1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking For:

Discussion in 'Requests Archive' started by Hazy, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Offline

Hazy mad, bad and dangerous to know

Total Posts:
    Genre: Superheroes, fantasy, sci-fi, Harry Potter
    Difficulty: Anything
    Types of Creatures: Anything
    Preferred Rating: Anything
    Preferred Number of Members/Activity: Anything
    Preferred Time where RPG is set in: Anything

Other Notes:

1. Superhero RP. Something Urban, Nitty-Gritty and not fandom based.
    2. I am a student. I am a bust student. I will aim to post every day but sometimes get in the way.
    3. Relaxed, friendly atmosphere with a focus on writing rather than just plotting =P.
    4. Please don't just post the ad for your site. Please actually tell me why you think I would like it. Ads I can read any day.
  2. Offline

Miasma Member

Total Posts:
    • Awards
    Not sure if no fandom based extends to fantasy, since you list Harry Potter, but how about a Dragon Age RP? We are established (nine months old), extremely active and do not play canons so even if you are not familiar with dRagon Age you can still be assimilated. :p We have tons of folks new to the series RPing and having a great time in a unique, fun and fantastic fantasy world.

We have really friendly members, excellent plots and welcome all levels of player, so whether you are new to RPing or just new to Dragon Age you'll have help and support and fun. :D

[IMG]

3. Offline

loptyu302 Member

Total Posts:
    Ok, here goes. Tales of Secrecy is an original Political RPG. I'm hoping your definition of "fantasy" covers us since there's no magic but we are set in a completely original world with a unique religion. So, if we don't fit your definition of fantasy feel free to skip over this, but just in case you're still with me, I'll continue. What makes the world unique is the fact that it is a modern Empire. Meaning Empresses and noble families co-exist with planes and skyscrapers. We're no word count and welcome all levels of roleplayers. Our community is small, welcoming and active, both OOC and IC. Practically anything goes for characters as long as they're "noble" and over 16 so you will have tons of creative freedom.

Hope you check us out: Tales of Secrecy
  4. Offline

Adell The Androgynous Anonymous Hatter

Total Posts:
    You might like Mudblood! We are a Post-Canon Harry Potter RP with both canon and original and fanmade aspects to cater to HP fans and fantasy fans alike and we are always open to suggestions. We have a unique plot, not the usual Death Eater shenanigans so why not give us a look?

Mudblood is a Post-Canon Harry Potter RP set in the Year 2117 where the lines between the Muggle and the Magical worlds are being blurred. Now that Muggles know the secret, they are doing everything to be at par with magic. With a cold war going on, what will light the fuse and make everything come crashing down?
    [IMG]
  5. Offline

elle monster "Nice is an understatement, I look fabulous!"

Total Posts:
    How about a really epic, fairly new but super active post potter forum called Even In Death. Amazing right? I think that the number one reason you should join is because the members are awesome, hands down. You'll never be bored here :D
    [IMG]

Many a great secret has been buried away and hidden within the impenetrable
    walls of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. As the residents of those
    haunted halls are about to discover -- some secrets are just too valuable to remain
    hidden -- and some people will stop at nothing to unearth them.

Even In Death is a Post Potter forum set in the year 2023. We offer a friendly, active
    staff and awesome members just dying to plot with you. Our forum has lots of stuff
    to offer both IC and OOC including a character review section, FAQ, spell list,
    creature list, and much more. House Points were YOU can effect who wins, a unique
    site wide plot with room for everyone which focuses on the magic of Harry Potter as
    well as the ups and downs of being a teenager. You don't know what you're missing
    some come check us out and see for yourself!

PLOTCANONSJOINFACE CLAIMWANTEDADVERTISE
  6. Offline

AJ! sheLurks

Total Posts:
    • Awards
    Greetings and Salutations!

I am a Admin (Bona Dea) for Modern Fates; Cedarbrooke is a fictional town based on a real life town I grew up near and currently live by, so many of the places and pictures are real. We are Real Life setting with a fantasy/supernatural twist to it. Semi Original new board (Open over six months and we have developed a nice little community of players under the count of fifteen so far); eager for new players, welcoming to all sexualities. Species range from Human:Normal; Gifted Human, Witches/Fae Lineage/Demons and Therianthropes. Our species information has actually just been updated. Mature site(18+); very open and approachable. I hate censors so I do not censor myself and I would not expect anyone else to censor themselves unless it is a taboo subject. We do have a word count, but it is low and we are not going to be completely stern about it. (But if you can post over it, we'll love you forever...or at least I will) We are just starting a new board Event! We just got a new layout and moved from Invisionfree to Jcink for a better custom experience so please give us a look over! <3 While we do have a matchmaker; that is not the main focus of the board, just a added bonus for those interested.

7. Offline

Firelord Kesra Now with Nipple Tassles

Total Posts:
    • Awards
    [IMG]
    There is no Emotion; There is Peace
    But we are not automatons
    There is no Ignorance; There is knowledge
    And being stupid will get you killed
    There is no Passion; There is Serenity
    But remember who you're fighting for
    There is no Death; there is the Force
    And Corellian whiskey. There is always Corellian whiskey

It's been a year after the war of Coruscant and it's still too hard to say if anyone really won. The Jedi and the Sith took heavy losses and the Jedi find themselves without a place to come home. We'll take them though. We were the ones to decline their call to war. We are the watchers of our sector. We are notoriously contrary and bent on going our own way.

We are the Corellian Jedi. We are your only hope.

PLOT||SETTING||RULES||ADVERTISING
  8. Offline

Total Posts:
    Thank you so much guys! I'll check these out asap! Some lovely looking sites there.

Anyone else?
  9. Offline

Hiccup Haddock. "you're pouting, big baby boooo"

• Community Challenger
    • Community Devoted
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    Ooh! I think you might like Visionary Tales! We're a super-active but super-laidback multi-genre forum - yep, that means you can roleplay all those genres you listed, all in one place. Our community is a little on the big side but we aim to embrace every member, not let them get lost in the crowd. To make things even easier, we have no application, no word count and no activity requirements. All you gotta do is register and join in. We understand that life can get busy, so there's absolutely no stress on posting; you can come and go as you please.

We'd love to have you on VT. <3 Take a look!

EXPERIENCE MULTI-GENRE ROLEPLAYING
    [IMG]

Visionary Tales is a roleplaying community composed of intelligent, quick-minded, mature, and kind individuals.

Visionary Tales is welcome to anyone and everyone with an open mind, with a desire for roleplaying and writing, and even to lurkers. Maybe you've retired roleplaying for now, but want to surround yourself with like minded individuals. Have a plot or character that needs a run? Perhaps you as a roleplayer are searching for a bit of the interwebs to call home. Visionary Tales is an environment, a haven, where we want every member to feel welcome, to feel they serve an important function and service to this active roleplaying community.

No auditions. No elitism. No discrimination. No douchebaggery. We welcome roleplayers of every experience level, every genre-appreciator, from all walks of life.

Open minded, clever, encouraging, welcoming, and friendly. We want YOU.
    http://visionary-tales.com
    We’re better than missionaries. We’re Visionaries.

VISIONARY TALES
    [sup]douchebags need not apply...[/sup]
  10. Offline

Lady Isadorabelle Member

Total Posts:
    We're not super hero or sci-fi, but Beyond the Veil is an original fantasy rpg. We're kind of an old game and we began as Harry Potter, but as we've aged we incorperated so much from other fantasy settings that we just made the change to original fantasy. The setting is mainly Harry Potter with an active wizarding world, witches, wizards, etc. but we've also got a really strong vampire presence (mainly True Blood. You can read more about our vampires here.).

We do have an 18+ age limit (we're not erotica, but we don't really believe in censorship, so adult content is allowed if adequately marked) and we do have word limits, but it is a loose 200 minimum. Here's the link to our wiki, which is our main source of information.

:) thanks for reading!
  11. Offline

Edible Alien The Deosexual Troll of the D

Total Posts:
    This Ring of Fire is the site for busy persons, definitely! We are relaxed and laid back. People won't hound you for posts, unless you say they can XD and there's no word count. If you want to reply to a thread between writing papers and can only manage 100 words, no one cares! We all just prefer to see that theres a reply, not how elaborate it is. Rp is all about fun, and we've been keeping it that way for seven months now.

[align=center][IMG]
    no word count, freestyle app, six months strong, original real life/sci-fi
    "Humans are the cockroaches of the universe...."[/align]

• Based off the Hollow Earth Conspiracy Theory, This Ring of Fire is an original real life roleplay set in the year 2117. Explore Roswell, New Mexico in an environment where survival is your only goal and the threats include cannibals, disease, famine, oppressive military, serial killers, gangs, rebellions, and even body snatchers from outer space...

[align=center]PORTAL | WANTED ADS | INFORMATION | ADVERTISE[/align]
  12. Offline

doctorbee Member

Total Posts:
    Pennsylvania (California at heart, always)
    Hi Hazy! I'm Bee and I think I have a site for you. :)
    It's not superhero, but it's sci-fi and definitely has urban and "nitty-gritty" aspects (although the extent of that does depend on what sort of character you make, of course).
    + I'm a student too. I get that busy happens. The site is pretty laid back and nobody is going to hold it against you that you have a life outside of the site.
    + The extent of your plotting is totally up to you. If you want to plan big plots in advance, go for it. If you want to just jump into threads and write to your heart's content, do that!
    I have a pretty laid back approach to running the site. I like to know the members as individuals. I think rules are more like "guidelines" and the point of anything should be to enjoy the game (it shouldn't be WORK, it should be fun).
    Here's the ad for you. If you are interested, do stop by the cbox on the site and say hello! I'm usually always around (although today I know I'll be in and out a lot, so if you miss me, just poke again!).

Ante Diluvium
    (Speculative fiction, dystopia, pre-apocalyptic)
    Site Synopsis:Scientific advancement, particularly genetics, has skyrocketed. There are many new breeds of species as a result of hybridization and transgenics. Genetic code is a toy. Some people live in Compounds. Compounds are created and run by scientific corporations. Everything outside the Compounds is Pleebland. The Earth itself has long been laid to waste, but small Pleeb cities still survive. Some citizens are fine with how things are, but not everyone is happy about it. Some reject it peacefully, while others are organizing more aggressive rebellion.
  13. Offline

Sephula Member

Total Posts:
    I have Deadlight to offer you <3!

It's a fantasy/supernatural/mythology board set in modern day New York City (although it has settings all over the world and in some mythological locations also). It's sort of... an exploration of the modern day Zeitgeist with the influences of the ancient world pushed upon it. We cherish creativity, and I would adore having more people who live off of creativity <3. The setting has some aspects of other canons adapted to it, but for the most part the characters within it and the setting are original; with both a canon list and OCs accepted and encouraged.

The characters on the board so far range from gorgons, powered humans, normal humans, fae, fairy tale characters, elves, vampires, Amazons, Atlanteans, werewolves, mages, witches and a host of other kinds of praeternatural and mythological beings (with the exception of gods; but that's largely because on the board, for the most part, the board's time has passed). The site's about medium sized, and we're all very friendly =).

The board itself thrives off of site events. We let them – and the character actions within them – progress and evolve the story, which is always moving forward.
    [IMG]
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
  14. Offline

Ismaire Member

Total Posts:
    Hello! I don't actually have an ad done up yet to offer you anyway, so that's ... good?

But I have got Grayscale Sun, which is a futuristic dealie in an original setting (though inspired by a misspent youth full of Star Wars/Trek/Gate/Craft, Farscape, Firefly, Mass Effect and such), with eleven set 'factions' - which are just professions really - and an 'other' category for whatever else you'd like to come up with. We've also got four main races, including humans, as well as hybrids and basically any original race that you can justify with a bit of psuedo-science.

Setting-wise, it goes more or less like this: Humans pretty much decimated Earth with their infighting and stubborn refusal to recycle, so they took to space - but were still making the same mistakes until a race of 'grays' called the riouth contacted them and warned them that a war was coming to their doorstep. Luckily, the riouth vowed to to their best to protect humanity, since they were themselves a largely peaceable race. They introduced us to the other side, the dragon-like espri, whose motivation was to conquer everything they could reach and kill or enslave anything that got in their way, as well as the mek, a race of shapeshifters with no real allegiance to anyone. The humies had a very small part in this war, really only scraping by at defending themselves, and it quickly became apparent that it was a war of attrition - whoever had more soldiers and ships to throw at the other would be the victor, and it wasn't really clear who that would be.

Then, out of nowhere, the espri called a ceasefire, went into peace talks, and the next thing you knew they'd changed their tactics entirely, though maybe not their goals. Nowadays, about five hundred years later, they manage to run pretty much all of civilized space - Central Space or 'Centra' - with their soldier/cops, the Enforcers, under the guise of keeping everyone safe from the rampant killers-for-hire like mercenaries and assassins (who are legal but highly regulated) and of course the slavers and smugglers (who are not so legal). Meanwhile, out of their reach, in Fringe Space/the Fringe, almost anything goes, but there's not much in the way of lawmen, so you might not be safe out there - unless of course you happen to be one of those assassins or slavers or what have you.

On the other hand, a little band of dissidents recently brought to light the fact that at least small groups of espri were still running slave-run factories and such, so they may be a bit more corrupt than we'd realized and maybe you're not safe in Centra either.

... So yeah! That's all I've got on that front. Hopefully it intrigues you. There is a fair bit of backstory and reading to do on the factions and races and things, but it's not all strictly required and you certainly don't have to remember it all at once - plus I'm around if you need a quick answer. I like to think we've got a focus on writing, but we only have three members right now including myself so it's really more what you're interested in doing *laughs* Bonus points if you're into exploring moral gray areas, since that has the possibility of coming up with a lot of our factions, and darker material is going to be almost be a necessity as the universe is quite a scary place out there - but ridiculous silliness is not out of place either.

Technical stuff: we're rated M, we have a short app, playbys are not required, we have no wordcount, and activity checks will never be a thing. I'm pretty laid-back about posting myself, so you being a student is absolutely no obstacle.

Aaand that's my piece! I'm always happy to help newbies figure stuff out and quick to approve apps, and there's even a couple open scenes up right now so you can start playing ASAP should you be interested. Cheers!
  15. Offline

Chele Writer:odd being that transforms caffeine to books

• 'D Contributor
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    Hey Hazy!

Firstly, Sci-Fi Harry Potter would be awesome! I mean, come on, Harry Potter in outer space? It could happen, they can already teleport! Ok, sorry, just got really excited by imagining all the Harry potter characters in Star Trek uniforms.

I'm not offering you that, (though now I wish I was.) Instead I'm offering you Interitus. Sci-Fi site, no word count, post as often as you like, create as many characters as you can't resist.

Interitus is a mature site, set in a fictional city, lots of nitty-gritty-ness, even though we don't have the superheroes.

Our members are friendly as anything. In fact, sometimes they get too friendly, don't be surprised if they sit on your head or tackle you when you come online. We have a lot of plotting going on, but here's the great thing... we actually write it! We come up with an idea, and then we RP! *gasp* I know, we actually post!

I hope you'll give us a look! If we're not for you, then I wish you all the best in finding an amazing site!
    [IMG]
    They came, they conquered, and we are slaves to the ruin.

They gave us two choices:
    Servitude or Death.

There is actually another choice
    that they didn't think anyone would choose...

Fight like Hell!

INTERITUS

Home | Plot | Rules | Sign Up | New Member Guide
  16. Offline

LOLABEE Wit beyond measure is man’s greatest treasure.

Total Posts:
    We have lots of other students, a relaxed atmosphere and there's tons of writing going on daily. ^^
    [IMG]

Victorian England is a world full of hypocritical secrecy and repression. Objects or persons considered inappropriate or unconventional is politely yet firmly ostracized. Three years ago, the presence of wizarding families was discovered. The Muggles of London forced those who could wield magic to go into exile. They were not accepted at social functions, they were fired from their jobs, some were aggressively chased out of town.

Slowly, the fugitives began to filter into the village of Hogsmeade- located outside of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Houses were built and refurnished, business created and reestablished, and the wizarding families created a society of their own. Even in their openly magic society, the rules of etiquette are strictly observed. It is a society of secrecy, repression, and magic built on a tenuous foundation of shifting beliefs and hypocrisy that makes one wonder whether or not anyone can find their place.

Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set in the village of Hogsmeade and the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. We have upper, middle and lower class characters as well as a few non-humans including: Centaurs, Goblins, House-Elves, Merfolk, Ghosts and Vampires. Our storyline is constantly being developed by the players and characters.

To help inspire creativity and plotlines, there are at least two - if not more - voluntary monthly events going on at any period of time. We strive to be a mature, friendly and drama-free community that focuses on quality over quantity and having fun.
  17. Offline

Enik Today the forums, tomorrow the world.

Total Posts:
    Well I have a sci-fi/superhero rp that may catch your interest. Tomorrowland is a sci-fi rp based around the world of tomorrow and the futuristic world of Batman Beyond. And with a colorful cast of canons (consisting of both canons and originals), plenty of subplots and a series of articles made to bring everyone up to speed with the world of Neo-Gotham (whether they're familliar with Batman Beyond or not), we pride ourselves on delivering a fun and engaging rp experience.

So stop on by and if you have any questions, feel free to contact me (your friendly neighborhood admin ^ ^) or post them in our guest friendly c-box.
  18. Offline

Total Posts:
    Anyone else?
  19. Offline

Felix Mr. Inconsistent

• Community Devoted
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    You need to come to Denver!

We are five months old, bright happy posterzing people and former winner of the FOTF!

Easy going and relaxed, our board is more than just a board, it's a community. I do hope you come and check us out. :D

[hr]

[IMG]

The central premise of Being Human is that various types of supernatural beings exist alongside humans,unseen, with varying degrees of menace.

Some of these supernatural beings are opting to live among humans rather than apart from them, trying to blend in rather than live with their own kind while attempting (as much as is possible) to live ordinary human lives despite the pressures and dangers of their situations.

They are constantly threatened with exposure or persecution, with pressure from other supernatural creatures, and with problems caused by their attempts to deal with their own natures while "Being Human."

Our stories are set in Denver, a large city that is the hub of trade between the East and West coasts, nested between the mountains and the desert. A perfect setting for those stuck between longing to be 'normal' and knowing it will never be true.

Humans, both gifted and not, Vampires, Ghosts, and Werewolves live, if you can call it that, in this bustling city.

Will you rebel against your role, your very nature? Or fall prey to it?

~Newbie Guide~~[IMG] ~Advertising~
  20. Offline

Victor Hugo's Subtext the blood of angry men

• Novice Reviewer
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    Eastern Lands might be what you are looking for. We are a small but active historical low fantasy site with a low word count. We are a fandom, but no knowledge of the books are needed, a lot of our members haven't read them. We're really accepting of all sorts of characters, so you should come check us out!

[IMG]
    PLOT | RULES | CANON | CLAIMS | ADVERTISING

THE GLORY OF THE VICTORS

King Baird V has been on the throne a year, interested in wine, women and song more than running a kingdom. Tusaine, hoping to take advantage of Tortall's mismanagement stood in the early spring to take the Drell River Valley. After months of hard fighting in the mud, Tortall came out victorious with a daring midnight mission, being called The Great Gamble.

Victorious, Baird is holding magnificent parties in the palace to celebrate. The men that have returned are also being welcomed with warm arms and most expect many rushed weddings in the coming months.

As the winter months approach, the court hopes it can continue to celebrate, but with only an average harvest, troubles in the half burned city of Corus and Baird's growing indifference to his young wife, who knows how long the party will last?

TORTALL IS IN FOR SOME TURBULENT TIMES

Eastern Lands is an intermediate medieval roleplay dedicated to being a friendly and creative community. Set in Tamora Pierce's world of Tortall over a hundred years before The Song of the Lioness. Easy to integrate, we require no previous knowledge of the books. We're a small but dedicated community with a low word count.