1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are experiencing a technical problem, please explain it in as much detail as you can, including what you did to generate the error, what skin you are using, and screenshots if appropriate.

The New Skin

Discussion in 'Addressed Letters' started by Lint Roller, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Offline

Lint Roller Queen Mother

• Skin Fiend
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    the new skin
    So as you guys may have noticed, we have a new skin! Mousie and I worked extremely hard on it. Mousie helped me in many ways, she gave me advice when I needed it and (gentle) encouragement when I felt like I didn't want to work on it anymore. The design of the skin was mine, spanning back from the beginning of summer for a potential new Invisionfree skin. But I realize all this stuff is boring, so let's get down to the nitty gritty xD

your feedback
    This skin isn't perfect. I primarily skinned this alone, and this is my first time skinning for IPB 3.2. For those of you unfamiliar with this software, skinning for IPB 3.2 is similar to skinning on IF, if skinning for IF involved you editing ~20 CSS files and probably ~40 templates. It took several weeks of full working on this skin to get it to where it is, and there are many areas that aren't entirely spotlessly streamlined. I did the best I could with the limited time I had, but I know this skin isn't perfect.

All I ask, is that you friendly folks lend me a little bit of your patience for the time being. Please, if you notice any bugs (like if you notice any "default blue" or see something that just isn't quite right) post below by all means--but be nice. I'm still learning, naturally I try to make all of my skins perfect sometimes in the real world that isn't possible. We, as a staff, knew that you guys would understand and give us some time to streamline and perfect everything.

So, if you do spot anything please, please send us your feedback. Your opinion is appreciated, think of yourselves all as beta testers. We want to hear if anything isn't working, but we also want to hear if something is working. Most of all, please be patient this skin is still a work in progress and we're all doing the best we can. [IMG]

guidelines
    • Be nice. Everyone has worked extremely hard on this skin, the last thing anyone wants to read is that the skin is horrible. If you don't like aspects of the skin, please state why and just be nice we're all sensitive snowflakes. <3
    • Make sure your suggestion hasn't already been said, some things may accidentally get repeated but we'd like to try to keep that to a minimum.
    • Any extra information about support related issues (like if something about the skin is broken on your computer for some reason) is extremely helpful. Including screenshots isn't mandatory but will help us a lot in solving your issue.
    • If you notice something you really like about the skin, tell us! We want to make skins that you guys like, so tell us what we're doing right
    • Please use the following form
    the form

Code: Select
    [b]Link to issue:[/b] link or screenshot to problem area here
    [b]Description of problem:[/b] your description of what's going on
    [b]Something you love:[/b] Tell us something you like about the skin!
    full credits
    I just wanted to say thanks to all the people who helped in the development of this skin. That includes all of you staffers, you guys were posting on the test board and pointing out errors in the code way before I could catch them and that expedited finishing the skin a lot. I don't get to say this often enough, but you guys really made this skin what it is. Without your prodding, this skin wouldn't have turned out as awesome as it did.

special thanks to
    Mousie for helping all of us, not just with figuring out the technical aspects of the move, but also helping me figure out the skin. Mousie gave me tons of advice on skinning for IPB and always somehow knew when to swoop in and help, and when to stand back and just let me figure it out. Mousie helped develop the skeleton of the sidebar, and made our amazingly adorable forum markers!

kismet, you really had a very limited time to finish those pips didn't you? In any case, you did a great job, I think all of us just love them to death. I also can't say how much I've appreciated your feedback, you're one of my best troubleshooters. Plus that nifty code you made for the staff section is just amazing. Thank you so much!

Boleyn, you helped me so much with the initial design-stage of this skin. Without you we wouldn't have this amazing color scheme. You supported me the entire way through, even when you were really busy and I want you to know how much I appreciated that! <3

ShinLi, you helped pick out the usergroup colors and was a huge help to me along the way. You have always been supportive, and you were always the first person to tell me you liked something which is always really encouraging. You've also done a lot to help me renovate my support sections. Thank you, without your help I doubt I would have been able to get everything done on time.

Finally, all of you members. Yes you. Every time I saw anyone mention "I wonder how that new skin is coming along" or "I really want to see how it's coming" spurred me to keep going, to make it hopefully as awesome as you've expected. Thank you so much for your constant positivity and support.
    12 people like this.
  2. Offline

Axle Hooked on your line

Total Posts:
    Oh god this skin is absolutely beautiful, by fat the best IPB 3.2 skin I've ever seen. You've absolutely excelled yourself! Congratulations <3
    1 people like this.
  3. Offline

Zozma What the hell's a quatloon? Some kind of potato?

Total Posts:
    Aw, it's really cute, you guys and I'm not normally a huge fan of light skins. <3
  4. Offline

Dun Dun

Total Posts:
    • Awards
    I'm kinda in love with this skin. The second I saw it, I was all "jkdshgkfjh". Also, kismet's pips are kinda really freakin' fantastic. This needs to be noted. I love them.
    1 people like this.
  5. Offline

Kashira Guest

Can't say much more other then that the new skin is awesome! <3
  6. Offline

Mousie QUEENSLANDERRR!

• 'D Contributor
    • Community Devoted
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    Seriously, guys - Linty is not giving herself enough credit. When she says 'help from Mousie' what she means is that I, in my awful ruthless way, refused to do anything for her... and just point her in the direction of what she was looking to change. XD

For anyone who has seen the back end of an IPB 3.2 skin, you'll understand what I mean when I say it's pretty daunting to look at - it took me (no joke) three months to put together my first IPB skin, Linty here has done it in a matter of weeks. Less than three, I believe?

Even if it's not fully done, this skin has some amazing polish to it. Like I said, Linty -- you're the next Dragonfly. Fo' shizz!
    2 people like this.
  7. Offline

ohmyleelee Member

Total Posts:
    Lint i have always loved your work and the new skin is amazing i am so in love with it and how it looks. totally epic and amazing job.
  8. Offline

emfish. 8D

Total Posts:
    I haven't seen any bugs yet (though I'll keep an eye out!), but I just wanted to say that this skin is orgasmically awesome. I definitely flailed when I first saw it. Awesome job! <3
  9. Offline

Haymitch's Flask Lets go explore

Total Posts:
    • Awards
    I love it so much, i'm trying to justify skipping class to explore this new skin and software XD
  10. Offline

Chele Writer:odd being that transforms caffeine to books

• 'D Contributor
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    Love this skin! It's amazing! So clean and happy. It gives me summery feelings. :D
  11. Offline

Lily do you like [ ICE CREAM ] ?

Total Posts:
    I wish to nom on new skin of awesomeness. Wonderful job Linty!

-noms on skin-
  12. Offline

Revo. .sense {display:none;}

Total Posts:
    • Awards
    The skin is pure win. There really is nothing I don't like about it. You're a champ. The end. <33
    2 people like this.
  13. Offline

Abby This is my custom title.

Total Posts:
    • Awards
    You guys did a great job. Seriously.

I had the chance to see the insides of this software before (on a demo which is CLEARLY not enough time) and it gave me headaches. But for you to able to put together in as sort of a time you did, is worth celebrating.

I, for one, am so excited to be here, and to be a part of what can only be better times (and community) in the days and weeks ahead.
    2 people like this.
  14. Offline

emfish. 8D

Total Posts:
    So much this. xD Major, major kudos.
  15. Offline

The Mad Hattress Don't torture yourself, Gomez....that's my job.

• Online Professor
    • University Professor
    • University Collegiate
    • 'D Contributor
    • Community Devoted
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    The skin looks AMAZING! Mucho Kudos to you for all the amazing and hard work you did. :D
    1 people like this.
  16. Offline

Seven! Member

Total Posts:
    • Awards
    Well done. :)
  17. Offline

Walkietalk I have a real flair with excuses.

• Community Devoted
    Total Posts:
    Gonna say; the skin itself looks fantastic. :] No qualms from me except...

There's no Former Staff pip. D: Or at least, I don't see one. D: and this makes for a sad Walker because everyone else has gorgemous pips and we former staffers don't. D:

but other than that...wonderful. <3
    1 people like this.
  18. Offline

dracarys Member

Total Posts:
    • Awards
    There is one! Don't panic, we'll get it set up. Must have been lost in the shuffle last night. <3
  19. Offline

Legolas' Boxers to kill this girl you have to love her

Total Posts:
    • Awards
    Linty my love, I applaud you. I truly do. In less than three weeks, you made an AMAZING skin. And the rest of the people (Mousie, ShinLi, Boleyn, friends, etc {don't want to offend, my attention span is the size of a pea today}) you all did an AMAZING job helping out. This skin is beautiful. :)
  20. Offline

Darkfire Literally Voldemort

Total Posts:
    Link to issue: Main page, user activity area.
    Description of problem: I dislike the standard member name color. The beige-tan-brown color. It's fine in smaller quantities, like around the site itself, but down in the user activity portion of the main page, it's overwhelming. I recommend a change to something that doesn't look quite as bad in large disjointed quantities as this color, or to nest the classes so that if it's in that table, it won't display as that color.
    Something you love: Absolutely everything else.