts, aliens, other paranormal phenomena? :D
    1 people like this.
  2. Offline

Felix Mr. Inconsistent

• Community Devoted
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    Many, but two spring to mind:

When I was fourish I used to speak every night to "Bil"l after lights out in my room. My mother asked me who I was talking to, and I told her my friend Bill. Bill apparently had a lot to say, but mom thought it was just an imaginary friend... until she found out that my father had an older brother who died before I was born... named Bill.

She told me that Bill wasn't allowed to come over any more and to tell him so. She listened as I told him, and I never spoke to Bill again.

When I was about sixteen I was walking the trash to the dumpseter and star gazing. Winter nights in Alaska is great for this, because even though there aren't a lot of stars, the sky is really clear. I was looking at this one grouping when all the sudden a bright white light zoomed up. I thought it was a satellite until it stopped next to one of the stars. Both sat there for a moment, and then the star zipped away at a right angle from the direction the 'satellite' had come from and the 'satellite' took it's place.
    1 people like this.
  3. Offline

heartbeat Why is the rum always gone?

• Emerging Artist
    • 'D Contributor
    • Community Devoted
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    I never really had them until I moved to the south...the first house we lived in has always given me a creepy feeling. I didn't know at the time that it did for my mom too until we we'd moved out and she shared her story with me. At night in her room she would always sleep with the door open for a reason, she would hear what sounded like someone pacing back and forth at the bottom of her bed. She'd look up and it would stop, she wouldn't see anyone...this went on just about every night.

For me it came when I was sitting up one night watching some moving in the living room. You get the feeling of being watched no matter where you are in the house. However this night it was worse, I went into the kitchen to get some water and happened to look through the dining room door and out the window. There was a shape of a man standing there, he was about six feet tall and bald..just standing there staring inside the house. I couldn't make out any features on him but I know he was looking dead at me. I didn't think much of it, my sister's husband was supposed to come back and I thought it was him and went back to the living room. About a minute later I thought it was odd he hadn't come inside yet but still I didn't say anything and went to bed an hour later. In the morning, eating breakfast with my mom I asked her if he'd come home and she looked at me and said no. My heart dropped at that and I finally told her what I'd seen. She went outside and looked outside the window, it had rained the other afternoon and they would have left foot prints but there were none. The ground didn't look as though it had been stepped on, she looked all around the house and nothing...we still don't know what it was.

One morning my little nephew was getting ready for school, one of the mornings when it's still really dark out. We got him ready and walked down to the bus stop and put him on the bus. When my mom turned to walk back towards the house she noticed the closet light was on and asked me if I'd left it on in which I said no and she asked my sister the same thing and she also said no. We checked everything, the light switch and all but nothing was faulty and it was the only time it ever happened. That bedroom though always gave me the creeps and I was 18! It was always so cold in there. When my mom left on a trip she had someone stay with me and I didn't get why but I'm sure glad she did, I was so happy to leave that place.
    3 people like this.
  4. Offline

Maccabee surely, we have perished sleeping, and walk hell.

Total Posts:
    • Awards
    Ok, so I'm Irish (we love our ghosts) and a little superstitious, even though I'm open to the idea that I'm just being ridiculous and that ghosts may not even exist. :) I find aliens a bit too far-fetched (at least, I don't believe in aliens who will waste their times abducting humans, etc. And if aliens exist, I don't think our human concept of alien is the type that exists. Although, I wouldn't mind it if we had aliens like in Star Wars XD... off topic).

When I was younger, we lived in an old gothic-styled house, it was huge. The house was over 100 years old and it lived through wars and stuff, so it was no surprise that there might be ghosts, unfound dead bodies, etc. There were instances where we'd go to nap in the living room and we'd be slapped awake, it only ever happen in that room. There was always walking noises at night and once I went to ask who was there, the footsteps stopped. Some nights, I saw black figures walk across my brother and I's bedroom door. There was also a couple months where my other brother would stare at the window at night, saying that he was seeing an angel; even though, at that time, he was much too young to know what an angel was or looked like. It freaked us out.
    4 people like this.
  5. Offline

• Skin Fiend
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    Personally I've never had any to account for. I always feel a little like I'm being watched in this house, but whether it's sinister or not I can't tell. I've never had a 'cold' feeling as many people report or anything like that. But I find it fascinating just how many people can report something like this, and they sometimes follow a similar pattern but all can be different.

I know my sister has had instances in this house where she's heard the sound of a cat jumping off the work surface in the kitchen onto the floor - it makes a distinctive noise and we both know it well, having had many cats. But she turned around and there wasn't a cat in the kitchen at all. Then my mum had a similar one, she was making mince pies at Christmas once and she thought she felt a cat brushing against her legs, she was wearing a skirt so she would definitely have felt something, but she looked down and there was no cat there, again.

:3 Kitty ghosts.
    1 people like this.
  6. Offline

Allyrin Guest

I live in a house that was built in the eighties, but the surrounding area dates back to the Bronze Age (there’s a significant Bronze Age site about a mile down the road (it has the oldest wheel in Britain!). Probably less). We have a Roman canal that’s probably 200 metres away, and other Roman remains dotted around (Roman road, Roman villas, etc), and the village was first mentioned by its current name (the Anglo-Saxon word for ‘island among the reeds’) around 600 and something AD. So the place is old.

Anyway, I remember before we’d even moved into the house my ex-best-friend, who lived in the street, saying that it was haunted. I was eleven, and immediately dismissed it because I thought she was just being spiteful, because we, you know, had fallen out. Um... probably not. But I hated the house from the moment I stepped in it. The house seems to go through patches of activity. We can go months, sometimes a year, without anything. The lights will constantly flicker on and off, but will stop the moment you tell them to stop (I sound so insane admitting that I talk to lights), light-bulbs are constantly exploding, though we’ve had the electricity checked out, and my room is prone to going extremely cold – like ice – when the rest of the house is really warm. My TV gets static, but will stop when you tell it to. I think one night I woke up being unable to move, opened my eyes and saw this figure sitting on the bed, leaning over me. I sometimes suffer from sleep paralysis, but I was fully awake for that, and have never experienced anything like it since. I’ve also woken up a few times to a dark shape in the corner of the room that just stares at me. It’s darker than the rest of the room, and is just freaky. I usually run out screaming and camp in one of the other bedrooms for a few weeks until I get the courage to go back in. We’ve had the top of a glass table smashed by a falling wine bottle, although the wine bottle remained intact, and there was no sound of the smash. You can sometimes hear footsteps, etc, even in the day. We’ve had two dogs, and both have stared at exactly the same spot in the living room (near where the table stands) for hours, and they won’t be distracted. They’d be sleeping one minute, and then the next they’d be bolt upright, staring at the spot. I once took a photo on my webcam (I’m a poser) and you can see what looks like a head in a Roman helmet in the window. I have nothing in my room that could have made that reflection.

But we call him George, and even though he freaks me out, you just live with it.

Oh! And I went on a ghost walk at the local museum at Halloween one year (the museum featured on Most Haunted) and felt something grab my hand when I was in the operating room, and mutter in my ear. People heard music, etc. I felt a cold breeze in the Roman room, when there are no windows in the place. And I’ve never been more terrified then when I went in the cellar. The vibe was just... uncomfortable, like you weren’t wanted. Didn’t help that I saw something move at the end of the cellar.

So, yes, I’m a believer, although I sometimes think I’m just mad and hearing things.

*blushes*

And that’s the end of my essay.
    3 people like this.
  7. Offline

• Skin Fiend
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    I think it's cool how they listen to you though, like when you just tell them to 'stop' and the lights thing will stop. :D
  8. Offline

Allyrin Guest

It freaks me out even more. You can't just excuse it as the electrics being faulty.
  9. Offline

Salander New Member

Total Posts:
    I've had many paranormal experiences. It's a daily thing for me with my gifts. I know I might sound crazy to some, but I know the truth. I am a 'sensitive'. I can feel and even hear spirits present. I can see them if they choose to show themselves. Many people are frightened when they hear footsteps in an empty house... see a chair move... have objects taken and moved. But not me. The only time I genuinely get frightened is when I'm threatened or in danger. Thankfully, that is not that often.

With me being a sensitive I have spirits that are attached to me or hang around me. I consider them my friends. As my gifts slowly increase and become stronger, I find I can know things... small things that people haven't told me, that I would have no way of knowing other than supernatural means. I have more gifts than just feeling and hearing the supernatural... but I see no point in getting into them unless someone expresses a desire to know. Really, I just wanted to say that it's a daily thing for me. It is a norm... not frightening or threatening.
    4 people like this.
  10. Offline

cocoapuffs perpetually four years-old

Total Posts:
    • Awards
    I strongly believe in otherwordly forces-- particularly spirits, or ghosts, or whatever you want to call them. My family and I have actually been "ghosthunting" amateurly with some equipment. We bring voice recorders, my camera with nightvision, etc. We're very, very careful though. I also believe strongly that you have to approach these things with the utmost sensitivty and respect, and we certainly don't do it to be disrespectful.

I've had several paranormal experiences, as have my family. One that comes to mind is something that happened to me at night. I was sound asleep, and then all of a sudden, I had this horrible feeling that someone was watching me. That someone was standing next to me, in the darkness. And I was sound asleep. How I had that feeling consciously while still being sound asleep, I'll never know xD Maybe I was dreaming? Anyways, I was terrified, and I actually woke up throwing a punch at where I felt this presence was. Almost fell outta bed, too XD And when I woke up, of course, there was nothing there.
    1 people like this.
  11. Offline

GIZIBE not bad meaning bad, but bad meaning good you know

• Emerging Artist
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    Growing up I've always, and felt like, paranormal activity followed me. Creepy yeah? When I was younger it seemed more prominent...mainly because the house I grew up in was haunted. Even now though I always get senses that someone is around or watching me. Or I'll think I'll see things out the corner of my eye and turn and there's nothing there.

There's one event that happened to me that I will remember FOREVER!

I was sleeping one night on my top bunk. The bed was laying against the wall where the door was so my head was at a right angle to the door (does that make sense?). Anyways I was sleeping on the top bunk and I woke up in the middle of the night. When I looked up in front of me there was a woman standing with her body forward but her head was facing me and she was wearing a long black cloak. We seriously stared at each other for a good 5 minutes before I feebily tried calling out to my mother. The woman just kept staring at me so I just hid under my covers :(

That was one of several events that took place not just to me but both my sisters as well seeing different things. My mom had no idea this was going on and one day for some reason it all came out. My mother ended up blessing the house and we stopped seeing things *nods*
    1 people like this.
  12. Offline

Moone the lovable dwarf

• University Professor
    • University Collegiate
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    I know saying this will have some looking at me like I belong in a rubber room with nothing but Crayola crayons to color with (And if you manage to get me locked up make sure it's the 100 pack please!) But I'm what people call a doorway and a medium since I have had experiences with ghosts and the paranormal since I was a little girl. I've seen the full bodied apparitions, the 'shadow people' and shadow creatures, I've spoken to spirits and heard odd things and a few stand out as being absolutely terrifying so I'll share those with you.

When my sister and I were around 13 and 16 respectively, we were up past our bedtime and talking in her room late at night when we heard the sound of screeching tires outside. This was followed not by the smell of burnt rubber but by the scent of brimstone. We then heard a tapping on her bedroom window and when she flipped up the shade, there looking in the window was a pale face with long black hair, glowing red eyes and chains wrapped around its neck. The hand tapping on the window had long claws for nails and then it opened its mouth to reveal sharp teeth and when it screamed, it was a shriek that chilled to the very marrow of our bones and we both dove beneath the covers and when we looked back up, it was gone. Our father saw this very same thing three years later inside the house and it came at him shrieking and he said the Lord's Prayer then told it that it was not welcome in his home and it disappeared and we never saw that one again.

The second one that really stuck out was one that I didn't see, but I did hear and it was my son who saw it clear as day. He can walk but that day, he crawled and as fast as his legs could carry him towards my room screaming and crying. He came through the bedroom door and slammed it behind him and put his little hand on the door and was trembling. I asked him what was wrong and he said that there was something in the house. It was right after that the door shook and we both heard growling from the other side and I yelled and told it that it was not welcome here and for it to leave us alone and the sounds stopped. When I opened the door, there were scratches, deep ones on the dor but nothing was there. Needless to say we stayed up the entire night scared out of our wits!

But for the most part, the ones that we've seen and heard around here are harmless and they leave us alone so we let them stay. We have a little girl that all three who live here have seen and visitors who have stayed overnight have seen so we know we're not crazy even though most people probably think that we are.
    2 people like this.
  13. Offline

• Skin Fiend
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    I talk to my friends: none of them ever have experiences like this to talk about. I talk to you lot: you have loads! Although it's interesting to see that many of you have 'afterlife' and 'ghost' like experiences, but none of you have alien experiences, which seem to be a lot rarer.
  14. Offline

Morticia Sweet Sassy Molassy

Total Posts:
    • Awards
    I personally haven't have any paranormal experience, but people close to me have. My little brother would talk to a little boy whose 'daddy died' when we lived in our first house when we moved inter-state while I was a little girl. It freaked mum out so much one night that she rang dad up at work to see if he was okay - thankfully he was.

My boyfriend is the one who has had the most ghostly/demonic sightings. When he was younger he and a friend played with a ouija board and contacted a lady's spirit, I'm a little hazy on the details because he told me a few years ago about this, but when they asked her if they could see her she responded with 'window', when they looked out the window they could see the apparition of a white woman. Ever since then he's said that he's had ghosts 'attach' themselves to him. The apartment he currently lives in is haunted and when its around he feels sad and scared, then after the feelings, he sees a black shadow, it's touched him twice and he claims it was so cold and afterwards made the area of contact numb. It frequents the kitchen a lot but has been in his bed once, though one time he was making a quick snack and moved from the fridge - leaving it wide open - and put the rubbish in the bin, as he turned around to close the fridge it was already closing. He and his friends seem to get all the hauntings, I've been to two old prisons, supposedly very haunted, Port Arthur in Tasmania and Old Melbourne Gaol in Victoria, and never saw or felt anything. I'm not a sceptic but I think I'll believe it more if/when I actually encounter something. My boyfriend tells me I'm lucky that I've never been haunted though and since he recaps all the events to me as they happen I believe him.
  15. Offline

Allyrin Guest

I think people are just more likely to dismiss alien experiences, if there are any, as being either simply planes or dreams. And ghosts are a bit more believable, you know? So people are more likely to discuss them and be more open.
    2 people like this.
  16. Offline

• Skin Fiend
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    Nightmare, I'm sure if you lived with him you'd find yourself more involved with that kind of thing >D
  17. Offline

Apsylus Member

Total Posts:
    I have what many people call 'The Sight'. Therefore, I have paranormal experiences day in and day out.
    1 people like this.
  18. Offline

Teperehmi Member

Total Posts:
    I've had too many to count. I grew up in a 140 year old house. Everyone in my family has seen and heard things. My sister has seen a woman in a long skirt. I saw a little girl once when I was 8 or 9 years old (still freaked out about that one). We've heard footsteps and things getting knocked over. I was once pushed down.

When I left for college, weird things seemed to have followed me. Items would disappear and turn up two weeks later in strange places. My bed was once moved across the room. I heard lots of strange things. I've seen dark shadows. Things would hold doors shut. Lights would flicker. Radios and tvs would randomly turn off.

And now I work at a very haunted movie theater. We'd hear footsteps when there would be no one else in the building. There would be unexplainable loud crashes. I've been growled at. Some staff members have seen a woman in a red dress in one of the auditoriums before we even opened the doors. We've seen a man in some of the auditoriums who would just disappear.

Many people won't even go near Auditorium 15 due to a woman overdosing on nitro pills about a week ago.

The whole building is just an entirely different place once all the customers leave.

So...yeah I've experienced more than my share...
    1 people like this.
  19. Offline

Walkietalk I have a real flair with excuses.

• Community Devoted
    Total Posts:
    I'm just gonna say, reading all these posts have sufficiently creeped me out...and before bed, too. D: So thanks!

But I figured I'd share mine.

Well, when I was like 9 or 10, I was hanging out with my cousin, my aunt, and my cousin's friend Andrea. We were at my aunt's house and her living room opened up into her kitchen which had all three walls lined with cabinets. We were in the living room snacking on some veggies and sitting around her coffee table, just talking. And Andrea asked about her dad. My aunt had been friends with Andrea's parents for a long time, but when Andrea was like 3 or 4, her dad died. So Andrea was asking normal questions "what was he like?" stuff like that. My aunt began talking and before she could even get a sentence out, the cabinets burst open and all the food, drinks, cans, plates, glasses - every content in those cabinets - spilled out onto the floor of the kitchen. We all kind of sat there, completely stunned, and then my aunt said; "We won't talk about him anymore." Six years later, we find out that Andrea had been being "haunted" for lack of better term, by her dead father.

More recently, I started working in a residential home for disabled adults. This home I'm working in has three individuals. They're all total care. So they're all in wheel chairs, they all have GI Tubes, they can't talk, they can't walk, they don't eat. They're totally dependent upon me to get around. Usually, I put them in their beds around 8PM to get them to wind down and go to sleep. I work til 11, so that's three hours of down time that I write during or read or something. Now, usually, the apartment isn't creepy at all. But there was one night where I was at the computer alcove and out of the corner of my eye, I saw a shadow run past me. Okay.. I'm the only one who can walk in that apartment. But I dismissed it as a trick of the light. Finished my shift, went home. I go in the next day and go about my usual stuff. Writing in the computer alcove, and there was another shadow...but this time it paused...and then ran past again. So now I'm like super freaked out. But I just write it off, again. If you ignore it and it's not bothering you, just leave it be. The next night, nothing happens, so I kind of laugh at myself for getting all scared. But when the girl who relieves me from work came in, she asked if anything weird had been happening. I stopped, looked at her, and she was all "Oh god, it's happening to you, too, isn't it?" Apparently, when she worked (she works 3rd shift, so 11PM-9AM the next morning) she has encountered a woman in black with long white hair in the doorway of bedrooms when she is giving them meds or feeding them. She's heard whispering, things have moved away from her (as in she went to grab her cell phone and it flew across the counter right in front of her). Needless to say, we were kind of freaking out. It had happened to all three of the staff members who worked there.

So far, nothing has happened lately. We think what happened was it had come with one of our newer individuals when he moved from the nursing home and it was trying to test us? To see if we were going to harm him? Because it's been a month since (and two months since he moved in) any activity...and now it seems to be fine. If it's a ghost protecting the individual, I'm all sorts of happy - but if it's something else...ugh.
    3 people like this.
  20. Offline

Morticia Sweet Sassy Molassy

Total Posts:
    • Awards
    Funny you should say that!! The day or so after I responded to this thread, I had my own little experience, I think. I was helping my mum with auditions for the production she'll be putting on this year with our local theatre company. The auditions were held in the local memorial hall, god knows how old it is or what was on the site years ago, but there are many funerals held there because it's used as a church on certain sundays, and also for atheists or people who can't get into the handful of churches in town. I was sitting there with my computer open, typing away to finish my breeds for my up and coming RP forum when... I feel someone running their fingers through my ponytail. I froze, turned around and quite obviously, there was no one there. No one could be there because directly behind me was the stage and had anyone been standing or lying there, I would have heard them approach or titter away. Freaked me out a bit but I text my boyfriend and he walked me through it in a way xD told me to stay calm and it was probably someone taking a fancy to me! Later that night after some bad news I hopped out of the shower and had my back to the mirror. I looked behind me and down my back was this bright red mark of a hand and finger trails as if someone had scratched my back up but it didn't hurt at all. :o
    1 people like this.