1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Make Me Come Alive.

Discussion in 'Requests Archive' started by Time Lord Stalker, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Offline

Time Lord Stalker Allons-y!

Total Posts:
    Genre: Gothic & horror, fantasy, real life, Sailor Moon, Fushigi Yugi, X-Men. A few things really. No Twilight!
    Difficulty: Intermediate
    Types of Creatures: Vampires, witches, humans, mutants
    Preferred Rating: PG-13+
    Preferred Number of Members/Activity: Just starting is great, but I don't want a site where I'll get lost in the crowd
    Preferred Time where RPG is set in: present, future, maybe a little bit of historical

Other Notes: I've reached a time in my RP life where I've lost interest in so many things. After managing my own boards, it's time to kick back, relax and just join a site. The problem is that I'm restless and work crowds my schedule and I find myself losing that spark that drives me to RP. I need something new, something exciting and enticing.

My current loves are books and movies, so maybe House of Night or Vampire Chronicles would be awesome, but I also love me some Stargate. I'm not familiar with True Blood, so something in that aspect would just leave me lost, I'm afraid.
  2. Offline

Penrosita all the harry lloyd gifs.

Total Posts:
  3. Offline

Sephula Member

Total Posts:
    Haaaaaaaaaaave you met Deadlight?

It's not exactly new, but it's very inclusive of anyone who joins it, and we make sure to help new players find their footing very quickly. We have a freestyle and a structured app (you get to choose which one you'd rather use), and we're unlikely to be going anywhere anytime soon. We'd love to have you =).

It's very much a fantasy setting, but I'm not sure that word fits it completely. It's set in present day New York (for the most part), with a lot of praeternatural creatures, mythological influences, superpowered people, fables and the like. We have vampires, witches, werewolves, shapeshifters, banshees, elves, valkyries and the lot! We're open to just about any kind of praeternatural creature or mythological being, with the exception of gods <3. The board is super active and it carries a fairly dark themed, evolving story, which is the driving factor of the board, I feel. Buuut. For the most part, I think I'm going to let it speak for itself ^^.
    [IMG]
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
  4. Offline

Sully Thirty, Nerdy, and Fabulous

Total Posts:
    Do you like Supernatural (based off the TV show) RP's? I run Swan Song - an AU season 5 SPN RPG, Hang Em High - a Western SPN RP, and No Rest For The Wicked - a Zombieland/SPN crossover. All are at different stages of activity and they all have friendly members. Maybe you'll find a good fit with one of them. :) The links are in the sig. xD
  5. Offline

Cody Reed Member

Total Posts:
    Hey there, you can give Age of Kabal a look. We are a low fantasy rp forum that just recently re-opened, so our member count is really small at the moment, though that's never a bad thing.

[IMG]
    HOME-NEWBIE GUIDE- ADs

In the year A. 1340, the rebellion in Ingar reached full swing. The Karahsi have managed to push the Cyriolian presence out of Ingar. That was one year ago, and now Cyriol is moving it's troops out to reclaim what they believe is theirs. The Rebellion won’t go down so easily this time.

Meanwhile, in the highlands, the Four hordes has swallowed enough Clans to launch an attack of their own. Their goal, to take over Cyriol and claim the lowlands as their own. Not many know their true motives only that their threat is looming just passed the Vale.

To make matters worse for Cyriol, their king is dying. He's old, feeble, and is not long for this world. The crown prince will soon gain the throne, but will he lead Cyriol into a new age? Or doom it to fall into the cracks of time? And will the nobles let him succeed the throne? To many questions, not enough time.

War will soon break out, and the known world will be engulfed in pure chaos. Kabal, the god of war sits high on his throne, smiling, waiting for the bloodshed to ensue.

It is the year A. 1341, and this is the Age of Kabal.
  6. Offline

doctorbee Member

Total Posts:
    Pennsylvania (California at heart, always)
    Hey, might you be interested in something like Springwell Island?

We're new (about 2 weeks old), so you won't be getting lost in any crowd.

We are a small site. We have a limited number of canons and therefore don't ever have plans to be giant. We like to actually know everyone and have a friendly community of players. That being said, small by no means is equivalent to inactive. You can get multiple thread posts in daily. (BUT we do understand that you have a life, so if you have a day where non-RP life gets hectic and you just can't get to posting, we get it.)

I'll be around all evening if you want to stop by the cbox (I'm Bee and my co-admin is Phoenix). <3

Ad details:
    Genre: Mystery/crime/real life
    Difficulty: 300 word count (we aren't going to murder you if you break that sometimes though, as long as you continue to post with substance). 600 word app.
    Rating: Mature (2-2-2)
    Time: Modern

And of course... Plot:

Springwell is wooded island with a small town built along the southern shoreline. There is no evidence of who may have lived on the island.

Thirty-five individuals have become conscious in the morning of an early autumn day. Most are in homes, although a few find themselves already in the midst of some sort of job or task within the town. They come from all over the world, most with seemingly no connection to one another. They cannot remember how they came to be on the island. While they know who they are, patches of their past seem to have left their memories as well.

In the midst of the confusion, a body is discovered on the front porch of the post office. No one recognizes the victim, but her throat has been slit and she has obviously been murdered…

Springwell is an original locked-room (island) style mystery RP. We are currently accepting apps for canon characters (lots of flexibility, all open play-bys). Please check it out, ask any questions you have, and enjoy!
    [IMG]
  7. Offline

Victor Hugo's Subtext the blood of angry men

• Novice Reviewer
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    I don't know what you mean by 'a little bit of historical', but Eastern Lands might be what you are looking for. We are a small but active historical low fantasy site with a low word count. We are a fandom, but no knowledge of the books are needed, a lot of our members haven't read them. We're really accepting of all sorts of characters, so you should come check us out!

[IMG]
    CELEBRATING ONE YEAR
    PLOT | RULES | CANON | CLAIMS | ADVERTISING

IN THE ALL CONSUMING FLAME

Tortall stands on the precipice of change; on the eve of the royal barge party in mid July, the arsonist that has plagued the city plans his ultimate revenge against the city he had found to be corrupt. The city of Corus will burn, destroying everything in its path regardless of age, profession or social standing and will plunge the city into chaos.

As the city lies in ruins, the drums of war beat ever louder. The call has gone out, summoning all of Baird's warriors to their arms. Marching against their eastern neighbor in a pre-emptive strike, will Tortall be victorious or has the young, impulsive king bitten off more than he can chew?

TORTALL IS IN FOR SOME TURBULENT TIMES

Eastern Lands is an intermediate medieval roleplay dedicated to being a friendly and creative community. Set in Tamora Pierce's world of Tortall over a hundred years before The Song of the Lioness. Easy to integrate, we require no previous knowledge of the books. We're a small but dedicated community with a low word count.
  8. Offline

Dr. Edible Frankenstein It was this or Dr. Dino Frankenstein

Total Posts:
    Hi! We dont have vampires but we do have cannibals! So i can offer you a place with stress free posting and no word count, so you can post arpund your schedule and not have to worry about anyone nagging you. We definitely allow for action and most any plots you can think of. So stop in and say hi. If you like sci-fi, then youll love This Ring of fire. WWW.trof.b1.jcink.com
  9. Offline

AJ! "I AM a f'ing trigger warning"~shelurks~

Total Posts:
    • Awards
    Greetings and Salutations!

I am a Admin (Bona Dea) for Modern Fates; Cedarbrooke is a fictional town based on a real life town I grew up near and currently live by, so many of the places and pictures are real. We are Real Life setting with a fantasy/supernatural twist to it. Semi Original new board (Open over five months and we have developed a nice little community of players under the count of twenty-five so far); eager for new players, welcoming to all sexualities. Species range from Human/Gifted Human/Witches/Fae Lineage/MerFolk/Demons and Skinwalkers. Mature site; very open and approachable. I hate censors so I do not censor myself and I would not expect anyone else to censor themselves unless it is a taboo subject. We do have a word count, but it is low and we are not going to be completely stern about it. (But if you can post over it, we'll love you forever...or at least I will) We also offer a new forum for pending characters to RP in in case they can not get a feel for their character, this helps with their character creation process. We just got a new layout and moved from Invisionfree to Jcink for a better custom experience so please give us a look over! <3

10. Offline

Gossamer ........I've got nothing

Total Posts:
    Perhaps Marked would be of interest to you? We're an original modern fantasy that has an active and friendly community and a ton of room for creativity. We have no word count and a pg-13/R rating. You can play as one of the Marked (humans with powers), regular humans, or choose from a bunch of player-created fantasy races.

Come and check us out!
    [IMG]
    A modern fantasy roleplay.

Marked is a moderate/advanced modern fantasy roleplay; a place for
    writers to gather and spin tales of adventure, coming of age, romance,
    betrayal, lost artifacts, special powers, and mysterious creatures all in
    the secret world of the modern day.

The history was lost and the strangeness of the world forgotten. But now,
    for the first time in centuries the Marked are reawakening. They are
    known only by the tattoos upon their skin and the strange gifts they
    possess. They are all that stands between the world and the oncoming
    darkness. Drawn by some unknown power, perhaps fate, they are
    gathering. And where the Marked are, the hidden creatures of lore and
    legend are sure to follow.

AND THEY WERE MARKED
    Plot | Rules | Races | New Player's Guide | Wiki

11. Offline

Epa Kiss Kiss

Total Posts:
    Perhaps Nexus Point's RPGs might fit your needs. We've been open about a month and people are mostly in the making stage. Check us out!

[IMG]
  12. Offline

Miasma Member

Total Posts:
    • Awards
    How would you feel about some dark fantasy? How about a board set in the world of Dragon Age but with no canon characters? We are active, fun and friendly!

[IMG]

13. Offline

The Codpiece Member

Total Posts:
    We're larger, but very welcoming to newcomers. Check us out and see what you think! :D
    Aeterna Roma – Eternal Rome

[IMG]

Welcome to Rome, the Eternal city. In a place where the streets are running thick with wine, blood, scandal, ambition, and lust, events happen so quickly that rising to power one day and falling the next is expected. Sweet words, honeyed speeches, and purses of money might milk your way to the top, but one wrong move and it's all over. This is a place where one forges alliances to survive and where enemies can seem as friends until they stab your back. A place where lust and wine are entwined so quickly that marriages are made and dissolved in months. A place where the new young Caesar fights his own Senate for power while trying to find those he can trust.

Welcome to Rome, the Eternal City.

Where will you go in such a place as this?

List of Features

Premium cbox, paid hosting with no ads!
    Active & friendly OOC and IC community
    Plenty of adoptables and canons available for play.
    Allows and encourages original characters
    Welcoming for those who have extensive knowledge about Ancient Rome or those who just want to have some fun online.

Rules | F.A.Q | Canons/Adoptables | Joining App | Ads/Affs

Aeterna Roma – Eternal Rome
  14. Online

Felix Interactive Literaturist

• Community Devoted
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    You need to come to Denver!

We are three months old, bright happy posterzing people and former winner of the FOTF!

As long as you post AT LEAST once a week, that's fine with us! Just let people know! (It's on our application and we have a couple of people who do this, so you won't be the only one!)

I have a characters wanted thread open if you want to take a peek HERE.

[hr]

[IMG]

The central premise of Being Human is that various types of supernatural beings exist alongside humans, with varying degrees of menace.

Some of these supernatural beings are opting to live among humans rather than apart from them, trying to blend in rather than live with their own kind while attempting (as much as is possible) to live ordinary human lives despite the pressures and dangers of their situations.

They are constantly threatened with exposure or persecution, with pressure from other supernatural creatures, and with problems caused by their attempts to deal with their own natures while "Being Human."

Our stories are set in Denver, a large city that is the hub of trade between the East and West coasts, nested between the mountains and the desert. A perfect setting for those stuck between longing to be 'normal' and knowing it will never be true.

Humans, both gifted and not, Vampires, Ghosts, and Werewolves live, if you can call it that, in this bustling city.

Will you rebel against your role, your very nature? Or fall prey to it?

~Newbie Guide~~[IMG] ~Advertising~
  15. Online

Elenitsa a seadog looking for new crewmates

• 'D Contributor
    • Community Devoted
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    If you like a historical site, you would fit well “Before the Mast”. I am offering you the real life of the Age of Sail, with plenty of swashbuckling adventures. The site goes strong since August 2010, so it’s bound to stay around…

You may choose any playby you want, and character opportunities abound: we have 4 ships of various allegiances to crew and islands belonging to the French and British crown to populate. Mostly adult characters, teenagers do exist, but they are rare. Men aboard any ship are strongly recommended as first characters.

For those who are fans of secrets, we have these too; almost nobody is what they seem to be: the tavern owners and barmaids are spying for the pirates, the French governor is involved in shady deals with the pirates, the youngest British Navy sailor is a girl in disguise, the now allies have a blood feud between them, the new privateer captain has killed the previous one in a mutiny…

What we offer:

- A friendly writing community, without OOC drama or cliques, with friendly and dedicated staff, in a game which has won RPG-D and RPG-U Forum of the Fortnight/ respectively Month awards.

- An original real life site within a historical setting, without magic/ special powers.

- a semi-advanced to advanced site, with help for the newbies provided. Word count is of one paragraph, not diffficult to achieve, given that not everybody has English as mother tongue, but there are enough people who post 400 words or more (without any requirement of matching posts).

- The site is rated PG-13 (L2-S2-V2), so it is not really limiting. In the spirit of those years, mature temes such as sex, violence, abuse exist, without explicit scenes (fade to black required).

- A wild variety of plots and subplots where everybody can find something to his or her liking

- Special community events and a monthly newsletter focusing on plots, characters and players.

- Help with character applications and quick approval

- Extensive information regarding the historical facts – no more torturing the poor Google on your own!

What we are looking for:

Dedicated and interested players. While we understand that real life comes first, it is also true, that a roleplaying game is a community project and other players might desperately wait for you to post. Therefore, we are looking for players, who are willing and able to post regularly. Activity requirement is posting at least once a week in each thread you have (unless you post an "away" notice - we understand about holidays, exams, etc.).

We are medium active (new posts every day, but not in every thread).

We don't expect you to be a history professor or anything, just to be willing to learn and to keep your character true to the historical circumstances.

[IMG]
    Yes, BEFORE THE MAST wants YOU!

PLOT|| CREW LIST|| FACE CLAIM|| NEWBIE GUIDE

It’s 1719 in the West Indies. War time, and pirates are also on the prowl. Sea fights, duels, plenty of swashbuckling adventures, intrigues of all kinds, mutiny, romance, betrayal – “Before the Mast” brings to live the Age of Sail like none before. Be ye a pirate, a naval officer, a slave or a lady, you will find a place aboard one of our four ships or live on a paradise island.

There is no Sparrow here, mate. Enjoy our gritty, realistic historical setting if you like learning about those times while getting immersed in weaving our original story.

Come live with us BEFORE THE MAST, sharpen your blades, load your guns, and drain that last sip of rhum!
  16. Offline

Hiccup Haddock. the heart of a guardian & the soul of a dragon

• Community Challenger
    • Community Devoted
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    Would you be interested in freeform multi-genre? Visionary Tales is a haven for all roleplayers, a place where appreciators of all genres can kick back and relax. I'll admit we're a large community, having been around for over 3 years, but you won't get lost in the crowd, that I can promise. We let our members do everything at their own place. Significantly, we have no stringent activity requirements; we understand that life gets busy, and our members can check in as often or rarely as suits them. VT is a place where you can push the limits of your imagination, delve into new and exciting plots and develop your characters endlessly. It's heaps of fun; I think you should give it a try! Feel free to check it out:

EXPERIENCE MULTI-GENRE ROLEPLAYING
    [IMG]

Visionary Tales is a roleplaying community composed of intelligent, quick-minded, mature, and kind individuals.

Visionary Tales is welcome to anyone and everyone with an open mind, with a desire for roleplaying and writing, and even to lurkers. Maybe you've retired roleplaying for now, but want to surround yourself with like minded individuals. Have a plot or character that needs a run? Perhaps you as a roleplayer are searching for a bit of the interwebs to call home. Visionary Tales is an environment, a haven, where we want every member to feel welcome, to feel they serve an important function and service to this active roleplaying community.

No auditions. No elitism. No discrimination. No douchebaggery. We welcome roleplayers of every experience level, every genre-appreciator, from all walks of life.

Open minded, clever, encouraging, welcoming, and friendly. We want YOU.
    http://visionary-tales.com
    We’re better than missionaries. We’re Visionaries.

VISIONARY TALES
    [sup]douchebags need not apply...[/sup]
  17. Offline

Danger_Mouse Member

Total Posts:
    We are a small fictional town set in Tennessee. We only opened on Friday, so we are fresh, new and vibrant. I have been like you, lacking in muse because of work or a busy schedule. However, at Millrow, we are quite laid back, we do not bring out the whip and force you to reply, we have a quite relaxed atmosphere. To be honest me and the other admins were talking and we found this mass surge of muse when we are on the site. So come and check us out, we might be able to reignite your spark : )
    [hr]
    [align=center]kids up on the stairway,
    couples on the sidewalk squares.
    if i get to your heart soon i'll call a perfect afternoon.

[IMG]
    • welcome to millrow, tennessee. it is a small town,

• pretty much located in the middle of nowhere.
      at least a three hour drive from any major city,
      millrow is more of a local place. not many
      tourists visit, unless they take a few wrong
      turns. no one comes here on purpose. it is not
      a bad town, exactly; and it is not some farming
      town either. it is just in the middle of nowhere.
      the town is mostly middle class, a few richer
      families a few poorer but, for the most part,
      millow is a middle class town. the town is not
      big enough to have a decent sized mall. however,
      due to millrow's small size, everyone seems to know
      everyone and their business. meaning everyone knows
      everything - the past, all the mistakes you make, all
      the bad you've done, all the good, all the accomplishments.
      as well as the current and present mistakes
      you are making.
    index; secret list; face claim
    [/align]
  18. Offline

gargoylegas Member

Total Posts:
    May I recommend the horror-themed Miskatonic University?

We borrow a lot of the settings, theme and characters from H.P. Lovecraft's own works. Luckily, a lot of them take place in Miskatonic University. A poor cousin to classier outfits like Harvard and Yale, maybe. But what these Ivy League heavyhitters don't have is a student body peppered with moonlighting occultists, half-breeds, necromancers and mad scientists.

We've very new, but I'd say we're off to a good and active start. If you're into campy Lovecraftian horror, then we're a snug fit for you. We're pretty flexible too plot-wise, if you want to create a new character with a unique angle to them. We don't have an enforced wordcount, but it's an Intermediate-level board.

Thank you for considering us, and good luck with your search!
  19. Offline

Kitty5roses Member

Total Posts:
    • Awards
    [IMG]
    Forever Night is an RPG set in Anne Bishop's Realms of the Blood, from her Black Jewels Trilogy novels. The realms are home to a race of people known as the Blood. Who possess magical ability and live in a matriarchal society, where women rule and the males protect. A world of powerful queens and savage Warlord Princes, proud centaurs and the deadly and private elven race, the Dea Al Mon. A world full of mystery and intrigue, Romance and adventure.

Enter the Realms at Forever Night.
    • FN is a community open to everyone, we accept all players from beginners to advanced. We offer a mentor program for those just starting out in RP or in the Realms or who just want some advice on their role playing.
    • We have a quick application system to have you playing in no time! No lengthy word counts!
    • Transfer characters are welcome! So dust off that old favorite and head on over.
    • Our staff are friendly and active and always happy to help with any query.
    • We have heaps of great plots running with plenty of openings for new characters, Want to start your own plot? No worries, we have many territories still to be claimed!
    • Join our Facebook community to keep track of interesting threads and all board news. Its easy as clicking LIKE!
    Forever Night
    Where the fate of the Blood is in your hands.

[Beginners Guide][Advertising]
    [IMG]

20. Offline

Razzle Dazzle Rose Run Like the River

Total Posts:
    Hi Mel, I have Sailor Moon for you! Moonlight Destiny is set after Stars with an original plot. We're rated PG-13, all levels of RP, but in general intermediate. We're an established site, but we have a welcoming community and we love new members and we aren't big enough for people to get lost in the crowd. We have all the canon characters and some big ones are available right now including Jupiter and Saturn, but we also accept and encourage originals (Senshi, heroes, and civilians for first characters).

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to let me know!

They thought their battles were over…
    They were wrong.

Every star is a small miracle.
    We won't lose, towards tomorrow give a Sailor Cheer

[IMG]

Senshi, Heroes, and Villains have gathered on Earth to battle Chaos,
    but a new enemy arises.

When the Chibi Senshi defeated Chaos, the resulting shockwave spread throughout the entire galaxy and with it came a vision of what they had done. All over the galaxy people who had known Chaos rejoiced. Their names spread throughout the universe, until the word was spread, on a small planet called Earth a group of girls had defeated Chaos. People across the universe blessed the Chibi Senshi for freeing them from evil.

In the Astra-Caelo System, the news was met with something else. The Queen of what is only called the Court had called a crusade against Sailor Senshi and Heroes. When she heard of this victory she was angered, she had purged her system of anyone who drew power from their Star Seed, but there were dozens more on this insignificant planet she had never even heard the name of.

She called her children together, the Princes and Princesses of the Red and Black Courts. She informed them of this development and told them their mission. The Prince who could conquer this planet and bring her the Henshin items of its Senshi would inherit the throne.

The Court has come to Earth and this time it isn’t just Sailor Moon they’re after. Their enemy is any Senshi, any Hero, any Villain and they will do anything to capture them.

The Court has sworn vengeance on anyone who draws their power from the Star Seeds. However their past will soon come back to haunt them. The Henshin items from the murdered Senshi in their system have come back to life and they are choosing new Guardians to wield their power.

The Sol and Starlight Senshi and Chibis will have to work with the strange Senshi and Heroes, maybe even their enemies to protect their Star Seeds, their lives, and their worlds, because the Court will stop at nothing to destroy every Senshi and Hero in the universe.

The Guardians are gathering.
    Are you ready to discover your Moonlight Destiny?

Moonlight Destiny-A Sailor Moon RP

Screw knights in shining armor. We have pink pirates and criminals.

~Home of the original Chibi Senshi
    ~We welcome all levels of RPers.
    ~Original Sailor Soldiers, heroes, and villains are welcome.

Home~Rules~Plot~Canons~Character Guide