1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seeking Something A Little Different!

Discussion in 'Requests Archive' started by burningsky, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Offline

cobblestone Member

Total Posts:
    Genre: Supernatural (of the ghostly sort!), historical, organized crime. Fairy tale might be fun, too!
    Difficulty: Any, though preference is medium and above.
    Types of Creatures: Ghosts, humans, witches/warlocks, I'd even accept some elves too. I'm trying to steer clear of the typical Twilight/Harry Potter though, so please keep that in mind.
    Preferred Rating: Mature.
    Preferred Number of Members/Activity: Active and friendly, please! I don't mind a handful of members, so long as there are a few posts to reply to a week.
    Preferred Time where RPG is set in: The more historical the better, but modern/futuristic is fine too, so long as it meets my other criteria. I promise, I'm really not that picky. ;)

Other Notes: It's been a while since I've nipped at the heels of my role-playing bug, but I'm happy to have enough down time in my schedule that would compliment joining a community or two.
  2. Offline

Joelle Member

Total Posts:
    Questions may be PMed here or mailed to [email protected] I am still working on the organization a bit, but we are currently 3, though the other member probably won't post till next week. We post nearly every day.

Ancient Egypt, the “Jewel of the Nile”, is on the verge of civil war. With the threat of attack becoming more and more of a reality, will Egypt, the Jewel of the Nile, survive? This is up to you, all our members!

You can be King Ptolemy, Queen Cleopatra or the ones who plot to take the throne, a humble slave, a fierce warrior, a god or a priestess of any Greek or Egyptian god. No story of the ancient empire called rightfully the “Jewel of the Nile” is out of limits! Fight for power, wealth, or for your own freedom, with weapons or intrigues…or, as well, let yourself adored on the temple’s pedestals and mix your celestial powers into the mortals’ affairs!

~ No prior knowledge about the setting necessary, only the will to learn
    ~ Resources links about Ancient Egypt and ancient civilizations chat
    ~Canons and originals accepted for both Egyptian and Greek characters
    ~Gods of both pantheons accepted
    ~ No character limit
    ~ Short application and quick approval
    ~ Minimum word count 5 sentences
    ~ Celebrity PBs are not necessary

Join the world of Ancient Egypt, live the experience of a time like no other and make your mark on history!
  3. Online

Clipsed I'm not insane. I just act like I am.

Total Posts:
    We are HP, but we're not typical - most notable about us is our setting: Victorian Britain. Since you said you're reasonably big on the historical, and we have more an emphasis on the period than the magical aspect, I thought I would toss us into the mix to see if we tickled your fancy :)

[IMG]

Victorian England is a world full of hypocritical secrecy and repression. Objects or persons considered inappropriate or unconventional is politely yet firmly ostracized. Three years ago, the presence of wizarding families was discovered. The Muggles of London forced those who could wield magic to go into exile. They were not accepted at social functions, they were fired from their jobs, some were aggressively chased out of town.

Slowly, the fugitives began to filter into the village of Hogsmeade- located outside of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Houses were built and refurnished, business created and reestablished, and the wizarding families created a society of their own. Even in their openly magic society, the rules of etiquette are strictly observed. It is a society of secrecy, repression, and magic built on a tenuous foundation of shifting beliefs and hypocrisy that makes one wonder whether or not anyone can find their place.

Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set in the village of Hogsmeade and the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. We have upper, middle and lower class characters as well as a few non-humans including: Centaurs, Goblins, House-Elves, Merfolk, Ghosts and Vampires. Our storyline is constantly being developed by the players and characters.

To help inspire creativity and plotlines, there are at least two - if not more - voluntary monthly events going on at any period of time. We strive to be a mature, friendly and drama-free community that focuses on quality over quantity and having fun.

4. Offline

Hiccup Haddock. "you're pouting, big baby boooo"

• Community Challenger
    • Community Devoted
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    Heya! I think you'd love Visionary Tales, a forum where you can play supernatural, historical, crime and fairy tale themes, all in the one place! That's right, Visionary Tales is a multi-genre haven where you can roleplay what you want, how you want it; not only limited to genre, but including creative freedom with plots, settings, characters, and any other preferences. We're very active and very friendly (that's a promise on both fronts!), but nor will we put any unnecessary stress onto our players, and so we don't have restrictions on word count, rating, or activity. Take a look! <3
  5. Offline

secondrisings All or muffin.

Total Posts:
    Hi there!

The Jersey Devil (our site) is a supernatural site based super loosely on the True Blood fandom (though it's expanding out beyond that), so we allow all the creatures you're looking for and encourage people to branch out from the ones we have listed. We're pretty easy going, and we have a lot of plots running that are pretty easy to get into and, again, we're really open-minded to new ones. Our setting isn't historical, we take place in the here and now, but we'd still love for you to come by and say hey!

[IMG]

6. Offline

Victor Hugo's Subtext the blood of angry men

• Novice Reviewer
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    Eastern Lands might be what you are looking for. We are a small but active historical low fantasy site with a low word count. We are a fandom, but no knowledge of the books are needed, a lot of our members haven't read them. We're really accepting of all sorts of characters, so you should come check us out!

[IMG]
    CELEBRATING ONE YEAR
    PLOT | RULES | CANON | CLAIMS | ADVERTISING

IN THE ALL CONSUMING FLAME

Tortall stands on the precipice of change; on the eve of the royal barge party in mid July, the arsonist that has plagued the city plans his ultimate revenge against the city he had found to be corrupt. The city of Corus will burn, destroying everything in its path regardless of age, profession or social standing and will plunge the city into chaos.

As the city lies in ruins, the drums of war beat ever louder. The call has gone out, summoning all of Baird's warriors to their arms. Marching against their eastern neighbor in a pre-emptive strike, will Tortall be victorious or has the young, impulsive king bitten off more than he can chew?

TORTALL IS IN FOR SOME TURBULENT TIMES

Eastern Lands is an intermediate medieval roleplay dedicated to being a friendly and creative community. Set in Tamora Pierce's world of Tortall over a hundred years before The Song of the Lioness. Easy to integrate, we require no previous knowledge of the books. We're a small but dedicated community with a low word count.
  7. Offline

rat Member

Total Posts:
    Hearth and Shield might do! It's a medieval-esque low fantasy game. All characters are humans, some with magic and some not. For a rating, there's an attitude of anything goes towards violence and swearing--we don't allow graphic sexual threads because they violate our Terms of Service. There are a handful of players and enough activity that players have the option of posting multiple times a day... though not everyone has the time, which also fine!

Hearth and Shield is based on Tamora Pierce's Circle of Magic, though you're welcome to join without knowing the books--we use canon settings and ideas with original plots and characters.

I hope you'll check it out!

[IMG]

Hearth and Shield: An Emelan Roleplay

You can tell nature no...

'Tis the season! On the shores of the Pebbled Sea, Longnight has come and passed. The sun has risen again, albeit for short winter days. The crops have been harvested and the Citadel buzzes with pomp and circumstance, parties and politics.

...but who says she'll listen?
    On the fifteenth day of the year 900, the flood struck, not from the sea as predicted but from the river. Summersea's poorest district has taken the worst hit. Many have lost their homes, their work, and--figuratively or literally--their lives.

There were warnings. There were preparations.

They weren't enough.
    Welcome to the Pebbled Sea.
    based on the books by Tamora Pierce
  8. Offline

Herl Member

Total Posts:
    Oh, oh, I think After Happy Endings is just for you!

First, it's 100% brand new. It's medieval but heavily inspired by fairytales and Game of Thrones. There's a plot, but it's not planned to be tight and to actually be more player driven (how original, I know), but hey, maybe the story will interest you?

Summed up, it's pretty much about two things: fairytales stories taken in a more realistic and down to earth edge, and what happens after their happy endings.

What kind of fairytales? Well, all of them, not just Grimm's stories. Original characters? Highly encouraged. Canon fairytales spun in original directions? Yes please! I mean, for one, red riding hood is a guy in this universe.

Well anyway, if you like the idea, you're more than welcome to join! I hope I see you there!

9. Offline

Eirlys Member

Total Posts:
    Hi! you said you might want to look at a faerytale site? Maybe you could check out Mythopoeia?
    [IMG]

Welcome, Traveler, to Mythopoeia. This is a land of Myth and Legend. A place of magic, where heroes live. Every story you've heard, every tale you've been told: They're true. And this is the land in which they live. This is a land of both danger and enchantment.

In Albion, King Arthur has taken the throne and has begun uniting the lesser kings of Albion under his reign. East of this, in Loegria, the old king, Richard, has died leaving only his younger brother, John to take the throne. The people aren't happy with this arrangement at all though, and have started rebelling. To the north, the Kingdom of Nóregr is threatening war against both countries, and to the south The kingdom of Víteliú is suffering under a wizard's curse.

So, brave wanderer, I have only this to ask you: Are you ready to prove yourself a hero? Are you ready to make your myth?

Home|Rules|Plot|Canons
  10. Offline

ITW Head of House Member

Total Posts:
    Hey there! We're a real life board with a mix of fantasy in that many of the characters have super powers. You can play a "gifted" or a "non gifted" character. I know we don't outright suit what you're looking for, but the reason that I'm giving you this ad is that you asked for "organized crime." We don't have any organized crime going on yet, but there s a lot of room for it to develop. There's even the Pancake's Pub forum, which description implies that organized crime might be going on there. I've been looking for people to join with edgier/darker characters, especially criminals, to help spice things up. We're rated "M" (3-3-3), so everything is acceptable so long as the tag is marked mature. Check us out if you're interested, we love new members. ^_^
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
  11. Offline

PrrrrrrrrJoolz An unapologetic history geek!

Total Posts:
    Hey Burningsky!

I think I have a perfect site for you since you say you like something different AND something historical. I have HISTORICAL UNIVERSES to offer you! It is a multi-period, multi-game historical sites that has (right now) 4 different historical games on one board, and you can join any one of them or all four :D We are active and super friendly! In fact, two of our new members have recently commented on how friendly and welcoming we are and eager to plot. We are a mature board and have mature players who are super fun and love to thread. There will always be a few replies to do a week, if not the opportunity for more than that. We have players who post a few times a week and others who post a few times a day!

We'd love to have you join us :D
    [IMG]

Historical Universes is a multi-period, multi-game historical RPG, which means we have multiple role playing games all on one board, all historical!

Historical Universes was conceived and created because we noticed, as drivers, that we come across many of the same people in historical RPGs and would love to have those fantastic RPers all in one place! For people who are crazy about RPing and love history.

Our plan was simple: start out with a few different games and expand as we go along and gain members. We are opening with the Borgia Papacy, Charles I (right before the English Civil War), and Louis XIV and his Musketeers. The Borgias board will be more focused on intrigue, poisonings, bribery, sexuality in Rome and greater Italy in 1501. The Charles I board will be more focus one courtly life, religious and political upheaval, the beginnings of civil war in the 1640s in England. The Louis XIV board (1660) will be heavily focused on the lower levels of court nobility and gentry with Musketeers, actors, musicians, ladies in waiting, etc, with a smattering of nobility and lots of opulent parties (think lots of art and performances crossed with swashbuckling).

*TUDORS GAME OPENED AND RUNNING WITH OVER 15 CHARACTERS ALREADY!!!*

It doesn't end there. In the coming weeks we plan to open Charles II (The Restoration), Valois France (Louis XII to run alongside Henry VIII), and Ramses II Egypt! We have other dastardly and exciting secret plans as well, but you'll have to join to find out about those in the coming weeks!

Board Features
    More than one historical RP in ONE PLACE!
    Skin selector (multiple options light and dark)
    Friendly, helpful, active, posting staff
    Activity guidelines only for certain canons/requests
    Over 30 characters and growing
    Character driven plotting
    Lots of canons available with open PBs
    OCs allowed :D (timeperiod realistic though please)
    No word count
    Short, freeformish app
    Historically realistic
    No drama
    Low on micromanaging
    Literate RP
    Mature
    Invision Power Board (jcink)
    LGBT/slash friendly (timeperiod realistic though please)
  12. Offline

Sephula Member

Total Posts:
    I think Deadlight might be just what you're looking for =). Admittedly, we're not historical, but hopefully we can make up for that with other appeals. It's very much a fantasy setting, but I'm not sure that word fits it completely. It's set in present day New York (for the most part), with a lot of praeternatural creatures, mythological influences, superpowered people, fables (fairy tale characters < 3) and the like. We have witches, shapeshifters, banshees, elves, valkyries and the lot! We're open to just about any kind of praeternatural creature or mythological being, with the exception of gods < 3. The board is super active and it carries an evolving story, which is the driving factor of the board, I feel. Buuut. For the most part, I think I'm going to let it speak for itself ^^.
    [IMG]
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
  13. Offline

Penrosita all the harry lloyd gifs.

Total Posts:
  14. Offline

Shade I've seen what's at the other end of the rainbow.

Total Posts:
    • Our genre is medieval fantasy (on the darker side of things). So we kind of have the historical going thing.... just in an original world.
    • I've noticed we vary as a whole. All of us are capable of writing lengthy posts but they avarage out around a few paragraphs. Overall, we support good writing... rather than spending 300 words describing a mole on someone's face.
    • Humans, elves, and fae are you choices. Read our info on them before writing them off. Staff have made special efforts to not copy paste the generic information and come up with it on their own. They put a spin on things.
    • Mature site through and through. Actually requires members to be over 18.
    • We are a somewhat new group of writers. Staff are on daily and are dedicated to the site and it's members. Everyone there is rather open and helpful to newcomers - this is something I observed as a member when I first joined. I myself and including others are frequent posters.
    I based this off of what you are asking and I hope to see you around very soon if to at least check us out. Drop me a message if you have any questions because I would be happy to help you.

The link is in my signature, notify me if you have any difficulty getting it to work. (just in case.... i've had not issues with it as of yet)
  15. Offline

The Codpiece Member

Total Posts:
    I think AeRo may tickle your fancy! :D Check us out.
    Aeterna Roma – Eternal Rome

[IMG]

Welcome to Rome, the Eternal city. In a place where the streets are running thick with wine, blood, scandal, ambition, and lust, events happen so quickly that rising to power one day and falling the next is expected. Sweet words, honeyed speeches, and purses of money might milk your way to the top, but one wrong move and it's all over. This is a place where one forges alliances to survive and where enemies can seem as friends until they stab your back. A place where lust and wine are entwined so quickly that marriages are made and dissolved in months. A place where the new young Caesar fights his own Senate for power while trying to find those he can trust.

Welcome to Rome, the Eternal City.

Where will you go in such a place as this?

List of Features

Premium cbox, paid hosting with no ads!
    Active & friendly OOC and IC community
    Plenty of adoptables and canons available for play.
    Allows and encourages original characters
    Welcoming for those who have extensive knowledge about Ancient Rome or those who just want to have some fun online.

Rules | F.A.Q | Canons/Adoptables | Joining App | Ads/Affs

Aeterna Roma – Eternal Rome
  16. Online

Elenitsa a seadog looking for new crewmates

• 'D Contributor
    • Community Devoted
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    If you like a historical site without any supernatural streak, you would fit well “Before the Mast”. I am offering you the real life of the Age of Sail, with plenty of swashbuckling adventures. The site goes strong since August 2010, so it’s bound to stay around…

You may choose any playby you want, and character opportunities abound: we have 4 ships of various allegiances to crew and islands belonging to the French and British crown to populate. Mostly adult characters, teenagers do exist, but they are rare. Men aboard any ship are strongly recommended as first characters. For those who are fans of secrets, we have these too; almost nobody is what they seem to be: the tavern owners and barmaids are spying for the pirates, the French governor is involved in shady deals with the pirates, the youngest British Navy sailor is a girl in disguise, the now allies have a blood feud between them, the new privateer captain has killed the previous one in a mutiny…

What we offer:

- A friendly writing community, without OOC drama or cliques, with friendly and dedicated staff, in a game which has won RPG-D and RPG-U Forum of the Fortnight/ respectively Month awards.

- An original real life site within a historical setting, without magic/ special powers.

- a semi-advanced to advanced site, with help for the newbies provided. Word count is of one paragraph, not diffficult to achieve, given that not everybody has English as mother tongue, but there are enough people who post 400 words or more (without any requirement of matching posts).

- The site is rated PG-13 (L2-S2-V2), so it is not really limiting. In the spirit of those years, mature temes such as sex, violence, abuse exist, without explicit scenes (fade to black required).

- A wild variety of plots and subplots where everybody can find something to his or her liking

- Special community events and a monthly newsletter focusing on plots, characters and players.

- Help with character applications and quick approval

- Extensive information regarding the historical facts – no more torturing the poor Google on your own!

What we are looking for:

Dedicated and interested players. While we understand that real life comes first, it is also true, that a roleplaying game is a community project and other players might desperately wait for you to post. Therefore, we are looking for players, who are willing and able to post regularly. Activity requirement is posting at least once a week in each thread you have (unless you post an "away" notice - we understand about holidays, exams, etc.).

We are medium active (new posts every day, but not in every thread).

We don't expect you to be a history professor or anything, just to be willing to learn and to keep your character true to the historical circumstances.

[IMG]
    Yes, BEFORE THE MAST wants YOU!

PLOT|| CREW LIST|| FACE CLAIM|| NEWBIE GUIDE

It’s 1719 in the West Indies. War time, and pirates are also on the prowl. Sea fights, duels, plenty of swashbuckling adventures, intrigues of all kinds, mutiny, romance, betrayal – “Before the Mast” brings to live the Age of Sail like none before. Be ye a pirate, a naval officer, a slave or a lady, you will find a place aboard one of our four ships or live on a paradise island.

There is no Sparrow here, mate. Enjoy our gritty, realistic historical setting if you like learning about those times while getting immersed in weaving our original story.

Come live with us BEFORE THE MAST, sharpen your blades, load your guns, and drain that last sip of rhum!
  17. Offline

Epa Kiss Kiss

Total Posts:
    With 3 RPGs, one of them must fit your needs =)

[IMG]
  18. Offline

Felix Mr. Inconsistent

• Community Devoted
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    You need to come to Denver!

We are four months old, bright happy posterzing people and former winner of the FOTF!

[hr]

[IMG]

The central premise of Being Human is that various types of supernatural beings exist alongside humans, with varying degrees of menace.

Some of these supernatural beings are opting to live among humans rather than apart from them, trying to blend in rather than live with their own kind while attempting (as much as is possible) to live ordinary human lives despite the pressures and dangers of their situations.

They are constantly threatened with exposure or persecution, with pressure from other supernatural creatures, and with problems caused by their attempts to deal with their own natures while "Being Human."

Our stories are set in Denver, a large city that is the hub of trade between the East and West coasts, nested between the mountains and the desert. A perfect setting for those stuck between longing to be 'normal' and knowing it will never be true.

Humans, both gifted and not, Vampires, Ghosts, and Werewolves live, if you can call it that, in this bustling city.

Will you rebel against your role, your very nature? Or fall prey to it?

~Newbie Guide~~[IMG] ~Advertising~