1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Inept With My New Imac.

Discussion in 'Digital' started by {[So(S)oN]}, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Offline

{[So(S)oN]} Member

Total Posts:
    I used to be a pretty decent spriter, pixel by pixel on Microsoft Paint. I also got used to creating banners and such with GIMP on my old XP. But now i've got a new iMac, which doesn't have ms paint, and the GIMP i''ve downloaded doesn't work the same on this OSX system. does anyone have any programs in mind that i could buy or download, that are fairly easy to use that work well on this system? Id like to get back to spriting, splicing and making banners.

I'm always amazed at the signature images some people make. i'd love to do that, but first i need a good program i can train myself to use. Input would be appreciated. :)
  2. Offline

GIZIBE not bad meaning bad, but bad meaning good you know

• Emerging Artist
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    well I use a macbook and I work with Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended ^_^. so photoshop definitely works with the mac family!
  3. Offline

{[So(S)oN]} Member

Total Posts:
    Thanks i'll try to find it ;)

I might need some help making some epic sigs in the future though. <.< So just wait, i'll be back!

if there's any more input besides photoshop, id be happy to try anything.
  4. Offline

Vanity Nah nah nah

Total Posts:
    Practice? The Gimp's a top of the range software. Just because you can get it free doesn't mean it's not a good program.
  5. Offline

{[So(S)oN]} Member

Total Posts:
    Well before on my XP only the script fu worked..... none of the tools worked. Not even the help worked. I downloaded the OSX one and it told me i had to write the script fu by writing functions such as ( + 3 4 )
    which didn't make sense to me...... so i want to try something easier, that's all. I don't know how to program things...
  6. Offline

enterhogwarts Member

Total Posts:
    I agree with all the GIMP users... In the very beginning I was using photoshop, until that died on my old computer, so I just searched for another program like it, and most importantly... for FREE! SO....I used Gimp a while back to change the color of people's hair... (One of my characters on EH has green hair :D) and it was cool because you can draw the outline of the hair (or whatever you wanna change) the color of and then play with the colors or texture or whatever... Anyway, the results were so good lots of the other RPers on the site also asked me to help them do theirs! (Apparently we have lots of unnatural colored hair characters at EH lol) :D
  7. Offline

{[So(S)oN]} Member

Total Posts:
    why are you advertising when you only have 5 posts? <.<
    >.>

*cough*readtherulesbeforesomeonefindsyou*coughcough*

yeah my GIMP only had only had the script fu....... i couldn't recolor peoples eyes or hair or anything........ just play with the script fu, which was only good for banners, etc, not image editing... i downloaded a photoshop program yesterday but it wouldn't run, i could only install it and eject it....... nothing else o.O
  8. Offline

Lint Roller Queen Mother

• Skin Fiend
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    Note: To my knowledge, advertising in banner form is fine regardless of how many posts you have. I don't know, maybe I read the rules wrong myself.

Which Photoshop program did you install yesterday? If it's like super old than it may just not be compatible with your computer. I imagine anything less than Photoshop 7 (or maybe 6) probably wouldn't work too well, but I'm working from Vista so I don't know.
  9. Offline

Deliria neverland & narcissism

Total Posts:
    I concur with Emily. He/she/person-who-might-not-necessarily-want-to-be-put-in-a-box is not doing anything wrong.

ADDITIONALLY. Script-Fu is only scripts. GIMP opens up in three parts. Sometimes two, but it really depends if the layers open automatically or not. The one part has the tools. That has all the tools that you can use. And even if you could only access script fu, there would still be multiple options on that window's toolbar, which would give you access to everything in the great ol' window of tools. Recoloring: Layers--> Colorization. Though I would select just the area you want to recolor.

What package did you download?
  10. Offline

{[So(S)oN]} Member

Total Posts:
    My problem is, i need a .Lemon file extractor and i can't find the download. When i open the programs i have to open it under something such as firefox or pages or textedit, etc., etc,. etc. i need to open it under the lemon extractor program because the files were .lemon, which most computers can't seem to run without the extractor...
  11. Offline

Zabuza825 Member

Total Posts:
    I have a few suggestions for you.

You can try Photoshop
    Also every so often I use a software called GraphicsConverter (not a good program)
    And here's a link to GIMP for Mac: http://www.gimp.org/macintosh/
    You can try using a virtual machine or crossover to run the Windows version of GIMP on your computer. Worst comes to worst use BootCamp to install Windows XP onto a partition of your Mac, install the necessary drivers then the Windows version of GIMP.

If none of the above will work for you, I got nothing.