1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Some Fun

Discussion in 'Requests Archive' started by Enchanted Ethereal, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Offline

Enchanted Ethereal New Member

Total Posts:
    Genre: Any
    Difficulty: Any
    Types of Creatures: All kinds are good.
    Preferred Rating: Mature is my fave kind but any
    Preferred Number of Members/Activity: ACTIVE
    Preferred Time where RPG is set in: Any and all
    Other Notes: Okay so I seem to be on sites that have either stopped at a stand still or died. So I am looking for some new or active sites that are still posting.

I am not picky about genres but I don't like anything that is restricting. I mean like in rules. I understand though an dodn't mind character caps but I don't like specific bans.

Also as far as word count goes I post what I can when I can. I am active but some days I just no muse and will end up playing Sims 3 or homework. But I will try to be active as possible.

Thank you all kindly for your interest in me :3
  2. Offline

Kitty5roses Member

Total Posts:
    • Awards
    [IMG]
    Forever Night is an RPG set in Anne Bishop's Realms of the Blood, from her Black Jewels Trilogy novels. The realms are home to a race of people known as the Blood. Who possess magical ability and live in a matriarchal society, where women rule and the males protect. A world of powerful queens and savage Warlord Princes, proud centaurs and the deadly and private elven race, the Dea Al Mon. A world full of mystery and intrigue, Romance and adventure.

Enter the Realms at Forever Night.
    • FN is a community open to everyone, we accept all players from beginners to advanced. We offer a mentor program for those just starting out in RP or in the Realms or who just want some advice on their role playing.
    • We have a quick application system to have you playing in no time! No lengthy word counts!
    • Transfer characters are welcome! So dust off that old favorite and head on over.
    • Our staff are friendly and active and always happy to help with any query.
    • We have heaps of great plots running with plenty of openings for new characters, Want to start your own plot? No worries, we have many territories still to be claimed!
    • Join our Facebook community to keep track of interesting threads and all board news. Its easy as clicking LIKE!
    Forever Night
    Where the fate of the Blood is in your hands.

[Beginners Guide][Advertising]
    [IMG]

3. Offline

_Shadow_ Torturing Characters since 2003

Total Posts:
    I'd like to offer Interitus for your consideration. We're an original scifi/real life site. We have no word count, all characters are human (or human like), and we're all adult and literate players.
    We have a mature rating, so anything goes but we're all about forwarding and enriching the story, not about smut for smut's sake. While it appears in our stories, it's not integral and is used with care. We've been going strong for over 8 months and we're very dedicated and in love with the site, so we're not about to leave!
    Anyway, here's some info and the ad. Please take the time to give us a look and if you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to ask in the chatbox!

What we offer:
    - ORIGINAL scifi/real life genre
    - Invisionfree
    - Eight months young and counting
    - Mature members, all 18+
    - No word count
    - Literate, advanced roleplay
    - Aesthetically pleasing, but simple app
    - Members very willing to get you involved in the plot
    - Canon Adoptables and Wanted Ads
    - Very active and friendly community
    - LGBT friendly

[IMG]
    They came, they conquered, and we are slaves to the ruin.

They gave us two choices:
    Servitude or Death.

There is actually another choice
    that they didn't think anyone would choose...

Fight like Hell!

INTERITUS

Home | Plot | Rules | Sign Up | New Member Guide
  4. Offline

Chekhov's gun I'm a rattlesnake, babe.

Total Posts:
    • Awards
    AHH, your request is so open that I read it like 20 times like 'no, there has to be a catch what is the catch??' xDDD

OKAY, so in your search for new sites, you may want to consider The Jersey Devil! We're PG-13, not mature, but we're pretty active. We don't have a ton of members, but the ones we do have are dedicated and we post a lot. We're in a sliiiight lull right now, because of Spring Break, but otherwise, we're chugging along.

The Jersey Devil is based loosely on the True Blood universe, and we only accept original characters.

[IMG]

5. Offline

TheOracle I keep cereal in my pocket. To feed them.

Total Posts:
    • Awards
    Ditto reading it a few times to be sure I hadn't overlooked the customary caveats. Soooooo.

If you have any interest in Pern (link is for the Wikipedia's article on Pern, which is about all the primer you really need), you can check out M&L.
    [IMG]
    When is a legend a legend?
    For 450 Turns, Pern was Thread-free. Believing themselves rid of their ancient enemy once and for all, the people of Pern turned a blind eye to the empty Weyrs, to the slow decline of their once-saviors, the dragonriders. By the time the Red Star began winking again in the dawn sky, it was almost too late, and even the drastic measures of the dragonriders weren't enough to fully prepare their scant numbers to survive the coming Pass. So Lessa took matters into her own hands and made a jump between to the start of the Eighth Interval, to rally the Weyrs of the past to come forward and help the people of the present. But something went wrong. Lessa's delirium never broke, and the riders of the Eighth Interval were only able to patch together the urgency through the feverish images of a panicked Ramoth. Lessa finally succumbed to her fever, and the riders of the Eighth Interval made a decision: they would make the jump to the Ninth Pass regardless of the dangers.
    Why is a myth a myth?
    Arriving in the Ninth Pass, their numbers greatly decreased by losses during the trip, the riders of the past hastily reorganized themselves into fighting forces. Fort Weyr's numbers were staggered, further decreased by losses in Threadfall. The Weyr limped through the first Turn of the Pass, hoping there really was light at the end of the tunnel. Fort Hold, meanwhile, prospered under the leadership of Lord Groghe, but his estranged oldest son had a secret plan to take back what was rightfully his...

Era: Ninth Pass

Canon Level: Medium
    Women Impress green, blue, brown, and gold.
    Men Impress green, blue, brown, and bronze.
    Sexuality does not impact Impression.
    Firelizards will be available for play, but whers will not.

Openings: Please see this thread for details

Word Count: None

Site: http://www.thepernese.com ~ Myths & Legends
    [IMG]
  6. Offline

Penrosita all the harry lloyd gifs.

Total Posts:
  7. Offline

Adell The Androgynous Anonymous Hatter

Total Posts:
    You might want to join our growing little community?

Mudblood is a Post-Canon Harry Potter RP set in the Year 2117 where the lines between the Muggle and the Magical worlds are being blurred. Now that Muggles know the secret, they are doing everything to be at par with magic. With a cold war going on, what will light the fuse and make everything come crashing down?
    [IMG]
  8. Offline

rat Member

Total Posts:
    Lost and Found Broken might do! It's a post-apocalyptic zombie game, M-rated, set about a decade in the future. As for activity, the site just opened a little over a week ago, so it's still small, but there are active threads every day. There aren't restrictions as to what sort of characters can be made.

I hope you'll check it out!

[IMG]

PlotRulesCanonsHome
  9. Offline

Felix Mr. Inconsistent

• Community Devoted
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    You need to come to Denver!

We are four months, bright happy posterzing people and former winner of the FOTF!

Easy going and relaxed, our board is more than just a board, it's a community. I do hope you come and check us out. :D

[hr]

[IMG]

The central premise of Being Human is that various types of supernatural beings exist alongside humans, with varying degrees of menace.

Some of these supernatural beings are opting to live among humans rather than apart from them, trying to blend in rather than live with their own kind while attempting (as much as is possible) to live ordinary human lives despite the pressures and dangers of their situations.

They are constantly threatened with exposure or persecution, with pressure from other supernatural creatures, and with problems caused by their attempts to deal with their own natures while "Being Human."

Our stories are set in Denver, a large city that is the hub of trade between the East and West coasts, nested between the mountains and the desert. A perfect setting for those stuck between longing to be 'normal' and knowing it will never be true.

Humans, both gifted and not, Vampires, Ghosts, and Werewolves live, if you can call it that, in this bustling city.

Will you rebel against your role, your very nature? Or fall prey to it?

~Newbie Guide~~[IMG] ~Advertising~
  10. Offline

The Codpiece Member

Total Posts:
    We're active and very welcoming! :D
    Aeterna Roma – Eternal Rome

[IMG]

Welcome to Rome, the Eternal city. In a place where the streets are running thick with wine, blood, scandal, ambition, and lust, events happen so quickly that rising to power one day and falling the next is expected. Sweet words, honeyed speeches, and purses of money might milk your way to the top, but one wrong move and it's all over. This is a place where one forges alliances to survive and where enemies can seem as friends until they stab your back. A place where lust and wine are entwined so quickly that marriages are made and dissolved in months. A place where the new young Caesar fights his own Senate for power while trying to find those he can trust.

Welcome to Rome, the Eternal City.

Where will you go in such a place as this?

List of Features

Premium cbox, paid hosting with no ads!
    Active & friendly OOC and IC community
    Plenty of adoptables and canons available for play.
    Allows and encourages original characters
    Welcoming for those who have extensive knowledge about Ancient Rome or those who just want to have some fun online.

Rules | F.A.Q | Canons/Adoptables | Joining App | Ads/Affs

Aeterna Roma – Eternal Rome
  11. Offline

Sephula Member

Total Posts:
    I think Deadlight might be just what you're looking for =). It's very much a fantasy/supernatural setting (although somewhat as if fantasy were introduced to the real world), but I'm not sure that word fits it completely. It's set in present day New York (for the most part), with a lot of praeternatural creatures, mythological influences, superpowered people, fairy tale characters and the like, but we have plenty of humans also. When it comes down to it, we're open to just about any kind of praeternatural creature, human or mythological being, with the exception of gods (and that's largely because on the board, for the most part, the gods' time has passed) < 3. The board is super active and it carries an evolving story, which is the driving factor of the board, I feel. Buuut. For the most part, I think I'm going to let it speak for itself ^^.
    [IMG]
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
  12. Offline

Drae Member

Total Posts:
    • Awards
    Hey Enchanted Ethereal! What an awesome username!

Okie dokie, so for your kind consideration, I've Sizael! An original fantasy roleplay, we'd love to have you! We have new posts daily, and we do have some crazy moments in the shoutbox (the other day some of us were competing to see who was the evil mastermind), and we don't force you to post any number of times per week. What do we care about? That you're having fun. You can choose your post length and change it at any time too!

We never put character caps on, and right now we're promoting our pirates character class type, but of course you're welcome to be an assassin, merchant, magic-user, knight, druids, rangers and we have more great class types and races coming in our nearing game update! So if you'd like to take a peek at some of our Pirate Revival promotional material (we're still setting up our promotional push), please take a peek here!

And of course, here is our advertisement for you to munch your way through! Any questions, please don't hesitate to PM me here or over at Sizael (I'm Captain there)![hr]

[IMG]

STORY

The kingdom of Sizael was once ruled by thirty-two magic users known as the Elite Sorcerers. For four years, the ranger Havazeti has been in power since her revolution. The kingdom's people despise her, having seen first hand that she seemingly cares little for them or their kingdom.

Recently: with the Assassin Pirate Treaty at threat, their capital under seige and other things taking the Sizaelings' attention, few notice that the citizens of their neighbouring ally, Lemora, are struggling with a danger spreading in their land. As many Lemoriens flee to Sizael by any means even as their borders close, they bring the danger with them as well as the cause.

You change our storyline!

[IMG]

FEATURES
    • Choose your post length requirement!
    • Storyline develops with characters' actions
    • 3 character races - Jateri, Human and Anubian
    • Multiple character classes - assassins, pirates, knights, magic-users, druids, rangers, amigari & trade merchants
    • Magic-user sub-groups available
    • Animal, demon, djinni and mythical creature companions
    • Lots of (optional) awards to earn
    • Competitions, special events & academy
    • Active, friendly and patient staff
    • Remains open during updates
    • Welcomes all suggestions & affiliations
    • Lots of custom pre-made avatars available
    • Some adoptables available

[Home] [Storyline Overview] [Guidebook] [Active Characters]
  13. Offline

Enchanted Ethereal New Member

Total Posts:
    Oh wow thank you all so much for the love this is so exciting! :D

I really appreciate it and while I am still looking I think I've saved all the sites. I just can't decide on one really. So I'll dip my toes in to find my homes. <3

Once again thank you and still looking!
  14. Offline

Elenitsa a seadog looking for new crewmates

• 'D Contributor
    • Community Devoted
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    If you like a historical site, you would fit well “Before the Mast”. I am offering you the real life of the Age of Sail, with plenty of swashbuckling adventures. The site goes strong since August 2010, so it’s bound to stay around…

You may choose any playby you want, and character opportunities abound: we have 4 ships of various allegiances to crew and islands belonging to the French and British crown to populate. Mostly adult characters, teenagers do exist, but they are rare. Men aboard any ship are strongly recommended as first characters.

For those who are fans of secrets, we have these too; almost nobody is what they seem to be: the tavern owners and barmaids are spying for the pirates, the French governor is involved in shady deals with the pirates, the youngest British Navy sailor is a girl in disguise, the now allies have a blood feud between them, the new privateer captain has killed the previous one in a mutiny…

What we offer:

- A friendly writing community, without OOC drama or cliques, with friendly and dedicated staff, in a game which has won RPG-D and RPG-U Forum of the Fortnight/ respectively Month awards.

- An original real life site within a historical setting, without magic/ special powers.

- a semi-advanced to advanced site, with help for the newbies provided. Word count is of one paragraph, not diffficult to achieve, given that not everybody has English as mother tongue, but there are enough people who post 400 words or more (without any requirement of matching posts).

- The site is rated PG-13 (L2-S2-V2), so it is not really limiting. In the spirit of those years, mature temes such as sex, violence, abuse exist, without explicit scenes (fade to black required).

- A wild variety of plots and subplots where everybody can find something to his or her liking

- Special community events and a monthly newsletter focusing on plots, characters and players.

- Help with character applications and quick approval

- Extensive information regarding the historical facts – no more torturing the poor Google on your own!

What we are looking for:

Dedicated and interested players. While we understand that real life comes first, it is also true, that a roleplaying game is a community project and other players might desperately wait for you to post. Therefore, we are looking for players, who are willing and able to post regularly. Activity requirement is posting at least once a week in each thread you have (unless you post an "away" notice - we understand about holidays, exams, etc.).

We are medium active (new posts every day, but not in every thread).

We don't expect you to be a history professor or anything, just to be willing to learn and to keep your character true to the historical circumstances.

[IMG]
    Yes, BEFORE THE MAST wants YOU!

PLOT|| CREW LIST|| FACE CLAIM|| NEWBIE GUIDE

It’s 1719 in the West Indies. War time, and pirates are also on the prowl. Sea fights, duels, plenty of swashbuckling adventures, intrigues of all kinds, mutiny, romance, betrayal – “Before the Mast” brings to live the Age of Sail like none before. Be ye a pirate, a naval officer, a slave or a lady, you will find a place aboard one of our four ships or live on a paradise island.

There is no Sparrow here, mate. Enjoy our gritty, realistic historical setting if you like learning about those times while getting immersed in weaving our original story.

Come live with us BEFORE THE MAST, sharpen your blades, load your guns, and drain that last sip of rhum!
  15. Offline

Simi Dude, stop Ash-blocking the Kenz!

Total Posts:
    • Awards
    OH ME GEE! It's this is like Christmas, too! We are about a month and a half old and we are really active. We're about to end our first rainbow crystal fight and hit our next one in about a week or so! We are a really active group that loves our plotting. :D We love to plot evilly to give our characters some torture. =D
    [IMG]

Long ago, in an age before history, in a time immemorial, reality was ruled over by a great and noble kingdom. This great Kingdom heralded an age known throughout the universe as the Crystal Millennium. A great and evil force rose up to destroy the magical kingdom. That force, lead by the evil Metallia, was only stopped by the intercession of the great Queen Serenity. She won the battle, but the cost was great and all of the Crystal Kingdom's heroes lay dead. Knowing that this evil would one day return, Queen Serenity sent the souls of these great heroes, as well as the souls of her twin children, far into the future where she knew they would one day be reawakened and fight to defend the planet from evil.

Nearly two thousand years later, those souls were reborn in the American city of Portland Oregon. This is their story.......

-------

If you enjoy a fast paced Alternate Universe Sailor Moon game, then Requiem of Moonlight is the place for you! We are always open to new players joining our game, so take a look at our site!

Requiem of Moonlight takes a different approach to the classic story of Sailor Moon. First and foremost, this site is rated MA or PG-17. Secondly, it encompasses a new take on the Sailor Moon storyline. Instead of star-crossed lovers, Serenity and Endymion are brother and sister. Their lives, while intertwined in fate, are that of siblings. Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask both possess pieces of the Imperial Crystal, and only working together can they harness its full strength. Once together, however, the Imperial Crystal has the power to make or break the universe.

The storyline is otherwise similar to the Manga. It takes place in present day, mostly in the city of Portland, and focuses very heavily on the Senshi as a whole. All are important to the overall story, and players are expected to carry their roles as major canon characters.

CANONS CURRENTLY OPEN

Sailor Pluto, Kunzite, Nephrite, Danbrite, Flourite
    We are also open to any non-canon Civilian characters!
    JOIN US AT
  16. Offline

Victor Hugo's Subtext the blood of angry men

• Novice Reviewer
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    Eastern Lands might be what you are looking for. We are a small but active historical low fantasy site with a low word count. We are a fandom, but no knowledge of the books are needed, a lot of our members haven't read them. We're really accepting of all sorts of characters, so you should come check us out!

[IMG]
    PLOT | RULES | CANON | CLAIMS | ADVERTISING

THE GLORY OF THE VICTORS

King Baird V has been on the throne a year, interested in wine, women and song more than running a kingdom. Tusaine, hoping to take advantage of Tortall's mismanagement stood in the early spring to take the Drell River Valley. After months of hard fighting in the mud, Tortall came out victorious with a daring midnight mission, being called The Great Gamble.

Victorious, Baird is holding magnificent parties in the palace to celebrate. The men that have returned are also being welcomed with warm arms and most expect many rushed weddings in the coming months.

As the winter months approach, the court hopes it can continue to celebrate, but with only an average harvest, troubles in the half burned city of Corus and Baird's growing indifference to his young wife, who knows how long the party will last?

TORTALL IS IN FOR SOME TURBULENT TIMES

Eastern Lands is an intermediate medieval roleplay dedicated to being a friendly and creative community. Set in Tamora Pierce's world of Tortall over a hundred years before The Song of the Lioness. Easy to integrate, we require no previous knowledge of the books. We're a small but dedicated community with a low word count.
  17. Offline

MacB Member

Total Posts:
    • Awards
    A little late, but if you're still looking, would you mind having a look at Taffy? We're new, only about a week old, but we're pretty active and I think you might like the game! We're a very friendly and approachable game, or so I like to think. We've got simple rules that aren't overly restricting. I like to give my members the freedom to play what they enjoy playing (within reason and the confines of the setting) and I'm pretty easy going in whatever you want to play.

The game is set in the realms of the Blood, a creation of Anne Bishop, but you don't need ANY prior knowledge of the fandom, we'd be happy to help you along with it. We have a comprehensive lexicon for all things confusing and I'm working on some more information guides on some other things to help new members. It's not a lot to read, and the reason I don't care if you're familiar with the world or not is because our plot and setting are vastly different from the books. It's a whole different direction, while maintaining the dark gritty (almost gothic) feel of the Realm. It's a dark fantasy game with a capital D, so we're not squeamish of mature topics (within reason as well, we do have a server with TOS to adhere to).

The game is designed to make RolePlay pretty equal, so while it's fantasy there are no huge chasms of power that will make it hard to carry a story. While we have a premise with an overarching plot, we love smaller, more personal plots and there is a lot of room for that. We are very member driven, and I do mean very.
    I love it when members give input into the game, so I'm a big fan of member run plots, giving the members what they want. As I said before, I want to give everyone the freedom to create, explore and build upon the foundation of my premise. So if you have a plot you want to do, I'd be happy to help you run it and get people involved in it!

I'll leave you with an advert, and hopefully you'll give us a quick look over. I swear we're pretty easy to get into and we're all happy to help you get your bearings in this brave not-so-new world! So if you have any questions, don't hesitate to prod me, on here or on the chat if I'm around (though the other members are good helpers too!)

When there is nothing to do but hope and pray to the Darkness, the Blood of the realms finds itself vulnerable and driven into corners by an enemy they can't touch. Society in Tereille is falling apart, the lands are suffering under the strain of fear and death and Darkness proves to be a cruel mistress. There is no reprieve in sight, the long-lived races are vanishing or have become the stuff of legends. Power is feared, not for it's abilities but for it's contagion.

Rot. It's a word that strikes fear in the heart of many. Rot has no cure, Rot shows no mercy and Rot makes no distinction. Rot doesn't care if you're good or bad. Rot just saps away your energy, your power and leaves you a husk of your former self before you die. It's a slow dath, undignified and not something one would wish upon their worst enemies.

~

Taphonomy is a very AU of Anne Bishop's Black Jewels universe. The playing ground is wide open for ideas and the wildest of character. The game has a large overarching plot line that provides a unique premise and interesting subplots for everyone who is interested in it.

We offer:
    • A friendly community.
    • Ruler positions available.
    • Unique premise and plot.
    • Fresh ideas and open-minded staff.
    • A variety of creative character.
    • Greater equality among characters.
    • Comprehensive information, making the game friendly to people unfamiliar with the fandom.

18. Offline

LOLABEE Wit beyond measure is man’s greatest treasure.

Total Posts:
    We've been around for a year and a half and have posting going on everyday - you don't need to worry about us going anywhere. ^^ Are activity requirements are only one in character post a month, but people usually post a lot more than that.
    [IMG]

Victorian England is a world full of hypocritical secrecy and repression. Objects or persons considered inappropriate or unconventional is politely yet firmly ostracized. Three years ago, the presence of wizarding families was discovered. The Muggles of London forced those who could wield magic to go into exile. They were not accepted at social functions, they were fired from their jobs, some were aggressively chased out of town.

Slowly, the fugitives began to filter into the village of Hogsmeade- located outside of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Houses were built and refurnished, business created and reestablished, and the wizarding families created a society of their own. Even in their openly magic society, the rules of etiquette are strictly observed. It is a society of secrecy, repression, and magic built on a tenuous foundation of shifting beliefs and hypocrisy that makes one wonder whether or not anyone can find their place.

Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set in the village of Hogsmeade and the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. We have upper, middle and lower class characters as well as a few non-humans including: Centaurs, Goblins, House-Elves, Merfolk, Ghosts and Vampires. Our storyline is constantly being developed by the players and characters.

To help inspire creativity and plotlines, there are at least two - if not more - voluntary monthly events going on at any period of time. We strive to be a mature, friendly and drama-free community that focuses on quality over quantity and having fun.
  19. Offline

applejacks425 Member

Total Posts:
    [IMG]

Welcome to the Tri Cities!

Here you'll find an array of wonderful things to do, and great schools for your children. When the rest of the economy is collapsing, our's is booming. Our industrial district brings in new jobs, and we can boast a thriving nightlife.

Yes, the Tri-Cities is a wonderful place.

Don't mind the occasional werewolf they are well behaved for the most part, and the vampires bring new innovative ideas to the business table. Not comfortable? most are respectful of signs on the doors not permitting them to enter.

With the rumors of some few people who are said to be able to raise the dead, and the Walla Walla Fae Reservation a mere 40 miles away, who can ask for a better tourist season?

No place on earth is safer or more exciting than the Tri-Cities!
  20. Offline

beyondthexsea starbomb mascot

Total Posts:
    • Awards
    Hello! I think D00MED may be write up your alley. c:

IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A VACATION.
    It's 2147 and you've just boarded the world's first space ship designed for public use. A cruise ship, but in space. Tickets sold fast, yet you made sure to get yours to be a part of history as you traveled for 2 years in outer space. It was enjoyable--the mall, the spas--the fun. But that all ended when your ship docked onto the UAC Mars Facility.
    Welcome to Mars City; a demon infested space base that has succumbed to Hell. And now, your ship is under attack by the same creatures. Can you survive and defend your ship long enough to go home? Or will you be doomed?
    ( ENTER )