1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking Looking

Discussion in 'Requests Archive' started by badwolf, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Offline

badwolf New Member

Total Posts:
    Genre: boarding school/historical/fantasy/based on books/films/tv shows
    Difficulty: well, considering that english is not my native language and I've never tried my hand at english rpg's, I'd go with something easier and uncomplicated
    Type of Creatures: anything but animals/manga stuff
    Preferred Rating: any
    Preferred Number of Members/Activity: I don't really care, I just want it to be active.
    Preferred Time where RPG is set in: past, future, presence

Other Notes:

This will be my first attemp at role playing in english, so I must ask for patience and tolerance towards minor (I hope!) grammar mistakes and general confusion.
    I'm basically looking for a nice place full of friendly members that are willing to possibly help me etc.
  2. Offline

Adell The Androgynous Anonymous Hatter

Total Posts:
    English isn't my first language as well so I know the feeling! Perhaps you might find friends at Mudblood?

Mudblood is a Post-Canon Harry Potter RP set in the Year 2117 where the lines between the Muggle and the Magical worlds are being blurred. Now that Muggles know the secret, they are doing everything to be at par with magic. With a cold war going on, what will light the fuse and make everything come crashing down?

[IMG]

PLOT | STARTER GUIDE | RULES | SPECIAL FEATURES
    SPELL CRAFT | ADVANCEMENT | MAGICAL ITEMS | FAMILIARS
  3. Offline

Felix Mr. Inconsistent

• Community Devoted
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    You need to come to Denver!

We are four months, bright happy posterzing people and former winner of the FOTF! We have another ESL person on the boards and one of my fave writing partners is from Stockholm!

Easy going and relaxed, our board is more than just a board, it's a community. I do hope you come and check us out. :D

[hr]

[IMG]

The central premise of Being Human is that various types of supernatural beings exist alongside humans, with varying degrees of menace.

Some of these supernatural beings are opting to live among humans rather than apart from them, trying to blend in rather than live with their own kind while attempting (as much as is possible) to live ordinary human lives despite the pressures and dangers of their situations.

They are constantly threatened with exposure or persecution, with pressure from other supernatural creatures, and with problems caused by their attempts to deal with their own natures while "Being Human."

Our stories are set in Denver, a large city that is the hub of trade between the East and West coasts, nested between the mountains and the desert. A perfect setting for those stuck between longing to be 'normal' and knowing it will never be true.

Humans, both gifted and not, Vampires, Ghosts, and Werewolves live, if you can call it that, in this bustling city.

Will you rebel against your role, your very nature? Or fall prey to it?

~Newbie Guide~~[IMG] ~Advertising~
  4. Offline

LOLABEE Wit beyond measure is man’s greatest treasure.

Total Posts:
    We have several non-native english speakers and they have a blast! :]
    [IMG]

Victorian England is a world full of hypocritical secrecy and repression. Objects or persons considered inappropriate or unconventional is politely yet firmly ostracized. Three years ago, the presence of wizarding families was discovered. The Muggles of London forced those who could wield magic to go into exile. They were not accepted at social functions, they were fired from their jobs, some were aggressively chased out of town.

Slowly, the fugitives began to filter into the village of Hogsmeade- located outside of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Houses were built and refurnished, business created and reestablished, and the wizarding families created a society of their own. Even in their openly magic society, the rules of etiquette are strictly observed. It is a society of secrecy, repression, and magic built on a tenuous foundation of shifting beliefs and hypocrisy that makes one wonder whether or not anyone can find their place.

Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set in the village of Hogsmeade and the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. We have upper, middle and lower class characters as well as a few non-humans including: Centaurs, Goblins, House-Elves, Merfolk, Ghosts and Vampires. Our storyline is constantly being developed by the players and characters.

To help inspire creativity and plotlines, there are at least two - if not more - voluntary monthly events going on at any period of time. We strive to be a mature, friendly and drama-free community that focuses on quality over quantity and having fun.
  5. Offline

Kitty5roses Member

Total Posts:
    • Awards
    [IMG]
    Forever Night is an RPG set in Anne Bishop's Realms of the Blood, from her Black Jewels Trilogy novels. The realms are home to a race of people known as the Blood. Who possess magical ability and live in a matriarchal society, where women rule and the males protect. A world of powerful queens and savage Warlord Princes, proud centaurs and the deadly and private elven race, the Dea Al Mon. A world full of mystery and intrigue, Romance and adventure.

Enter the Realms at Forever Night.
    • FN is a community open to everyone, we accept all players from beginners to advanced. We offer a mentor program for those just starting out in RP or in the Realms or who just want some advice on their role playing.
    • We have a quick application system to have you playing in no time! No lengthy word counts!
    • Transfer characters are welcome! So dust off that old favorite and head on over.
    • Our staff are friendly and active and always happy to help with any query.
    • We have heaps of great plots running with plenty of openings for new characters, Want to start your own plot? No worries, we have many territories still to be claimed!
    • Join our Facebook community to keep track of interesting threads and all board news. Its easy as clicking LIKE!
    Forever Night
    Where the fate of the Blood is in your hands.

[Beginners Guide][Advertising]
    [IMG]

6. Offline

Hiccup Haddock. "you're pouting, big baby boooo"

• Community Challenger
    • Community Devoted
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    Easy and uncomplicated? Visionary Tales might work wonders for you! We're a very active site that is open to roleplayers of all experience levels, so if you've never roleplayed in English before - no problem! Even better, we do not have a word count or application of any kind; all you have to do is register and join in straight away. We try to be really friendly and helpful wherever possible. Best of all, we are multi-genre, so you can play all of those genres you've listed, and more! Take a look. :D

EXPERIENCE MULTI-GENRE ROLEPLAYING
    [IMG]

Visionary Tales is a roleplaying community composed of intelligent, quick-minded, mature, and kind individuals.

Visionary Tales is welcome to anyone and everyone with an open mind, with a desire for roleplaying and writing, and even to lurkers. Maybe you've retired roleplaying for now, but want to surround yourself with like minded individuals. Have a plot or character that needs a run? Perhaps you as a roleplayer are searching for a bit of the interwebs to call home. Visionary Tales is an environment, a haven, where we want every member to feel welcome, to feel they serve an important function and service to this active roleplaying community.

No auditions. No elitism. No discrimination. No douchebaggery. We welcome roleplayers of every experience level, every genre-appreciator, from all walks of life.

Open minded, clever, encouraging, welcoming, and friendly. We want YOU.
    http://visionary-tales.com
    We’re better than missionaries. We’re Visionaries.

VISIONARY TALES
    [sup]douchebags need not apply...[/sup]
  7. Offline

MacB Member

Total Posts:
    • Awards
    Based on books, easy and friendly, uncomplicated and an admin who also speaks English as a second language and some assorted members with a language barrier (including but not limited to an Australian... ;) ). Taphonomy may just be what you're looking for. We're very friendly, very patient and we'd love to help you get on your feet in writing in English.

Taffy (as I lovingly call it) is a dark fantasy game set in the Realms of the Blood created by Anne Bishop. They're a book series, but if you haven't read any of them, fear not. All the information you need to play is available on the site and we'd love to help you out and get a feel for the world. Any questions, any time, just shoot and you'll get an answer after I figure out what it is.

I'd love for you to have a look around and see what you think. If you have any comments or questions, anything at all, feel free to ask in our guest friendly chat!

I'm leaving you with an advertisement with some more information on the story line and links to thins you might like to look at.

When there is nothing to do but hope and pray to the Darkness, the Blood of the realms finds itself vulnerable and driven into corners by an enemy they can't touch. Society in Tereille is falling apart, the lands are suffering under the strain of fear and death and Darkness proves to be a cruel mistress. There is no reprieve in sight, the long-lived races are vanishing or have become the stuff of legends. Power is feared, not for it's abilities but for it's contagion.

Rot. It's a word that strikes fear in the heart of many. Rot has no cure, Rot shows no mercy and Rot makes no distinction. Rot doesn't care if you're good or bad. Rot just saps away your energy, your power and leaves you a husk of your former self before you die. It's a slow dath, undignified and not something one would wish upon their worst enemies.

~

Taphonomy is a very AU of Anne Bishop's Black Jewels universe. The playing ground is wide open for ideas and the wildest of character. The game has a large overarching plot line that provides a unique premise and interesting subplots for everyone who is interested in it.

We offer:
    • A friendly community.
    • Ruler positions available.
    • Unique premise and plot.
    • Fresh ideas and open-minded staff.
    • A variety of creative character.
    • Greater equality among characters.
    • Comprehensive information, making the game friendly to people unfamiliar with the fandom.

8. Online

Elenitsa a seadog looking for new crewmates

• 'D Contributor
    • Community Devoted
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    Dzien dobry, pany! <3 If you like a historical site, I am offering you the real life of the Age of Sail, with plenty of swashbuckling adventures. The site goes strong since August 2010, so it’s bound to stay around!

You may choose any playby you want, and character opportunities abound: we have 4 ships of various allegiances to crew and islands belonging to the French and British crown to populate. Mostly adult characters, teenagers do exist, but they are rare. Men aboard any ship are strongly recommended as first characters.

For those who are fans of secrets, we have these too; almost nobody is what they seem to be: the tavern owners and barmaids are spying for the pirates, the French governor is involved in shady deals with the pirates, the youngest British Navy sailor is a girl in disguise, the now allies have a blood feud between them, the new privateer captain has killed the previous one in a mutiny…

What we offer:

- A friendly writing community, without OOC drama or cliques, with friendly and dedicated staff, in a game which has won RPG-D and RPG-U Forum of the Fortnight/ respectively Month awards.

- An original real life site within a historical setting, without magic/ special powers.

- a semi-advanced to advanced site, with help for the newbies provided. Word count is of one paragraph, not difficult to achieve, given that not everybody has English as mother tongue. About 1/3 of the members are from various European countries...

- The site is rated PG-13 (L2-S2-V2), so it is not really limiting. In the spirit of those years, mature temes such as sex, violence, abuse exist, without explicit scenes (fade to black required).

- A wild variety of plots and subplots where everybody can find something to his or her liking

- Special community events and a monthly newsletter focusing on plots, characters and players.

- Help with character applications and quick approval

- Extensive information regarding the historical facts - no more torturing the poor Google on your own!

What we are looking for:

Dedicated and interested players. While we understand that real life comes first, it is also true, that a roleplaying game is a community project and other players might desperately wait for you to post. Therefore, we are looking for players, who are willing and able to post regularly. Activity requirement is posting at least once a week in each thread you have (unless you post an "away" notice - we understand about holidays, exams, etc.).

We are medium active (new posts every day, but not in every thread).

We don't expect you to be a history professor or anything, just to be willing to learn and to keep your character true to the historical circumstances.

[IMG]

Yes, BEFORE THE MAST wants YOU!

PLOT|| CREW LIST|| FACE CLAIM|| NEWBIE GUIDE

It’s 1719 in the West Indies. War time, and pirates are also on the prowl. Sea fights, duels, plenty of swashbuckling adventures, intrigues of all kinds, mutiny, romance, betrayal - “Before the Mast” brings to live the Age of Sail like none before. Be ye a pirate, a naval officer, a slave or a lady, you will find a place aboard one of our four ships or live on a paradise island.

There is no Sparrow here, mate. Enjoy our gritty, realistic historical setting if you like learning about those times while getting immersed in weaving our original story.

Come live with us BEFORE THE MAST, sharpen your blades, load your guns, and drain that last sip of rhum!
  9. Offline

Edible Alien The Deosexual Troll of the D

Total Posts:
    Poland!! Well, we don't have anyone else on the site from Poland, but we do have a German who would love to have someone else in her own timezone XD this ring of fire is a very relaxed place though. We have no word count, and we all just write to have fun. I've rp'd in a second language before though (German) so I know how hard it can be. Especially when you're tired, one or two lines is a lot XD. So I can guarantee you'll be met with patience and even help if you're unsure of anything. Everyone's very friendly.

[align=center][IMG]
    no word count, freestyle app, six months strong, original real life/sci-fi
    "Humans are the cockroaches of the universe...."[/align]

• Based off the Hollow Earth Conspiracy Theory, This Ring of Fire is an original real life roleplay set in the year 2117. Explore Roswell, New Mexico in an environment where survival is your only goal and the threats include cannibals, disease, famine, oppressive military, serial killers, gangs, rebellions, and even body snatchers from outer space...

[align=center]PORTAL | WANTED ADS | INFORMATION | ADVERTISE[/align]
  10. Offline

The Codpiece Member

Total Posts:
    Maybe give AeRo a look over? :D
    Aeterna Roma – Eternal Rome

[IMG]

Welcome to Rome, the Eternal city. In a place where the streets are running thick with wine, blood, scandal, ambition, and lust, events happen so quickly that rising to power one day and falling the next is expected. Sweet words, honeyed speeches, and purses of money might milk your way to the top, but one wrong move and it's all over. This is a place where one forges alliances to survive and where enemies can seem as friends until they stab your back. A place where lust and wine are entwined so quickly that marriages are made and dissolved in months. A place where the new young Caesar fights his own Senate for power while trying to find those he can trust.

Welcome to Rome, the Eternal City.

Where will you go in such a place as this?

List of Features

Premium cbox, paid hosting with no ads!
    Active & friendly OOC and IC community
    Plenty of adoptables and canons available for play.
    Allows and encourages original characters
    Welcoming for those who have extensive knowledge about Ancient Rome or those who just want to have some fun online.

Rules | F.A.Q | Canons/Adoptables | Joining App | Ads/Affs

Aeterna Roma – Eternal Rome
  11. Offline

JehanneLaPucelle Member

Total Posts:
    Welcome To The Lands Of Flame!

[IMG]

On a once-broken world, there is a land where all of time and space collides. Kingdoms clash and make treaties as they vie for power. Friendships are made and broken. Love is found and lost, while lust serves as a motivation for any willing to give into it. Dragons and phoenixes and creatures of all kinds roam the land and skies. Lives both simple and grand exist side-by-side, though they may never cross. Pirates prowl the seas while rebels gather on the shore. All set upon a stage of power and magic, things which soak the very air.

When you yourself fall down the rabbit hole, what will you do with your second chance?

Rules | FAQ | Forums

Note from Meems:

Hi there! :) I don't think the language concern should be an issue. We're all friendly and willing to help new people. Feel free to ask us any questions you may have. :)

Now, onto LOF itself:

The Lands Of Flame is an original fantasy set in à futuristic Earth which ressembles the middle ages in political and societal structure. All types of characters are welcome. There is a 300 word requirement per post. We have a low member count and activity can go up and down, but we have fun building our world and exploring it together. Why don't you come check us out? I'm Meems in the site. Feel free to find me in the cbox if you have questions or ask our admins, Oxy and Kalma.

Thank you for considering LOF and I hope to see you around the site! Good luck and happy hunting!

Meems
  12. Offline

Fluff I'm a redhead, a blond, a cat, a dragon

• Novice Reviewer
    • 'D Contributor
    • Community Devoted
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    I'm a non-native English speaker myself and so is half our staff ;)

We are a historical RPG based in England's Restoration (1676 under the Merry King), and going strong since 2006. One of the things that sets apart our RPG is that we are a moderated game, meaning that our setting is alive and breathing, reacting to actions of PCs, our NCPs having their own lives, random things happening. If you have ever played table top D&D this comes very close to it.
    [IMG]

Be a cavalier in the decadent Baroque court of Merry King Charles II of England in 1676. In London just beneath the surface raw ambition works a rare frenzy in the ongoing struggle for royal favour, wealth and success. Virtue has given way to libertine licentiousness. Religious intolerance is the rule, while arts and science are shaped for centuries to come. Will the new German Queen be able to restore propriety in a society that has lost its morals? Will the freedom loving Protestant Parliament triumph over the absolute Charles Rex? Or will the secret Jesuit Order convince the King to convert?

13. Offline

elle monster "Nice is an understatement, I look fabulous!"

Total Posts:
    I think you need to check out Even In Death! We're a relatively new, really awesome post potter forum. We've got a friendly member base, amazing staff, a unique plot and we totally understand that the English language can be a total beast sometimes. So come and at least drop by the cbox to say hello! We'd love to hear from you.
    [IMG]
    PLOTCANONSJOINFACE CLAIMWANTEDADVERTISE
  14. Offline

RMWKaya Member

Total Posts:
    Hi Sophie! Rainbow Mists Weyr is a book-based fantasy site whose guiding principle is an openness to everyone. We have larger site wide plots going on all the time and your character can chose to be involved in them as you're comfortable with. Be in the midst of things or onlooking hoping for the best. Personally, I've worked with new RPers and people who are working to improve their English writing so I'd be happy to help and write with you, of course.

[IMG]

~ Home ~ Join ~ Dragon Colors ~ Guest Area ~ Advertise ~

[IMG]

Recent Happenings:
    ~A wandering band lead by a silver tongued liar narrowly escapes capture by the Weyr. Two dead men are found hastily buried in the jungle. Investigations are tentative. No one wants to be bitten by the hidden snake. A newly revealed plot with broad influence and major site-wide implications!

~Ice Stone Weyr and the North have their own troubles with the Silverlight conflict. Now a weyrling has been kidnapped, and if he isn't found it will cost the North not only two lives but also their peace.

~LifeWings and their Riders strive to find their own place in the Weyr. Can the groups find peace in their partnership or will a culture clash break loose?

What We Offer:
    ~Over seven years as a role playing community
    ~Expanded and improved non-canon atmosphere
    ~Two major settings: Rainbow Mists Weyr and Ice Stone Weyr
    ~Variety of open characters and colorful dragons
    ~Experienced, mature, and approachable staff

Thank you for considering Rainbow Mists Weyr. My name is Kaya and I’ve been running this Weyr since its beginning in 2004. When I started Rainbow Mists Weyr my founding motto was “Our doors are always open”. We welcome role players of all backgrounds, ages and experience. If you want to be a member of our role playing family you already are! Come get to know us, as writers and friends. I promise you’ll enjoy it.
    With sincerity and joy,

[IMG]

~Sr. Weyrwoman Kaya

[IMG]
  15. Offline

Chele Writer:odd being that transforms caffeine to books

• 'D Contributor
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    Hey Badwolf!
    I think you'd be an awesome addition to Interitus. We have a couple of members who's native tongue isn't English, so I am sure they can help in how to settle in, and out English speaking members are also incredibly friendly, so wouldn't mind helping out whenever you need it! (I'm also around most of the time, so please give me a shout if you have any question.)

We are a Sci-Fi site with no word count. We're very focussed on having fun, on enjoying what we're doing, so even if you don't want to join, make sure to give us a shout.
    [IMG]
    They came, they conquered, and we are slaves to the ruin.

They gave us two choices:
    Servitude or Death.

There is actually another choice
    that they didn't think anyone would choose...

Fight like Hell!

INTERITUS

Home | Plot | Rules | Sign Up | New Member Guide
  16. Offline

roger349 Roger349 = Roger Rabbit =

Total Posts:
    Hey there, badwolf! You should check out HOGWARTSREVOLUTION.COM, if you're into Harry Potter! We are a post Harry Potter RPG set in term 2000-2001, two years after the Battle of Hogwarts. Our RPG really hits home when it comes to capturing the magic, and the true essence of the Harry Potter series, because we stay dedicated to the history of the books! You can create exciting plots and relationships with several diverse, quirky and believable characters while enjoying magnificent graphics that really allow you to feel immersed in Harry Potter's world! We hope you enjoy taking a look around!

[IMG]

ϟ PORTAL ϟ INDEX ϟ RULES ϟ GUIDE ϟ ADVERTISE ϟ
  17. Online

Firelord Kesra Now with Nipple Tassles

Total Posts:
    • Awards
    [IMG]
    There is no Emotion; There is Peace
    But we are not automatons
    There is no Ignorance; There is knowledge
    And being stupid will get you killed
    There is no Passion; There is Serenity
    But remember who you're fighting for
    There is no Death; there is the Force
    And Corellian whiskey. There is always Corellian whiskey

It's been a year after the war of Coruscant and it's still too hard to say if anyone really won. The Jedi and the Sith took heavy losses and the Jedi find themselves without a place to come home. We'll take them though. We were the ones to decline their call to war. We are the watchers of our sector. We are notoriously contrary and bent on going our own way.

We are the Corellian Jedi. We are your only hope.

PLOT||SETTING||RULES||ADVERTISING
  18. Offline

Victor Hugo's Subtext the blood of angry men

• Novice Reviewer
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    Hello!

Eastern Lands might be what you are looking for. We are a small but active historical low fantasy site with a low word count (100 event posts/200 standard). We are a fandom, but no knowledge of the books are needed, a lot of our members haven't read them. We're really accepting of all sorts of characters (and players!), so you should come check us out! We'll be more than happy to have you (and your English is very good by the way! :D)

[IMG]
    PLOT | RULES | CANON | CLAIMS | ADVERTISING

THE GLORY OF THE VICTORS

King Baird V has been on the throne a year, interested in wine, women and song more than running a kingdom. Tusaine, hoping to take advantage of Tortall's mismanagement stood in the early spring to take the Drell River Valley. After months of hard fighting in the mud, Tortall came out victorious with a daring midnight mission, being called The Great Gamble.

Victorious, Baird is holding magnificent parties in the palace to celebrate. The men that have returned are also being welcomed with warm arms and most expect many rushed weddings in the coming months.

As the winter months approach, the court hopes it can continue to celebrate, but with only an average harvest, troubles in the half burned city of Corus and Baird's growing indifference to his young wife, who knows how long the party will last?

TORTALL IS IN FOR SOME TURBULENT TIMES

Eastern Lands is an intermediate medieval roleplay dedicated to being a friendly and creative community. Set in Tamora Pierce's world of Tortall over a hundred years before The Song of the Lioness. Easy to integrate, we require no previous knowledge of the books. We're a small but dedicated community with a low word count.
  19. Offline

!theinbetweener I'm just a Panda Bear

Total Posts:
    If you're looking for a Harry potter Site but are tired of the same old Dark Plots I would definitely check out the site +Hogwarts Generation. We are a Post-Potter Next Generation RPG that focuses on the Children of our favorite HP characters, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Luna, Draco, etc.

We're a fairly new site and we're trying to gather in members. I'm on at least once a day and my other co-admins are on often as well so there's always someone to rp with! We are open to orignal characters and have plenty of Canon characters to choose from as well.

We're also planning on setting a new site-wide plot once we've perfected it that includes a student competition outside of the house points and quidditch! Here's our current plot:
    [IMG]
    Mods and Canon Needed!
    PLOT
    The Wizarding World has seen terror and destruction at the hands of the evil Lord Voldemort, but Harry Potter was the boy-who-lived and defeated the dark Lord in 1998. Since then, the Wizarding World has rebuilt itself with the help of the famous Harry Potter, and the War Hero Family, the Weasleys. Even Draco Malfoy, Harry Potter's nemesis at Hogwarts, has done his share of helping the Wizarding World revive. Hogwarts stood through it all and remains the single greatest school for witchcraft and wizardy.
    Now the year is 2020 and it's the next Generation's turn to wreak havoc on Hogwarts like never before. Mischief, magic, and mayhem, the usual trait of Hogwarts students, have taken a new spin as our favorite war hereos' children take hold of the school. Join Rose Weasley, Albus Potter, and Scorpius Malfoy and the rest of the next generation as Hogwarts is brought to better times, without the shadow of Lord Voldemort.
    Hope to see You soon!
  20. Offline

beyondthexsea starbomb mascot

Total Posts:
    • Awards
    Hello! We think that WTCB might be for you. We're an AU board based off of LA Noire, focusing on all new cases, places, and characters.

In a city named after angels, it's far from heavenly. Welcome to 1947 Los Angeles: the city of crime, broads, and crooked cops. Not all of us are crooked, but in this city you can't ever trust anyone but yourself, keep that in mind, kid.
    Our biggest problem? The Morretti's. An Italian family, they go back quite a time over here, and, boy, they've created quite the name for themselves. On the other hand, the second biggest pain in the ass in the Villalobo's. It was quiet for a while, besides the normal crime around here, then someone with a death wish whacked off one of the Moretti Chairman's son. Then all hell broke loose.
    Tell ya what, you help us catch the guy who started this war, and I'll make you a hero. What do you say, kid? ... Good.