1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*peek a boo!

Discussion in 'Welcoming Floor' started by *peek.a.bloody.boo*, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Offline

*peek.a.bloody.boo* Member

Total Posts:
    `PEEK A BLOODY BOO !
    [IMG]

Hi everyone! I'm Isabelle, or Izzy, if you prefer the short version.
    I'm 21, from Norway, and, yeah, I'm the nutcase in the picture above.
    Obviously, I'm not quite sane. Still, though; it's nice to meet you all! :)

Anyhow, I've done a bit of rp-ing back in the days, as a teen. Always loved writing and
    just playing around with words in general. Unfortunately, due to health reasons, I was
    forced to take a leave of absence. That was around 5-6 years ago.

I'm better now, thankfully, although my mental capacity isn't what it once was. To be honest,
    calling me rusty would be quite an understatement. I have trouble focusing for long periods of time,
    particularly when it comes to writing coherent sentences, and my memory leaves a lot left to
    be desired. In other words; I'm in need of some serious training, ASAP!
    Which is what I'm hoping to accomplish by joining up again here. That and, of course, to learn some
    new tricks along the way. So, if any of you have the patience to endure my snail-like pace,
    and would like to help me out, maybe by giving me a few pointers
    or rping with me, I'd be forever grateful.

When it comes to interests, well...I've got a major weak-spot for history, especially
    Ancient Egyptian history, and I absolutely love to travel. Going back-packing for a year
    is definitely on my to-do list.
    More rpg-related, I've also got a big passion for books. I enjoy reading just about anything,
    although some of my favorite authors are Janet Evanovich, Chelsea Cain,
    Patricia Briggs, Anne Bishop and Stephen King, among others.
    As for movies and television shows; I used to watch a lot of TV as a kid.
    Not so much these days. Still, BTVS will always have a special place in my heart.
    Same thing goes for Dark Angel, and, more recently, Supernatural.
    Oh, and possibly Arrow as well. Just started watching it, and, well,
    I'm definitely intrigued.

Anyway, I think that's about it. Can't really think of anything else to say at the moment.
    If you've got any questions, or would just like to say hi, please do.
    I'd definitely appreciate it! :)

Lone_wolf likes this.
  2. Offline

Asha 24601

Total Posts:
    • Awards
    The mention of Dark Angel had me squeeing quite literally. XD Welcome to the D and I'm sure you will have fun! Don't worry about being rusty. Rp'ing is like riding a bike. You never really forget.

:3
    *peek.a.bloody.boo* likes this.
  3. Offline

Chekhov's gun I'm a rattlesnake, babe.

Total Posts:
    • Awards
    OH MAN, I REMEMBER DARK ANGEL.

I bet you'll get right back in the saddle, though, once you get used to it and everything it'll be like, 'awww yissss.' Like riding a bike, but not as hard.

Welcome to RPGD, btw!
    *peek.a.bloody.boo* and Asha like this.
  4. Offline

Total Posts:
    Aw, thanks guys! You have no idea how much those inspiring words means to me. Both of you had me grinning ear-to-ear by the end of your posts. Thank you so, so much! :) *gives out brownies*

Aaaaand; it's really nice to meet you both! All hail DA, no? Hehe. :) Man, those were the good 'ol days. I don't know why, but it seems as if every damn show I fall in love with, ends up being cancelled. Heh....maybe I'm doomed. :( Ah, well, at least we still get to see Jensen Ackles on SPN, right?

PS: Love you avatars (and signatures). So cute! And so hot! ;)
    metaphorical and Asha like this.
  5. Offline

Asha 24601

Total Posts:
    • Awards
    I know the feeling. I used to watch Dollhouse, Moonlight, Moonlighting, Secret Circle, the list is endless. It's those producers. THEY LIVE TO TORTURE US! XD
  6. Offline

Total Posts:
    • Awards
    Man, I have no idea why Dark Angel got canceled. IT WAS SO GOOD. I was too young to remember a lot of it, but I know that it was good. AND YES, JENSEN ACKLES <3 <3 <3 <3 AND SUPERNATURAL.

And NO PROBLEM, MAN. I BELIEVE IN YOU.

I got like... way too excited somewhere half-way through this.
    *peek.a.bloody.boo* and Asha like this.
  7. Offline

Total Posts:
    Amen to that, Asha. Bloody producers! Hehe. ;)

And, metaphorical; DUDE, THAT WAS AWESOME....AND SO CUTE to read. Seriously, you had me laughing from the get-go. AND JA + SPN = <3 <3 + A MILLION MORE!! .....Whoa, your excitement must be contagious or something. Think I just screamed that out loud. Ops. :mad:

Anyhow, crazy-ness and doomed television shows aside, what else do you guys like to do/watch outside of rping? And, well, forgot to ask, but; what kinda rpgs do you usually go for? (Hope it's okay to ask that here?)
    metaphorical and Asha like this.
  8. Offline

Total Posts:
    • Awards
    It's totally okay to ask that here! ;D

Personally, I am a television junkie. I watch like... The Walking Dead, Supernatural, Dexter, Regular Show, Adventure Time, Go On (RIP), SouthLAnd (RIP ;( ), Community, Parks and Recreation, Hannibal, Criminal Minds, Documentaries on like... anything, TLC-anything. I'm pretty addicted to watching tv. ;(

I mostly play in original settings with supernatural elements, I used to do real life, but not so much anymore. And outside of RP, I do web design. Or I'm getting into it. xD
    *peek.a.bloody.boo*, Miickey and Asha like this.
  9. Offline

Isadorabelle Member

Total Posts:
    I'm the odd man out in your welcome thread, @*peek.a.bloody.boo*, I've never seen Dark Angel, but welcome to RPG-D! My memory is pretty atrocious too, so you're definitely not alone! @metaphorical is right, it's just like riding a bike! Good luck and again, welcome to rpg-d!
  10. Offline

Vii So you wanna play with magic?

• University Professor
    • Emerging Artist
    • 'D Contributor
    • Community Devoted
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    Man, I haven't seen the words Dark Angel in some time!

Welcome to the 'D!
  11. Offline

Papa Phoenix Guest

Total Posts:
    Welcome to D' ;D
  12. Offline

Total Posts:
    @metaphorical: Whoa. That's a whole 'lotta shows. XD How do you find time for them all? I usually have trouble keeping up with just one show at a time, though I almost always manage to miss an episode or two. *fail*
    As for the web design; should've figured out as much, given your gorgeous signatures and avatars. :)Made them yourself? Wish I was good at that stuff. Unfortunately, my graphical skills are even worse than my writing. Lmao. XD

@Isadorabelle (are we name-mates?): Thanks for the warm welcome! ^_^ Good to hear I'm not the only one who needs to pop a few more blueberries, hehe. ;)

@Miickey: Yay! Another DA fan? Oh, and cute pic of Mickey's butt. Haven't seen that one before. xD

@Lone_wolf: Aw, thanks! XD Nice avatar by the way. Is that Ryan Reynolds?

PS: Sorry for the late reply - the internet connection went out again. Typical. :(
    metaphorical likes this.
  13. Offline

• University Professor
    • Emerging Artist
    • 'D Contributor
    • Community Devoted
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    It's my own blended graphic-y work + a pic of Mickey, but thanks <3
  14. Offline

Total Posts:
    Wow, wish I knew how to do that. It looks fantastic. <3 How long have you been doing graphics? Was it hard to learn?
  15. Offline

Total Posts:
    • Awards
    BEING UNEMPLOYED, THAT IS HOW. When I'm busy with school stuff, I usually kind of like... catch up on the weekend instead of watching them every night. Also, I forgot that Psych goes on that list. And The Mentalist.

So much tv.

AND NAH, I didn't make the gifs, I was way too lazy for that. I did make the little banner that says my site name/I make my own layouts. It's fun! I started with zero skill, too. :|
    *peek.a.bloody.boo* and Miickey like this.
  16. Offline

• University Professor
    • Emerging Artist
    • 'D Contributor
    • Community Devoted
    Total Posts:
    • Awards

I've only been doing it for just over 2 years. It takes a lot of trial and error, and a lot of patience. I did a lot of tutorials and bothered my graphic-y friends a lot but eventually I got the hang of it and started doing it all on my own. Found my own kind of style and just have been doing it nonstop ever since.
  17. Offline

Total Posts:
    @metaphorical: WELL, THAT MAKES TWO OF US. ;) Still at school here. Not really sure what I want to do for the rest of my life. I was thinking of studying archeology, but with my writing issues, I can't see that happening anytime soon. Ergo; time for plan B....if I only knew what it was. :(

And, yeah, dude, that is A LOT of TV. But, hey; it takes dedication to be able to catch them all. So, creds to you! ;)

As for the layouts part; really? Cool! Guess there's hope for amateurs like me after all, huh? Though, I bet it takes a couple of year to get to the level you're at? Because, gifs or no gifs, that little banner rocks! <3

@Miickey: Ah...patience. In other words; exactly what I don't have. XD By the way; I just took a look at your portfolio and...wow. I'm speechless. They're all absolutely beautiful! <3
    metaphorical and Miickey like this.
  18. Offline

• University Professor
    • Emerging Artist
    • 'D Contributor
    • Community Devoted
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    Awe, thanks <3

I do live tutorials sometimes, you never know, you just might get to see how the magic happens!
  19. Offline

Total Posts:
    • Awards
    IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN LEARNING you can totally look up tutorials on photoshop online. That's how I learned, mostly, and if you have any questions on how to do things, you can PM me some time!
    *peek.a.bloody.boo* and Miickey like this.
  20. Offline

Total Posts:
    @Miickey: Oh, wow, you do? Awesome! I'm definitely signing up for that! :) Lemme know when you're planning one, m'kay?

@metaphorical: Thanks for the tip! Sounds like a really good idea, though I saw a few here, on the board, as well. Have you tried any of them? I've kinda been drooling all over the tutorials here on the board. It's just....there's so many of them. XD I'm not sure where to start; graphics, templates or just basic RP-ing. *facepalm* My constant indecision is driving my nuts, hehe. :(

By the way, err...this might be a stupid question, but; what should you do after you've introduced yourself, besides taking classes?