1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Little Witch

Discussion in 'Requests Archive' started by StrangeDragon, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Offline

StrangeDragon Member

Total Posts:
    Hello, I'm new and I had problems finding the specific RP I'd like to take part in. I guess thats because there are so many, so I decided to post here in hope of help :)

Genre: Harry Potter preferably Pre-Potter or Potter era, not that found of Post-Potter
    Difficulty: I can work my way around 100 - 500 word posts, more is hard for me since English is my 3rd language.
    Type of Creatures: Perfectly the setting would allow to play not only students but ghosts and other HP creatures, but if only Humans are available thats completely fine.
    Preferred Rating: I'd be ok with a PG-13, but I prefer a Mature setting so that my characters have more freedom.Still I do understand most HP sites are PG-13
    Preferred Number of Members/Activity: Big, friendly and active :)
    Preferred Time where RPG is set in: Pre-Potter or Potter era

Other Notes:
    Even tho I like the Idea of AU, please don't give me any if there are no Cannon characters included...for me the Potter RP becomes dry if you don't see Draco or some Weasley running around :) Also, the sorting hat...it would be a really nice thing if we could chose the house we are in or at least give a good enough reason why we should be re-sorted XD getting in the wrong house can really mess up my poor plot idea T^T

Before you turn around, I'd like to say I am open minded so if you think you have a really cool and active HP site that you think could work for me, please do post it here even if it doesn't 100% match the one I wanted to see. Thank you :)
    1 people like this.
  2. Offline

ITW Head of House Member

Total Posts:
    Hi, I'm not an admin here, but I am a member, so I'm just going to say you might want to try hprpg.net. It is technically post potter, and you can only play students, but it's a wonderful site and probably the most realistic I have ever found. It's a huge community, but despite its size it's really not very hard to get into and get involved. There's also a fantastic quidditch program and a lot of really interesting events.

The skin isn't that attractive right now because they just updated the board software, and are working on getting everything back up and running, but the board has been around for something like 8 years now, so it isn't going anywhere.
  3. Offline

LOLABEE Wit beyond measure is man’s greatest treasure.

Total Posts:
    Members are able to choose their own houses. ^^
    [IMG]

Victorian England is a world full of hypocritical secrecy and repression. Objects or persons considered inappropriate or unconventional is politely yet firmly ostracized. Three years ago, the presence of wizarding families was discovered. The Muggles of London forced those who could wield magic to go into exile. They were not accepted at social functions, they were fired from their jobs, some were aggressively chased out of town.

Slowly, the fugitives began to filter into the village of Hogsmeade- located outside of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Houses were built and refurnished, business created and reestablished, and the wizarding families created a society of their own. Even in their openly magic society, the rules of etiquette are strictly observed. It is a society of secrecy, repression, and magic built on a tenuous foundation of shifting beliefs and hypocrisy that makes one wonder whether or not anyone can find their place.

Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set in the village of Hogsmeade and the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. We have upper, middle and lower class characters as well as a few non-humans including: Centaurs, Goblins, House-Elves, Merfolk, Ghosts and Vampires. Our storyline is constantly being developed by the players and characters.

To help inspire creativity and plotlines, there are at least two - if not more - voluntary monthly events going on at any period of time. We strive to be a mature, friendly and drama-free community that focuses on quality over quantity and having fun.
  4. Offline

Felly gryffindor ♥

Total Posts:
    In the cardboard box in front of your house.
    I'm not an admin at this site, but I have a good Potter RP for you! :) It's not too big since it opened rather recently, but it's active enough and it is AU. We're also looking for a lot of the major canons!

[align=center][IMG]

150 WC, brand new. Very open and flexible RP.

Our site follows the books up to Goblet of Fire where we will be going quite AU. Characters that died later on, even major canons, may be allowed to live as we diverge from the storyline. The plot will change every few real life months or so, as we advance through school years. Our first site wide event is the Hexawizard Tournament and we will be adding small, side plots soon.

The first Triwizard Tournament was held in 1294, with each of the three European schools being represented by one Champion apiece. Chosen champions competed in three tasks designed to test magical ability, intelligence and courage, traditionally judged by the Headmasters or Headmistresses of the competing schools.

However, the Tournament was extremely dangerous, and a few champions died while competing. Because of the potential dangers involved, it was discontinued around 1792, when the death toll became too high. Now this year it has been revived, with new rules and restrictions in place to make it safer than it's ever been before. In an attempt to branch out to other magical cultures, three schools outside of Europe have been invited to join. These new schools will each send 10 students who have been selected as champion material, and will travel with their headmaster or chosen instructor to Hogwarts.
    [/align]
  5. Offline

ChelleMarie I am Chelle. That is all you need to know.

Total Posts:
    • Awards
    http://www.rpg-directory.com/index.php?/topic/81501-legends-of-hogwarts/

This is the ad here on RPG-D for Legends of Hogwarts. We are just starting out, but that is a great time to get the character you want. We have two games so far, one marauder-based and one trio-based. Plenty of characters still opened. I've had people show interest in James and Lily on the marauder-based rp, but no one has posted an application yet. I hope you will find what you are looking for at Legends of Hogwarts!
  6. Offline

Isadorabelle Member

Total Posts:
    Hi Little Witch.
    Our game is an original fantasy, but we borro from different genres and the setting is Harry Potter. Just as an example right now I'm working on a new thread that takes place in Hogwarts. Potter and co. have graduated, but it isn't post-Potter with their children there at the school or anything. Hermione Granger is currently the librarian and we have most of the regular canon staff (I think, I'd have to double check)

We're an 18+ game (not erotica, but we allow mature situations provided they are noted in the description.) We have a loose 200 minimum word limit, but if you can pull off 150 a post, that would be awesome. There is no maximum- the longer the better. :)

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, but we're looking for more members. We have eight right now. Anyway, I thought I'd would respond and offer up our game.

Anyway, I thought I'd throw it out there for your consideration. :)
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Beyond_the_Veil_rpg
  7. Offline

Adell The Androgynous Anonymous Hatter

Total Posts:
    We are a Post-Potter forum but seeing you're notes, I thought I'd drop this here in case it might tickle your fancy! We are allowing Half-Breeds and have different and original Special Features for you to take in while we are only allowing the House Ghosts, Binns and Peeves right now (Myrtle was taken).

Mudblood is a Post-Canon Harry Potter RP set in the Year 2117 where the lines between the Muggle and the Magical worlds are being blurred. Now that Muggles know the secret, they are doing everything to be at par with magic. With a cold war going on, what will light the fuse and make everything come crashing down?

[IMG]

PLOT | STARTER GUIDE | RULES | SPECIAL FEATURES | SPELL CRAFT
    ADVANCEMENT | MAGICAL ITEMS | FAMILIARS | STAFF POSITIONS
  8. Offline

StrangeDragon Member

Total Posts:
    Thank you for the wonderful sites, I'll check them out and see if something is fitting for me :)
    But please keep it coming, I'd die happy if somehting 100% mine would show up :Crazy:
  9. Offline

mandarific WHOA HI.

• Community Devoted
    Total Posts:
    Oooh! Hello!

I think you might like to check out Vault 713!

We're a "Classic Canon" Potter-Era board that is playing through the book series one by one - we're currently on Order of the Phoenix. We also have sections for Pre-Potter and Post-Potter play! You're also not stuck to playing just Hogwarts students either - if you'd like to, that's totally fine, but we also have several other magical schools and adult characters (not just Ministry, either - why not try a Pro Quidditch Player or a dark wizard?) for you to choose from, so the possibilities are endless!

We pretty much fit every single thing that you've requested with no problem, though the staff does choose your house unless you're playing a Past or Future character, in which case you get to pick yourself. I think we do a pretty good job of house selection though (this site has been running since 2001, if you can believe it! We've had a lot of practice at sorting!) - but if you aren't happy, you can always PM the mod that sorted you and try to work out a change. :)

I hope you'll come check us out at http://vault713.com - we're really excited to meet you! Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions!
  10. Offline

!theinbetweener I'm just a Panda Bear

Total Posts:
    Hey there! My names Bee and since you're looking for a Harry Potter site I think I have something new and refreshing for you. Though you say you aren't fond of Post potter sites I think that we bring something new and different to the table and there are some of our beloved Potter era canon available. If you have an open mind and are tired of the dark or angsty post potter sites I think you'll like it here.
    [IMG]
    Mods and Canon Needed!
    PLOT
    The Wizarding World has seen terror and destruction at the hands of the evil Lord Voldemort, but Harry Potter was the boy-who-lived and defeated the Dark Lord in 1998. Since then, the Wizarding World has rebuilt itself with the help of the famous Harry Potter, and the War Hero Family, the Weasleys. Even Draco Malfoy, Harry Potter's nemesis at Hogwarts, has done his share of helping the Wizarding World revive. Hogwarts stood through it all and remains the single greatest school for witchcraft and wizardy.
    -----
    Now the year is 2020 and it's the Next Generation's turn to wreak havoc on Hogwarts like never before. Hogwarts has decided to start a new tradition, one that could change the lives of students in ways they never thought of. Along with Quidditch and the House Cup, there is now the Champion’s Challenge. Each year, two students (one boy and one girl) from each house are selected randomly by the sorting hat to be their House Champion. These eight champions will have to work together with their team mate and compete in several challenges in order to earn additional House points for their house. Not only do they get the extra chance to earn house points but they are exempt from exams, which makes the title of Champion all the more sought after.
    -----
    At the end of the year, the points of each challenge are added up and the Champions that collected the most points for their house will win a prize of 500 Galleons each and a mystery prize of great value. Judged by a panel of Witches and Wizards, Champions can either bring shame or pride to their house. Of course, everything is never as simple as it seems at Hogwarts. Not everyone is happy with their house champions or the judges. Some teams will struggle to wrok together. Then there’s the constant threat of sabotage that has everyone on edge. As jealousies run high, the possibilities are endless. So who will be the House Champions? Who will win the ultimate prize of School Champion? What challenges lay ahead? And can Hogwarts survive the chaos?
  11. Offline

AvePeachy obligatory extra

Total Posts:
    [IMG]
    Visit The Canon World of Harry Potter

This board is played in the years immediately following the re-opening of Hogwarts Castle after the Battle. Those who have died are honored with a memorial along side that of Albus Dumbledore's tomb. Those who lived have returned to their posts to carry on and bravely teach the message of tolerance, honor, and perseverance. Professor McGonagall now sits as Headmistress of Hogwarts, Horace Slughorn has returned to continue his post as Potions Master, the Defence Against the Dark Arts curse is now broken, and a new Professor for both it Transfiguration, and Muggle Studies now preside.

In the magical world, the Minister of Magic is Kingsley Shacklebolt, who has been very popular with the way he has handled things following the fall of the Dark Lord. All of the known Death Eaters have either been killed, prosecuted, or have disappeared for fear of their own lives. Any supporters of the Dark Lord are under close scrutiny or have been prosecuted, though some were able to avoid trouble with technicalities causing some animosity among the wizarding world.

While the Dark Lord has been defeated, suspicion, fear, and anger still remain. It has only been a few short years and with lives having been lost, people persecuted and tortured, there is still a long time before many can forgive let alone forget.

All canon information is in play for this board. Our canon is only what has been published in the books, or what JKR has given as factual to the world. Where we have a lack of canonical or inconsistent information, we have attempted to fill in with the most plausible and reasonable presumptions based on the facts that we have available to us.

We invite anyone who is interested in playing in the world of JKR's invention to join us. Here we honor and adhere to canon rather than adapt her imagination to our own. Some people find this stifling and difficult, but others truly enjoy the challenge of creating, developing, and playing a character in a world with it's own rules and limitations and reality. Fanfictions are encouraged and welcome to be posted in their section of the board, but when in the game we ask that you leave your own world behind and enter the magical one of Harry Potter.

CWHP likes to consider itself a learning forum where players from every experience level and background can come to grow and learn from one another. You don't have to have extensive knowledge of the canon world, but a basic knowledge is needed. If you have read at least one book, then you don't have anything to worry about.