1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stormcrown

Got Anything I'm Looking For?

Discussion in 'Requests Archive' started by TNG~admin, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Offline

TNG~admin Evil Genius

Total Posts:
    I've posted here before, but I guess since my prayers weren't answered, So here goes again, with an updated list of RP's I'm interested in playing at...

CANON;

Genre: Spartacus
    Difficulty: Advanced (at least, allowing advanced)
    Types of Creatures: Human (Slaves, Gladiators, Romans)
    Preferred Rating: Mature-Adult (allowances)
    Preferred Number of Members/Activity: 20+ (individual members)
    Preferred Time where RPG is set in: Ancient Rome

Other Notes: Preferably NOT post-Whitfield because he was an amaZING Spartacus, and really set the tone of the entire Spartacus universe. Hopefully if a neat Spartacus RP does come up, it will allow mature content, like the show does, because...well i would suck if it didn't, right? Awesome capacity for expanding the universe too. Canon characters wouldn't need to be focussed on solely, there could be other ludus' and other Romans, slaves and gladiators. Originals could even meet canons at arenas and other events. Epic potential! I'd be spoilt for choice, playing all sorts!

Genre: Secret Circle
    Types of Creatures: Witches, Unbound Witches, Dark Witches, Witches with crystals, Witch Hunters, Demons, Elders, OC Covens (perhaps weres/vamps also)
    Preferred Time where RPG is set in: Present

Other Notes: I'd love a good Secret Circle RPG which allowed for different types of characters (demons, weres, vamps, dark magic witches, unbound witches, witches with crystals, witch hunters). It'd be great to have some focus on creating covens out of players' original witch characters, to promote extended storylines and player to player interactivity as well as plotting.

Genre: True Blood
    Types of Creatures: Shifters, Vampires, Humans, Witches, Britlingen, Fae

Other Notes: I have yet to find a stellar True Blood RPG with everything I'm looking for (surely I'm not too picky? Hehehe). I find even the good ones I've found don't allow much in the way of character possibilities, and they focus too much on the plots already done in the TV show or books. Seems silly when there is a higher percentage of Original supernatural characters than there is Canons.

Genre: Dark Angel
    Types of Creatures: Transgenics (many types), Humans, X5's, Steelheads
    Preferred Time where RPG is set in: Future

Other Notes: Would be awesome to have a Dark Angel RPG that has new ideas about X5 generations and transgenics. So many possibilities, especially with "Steelheads" (cybertronics obssessed individuals) that featured on the show but are yet to be utilized very well in Dark Angel RPG's.

Genre: Supernatural
    Types of Creatures: Hunters, Demons, Supernatural Beings, Witches, Unique Types (creative allowances)

Other Notes: I know there are tons of SPN RP's out there, but they all focus too much on demons and angels. It's kind of boring and uncreative since it's not how the show begun. Most seasons have heavily dealt with all manner of urban legends, not just demon vs angel horsecrap, but that seems to be all SPN RP's have wanted to cover for the last two years. Also, in such an expansive world (based on demonology, angelology and folklore) SPN RP's tend to have way too many creative limits when it comes to character creation and type.

ORIGINAL;

Genre: Vampire
    Types of Creatures: Vampires (perhaps different breeds, ages, powers etc), Witches/Weres (optional), Humans (turnable, vampirically)

Other Notes: A wicked vampire-centric RPG would be cool, that didn't have all sorts of limits on vamps (age, powers etc). Personally, I like vampires when they can have a unique power or two, on top of the standard vamp issue ability set. I wouldn't mind if this universe allowed other types of characters too, such as humans to turn, witches, weres etc.

Genre: Futuristic/Interplanetary
    Types of Creatures: Humanoids, Aliens
    Preferred Time where RPG is set in: Future

Other Notes: Think Children of Dune meets Firefly, or something like that. Lots of alien species (perhaps create-them-yourself), alien landscapes/planets, interesting politics, space travel and spaceship play (if desired). Could be pretty cool, no? Some worlds could even be pretty ancient looking, whilst others are like super advanced metropolis like...or even majestic and surreal...or tribal.

That's all I can think of, for now. Let me know if any of you have any suggestions for me!
    Thanks!!!
  2. Offline

StrangeDragon Member

Total Posts:
    Abaddon City
    Its a Vampire, Shifter and Human community, mature and active and you do get to have special powers! [how cool is that?]

Hope I helped you out somehow. :Angel:
    1 people like this.
  3. Offline

TNG~admin Evil Genius

Total Posts:
    yum this place looks amazing, thanks for suggesting it!
    will look through it right away!

looks like it might be right up my alley!
  4. Offline

Hiccup Haddock. the heart of a guardian & the soul of a dragon

• Community Challenger
    • Community Devoted
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    How about a forum where you can play all of those genres, all in one place? You'd get to specifically tailor everything about your roleplays: genre, setting, plot, characters, and everything else. Creative freedom is what it's all about at Visionary Tales. We don't have a word count, application, or other restrictions... you can just jump in and play. Give us a look if you're having trouble finding specific RPGs for what you want.

EXPERIENCE MULTI-GENRE ROLEPLAYING
    [IMG]

Visionary Tales is a roleplaying community composed of intelligent, quick-minded, mature, and kind individuals.

Visionary Tales is welcome to anyone and everyone with an open mind, with a desire for roleplaying and writing, and even to lurkers. Maybe you've retired roleplaying for now, but want to surround yourself with like minded individuals. Have a plot or character that needs a run? Perhaps you as a roleplayer are searching for a bit of the interwebs to call home. Visionary Tales is an environment, a haven, where we want every member to feel welcome, to feel they serve an important function and service to this active roleplaying community.

No auditions. No elitism. No discrimination. No douchebaggery. We welcome roleplayers of every experience level, every genre-appreciator, from all walks of life.

Open minded, clever, encouraging, welcoming, and friendly. We want YOU.
    http://visionary-tales.com
    We’re better than missionaries. We’re Visionaries.

VISIONARY TALES
    [sup]douchebags need not apply...[/sup]
  5. Offline

Alecto I heard the angels call again.

Total Posts:
    How about Forsaken Investigations? It's SPN-like, but not at all based on the show. There are angels and demons, but mroeso, there are shapeshifters, vampires, spirits, and all manner of paranormal creatures. These creatures are beginning to become known to humans, and a group of private investigators have taken it upon themselves to look into paranormal cases.

There are some canons, but original characters are also allowed. I'm not sure how many members there are, but there's a good deal of them. Could be just the RP you're looking for!
  6. Offline

Sephula Member

Total Posts:
    I have Deadlight to offer you <3!

It's a fantasy/supernatural/mythology board set in modern day New York City (although it has settings all over the world and in some mythological locations also). It's sort of... an exploration of the modern day Zeitgeist with the influences of the ancient world pushed upon it. We cherish creativity, and I would adore having more people who live off of creativity <3. The setting has some aspects of other canons adapted to it, but for the most part the characters within it and the setting are original; with both a canon list and OCs accepted and encouraged.

The characters on the board so far range from gorgons, powered humans, normal humans, fae, fairy tale characters, elves, vampires, Amazons, Atlanteans, werewolves, mages, witches and a host of other kinds of praeternatural and mythological beings (with the exception of gods; but that's largely because on the board, for the most part, the board's time has passed). The site's about medium sized, and we're all very friendly =).

The board itself thrives off of site events. We let them – and the character actions within them – progress and evolve the story, which is always moving forward.
    [IMG]
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
  7. Offline

Ismaire Member

Total Posts:
    I'm not sure how particular you are about activity, but my site Grayscale Sun does fit everything else you're asking for in a sci-fi board, so give us a look if you don't mind the slowish newly-opened-ness XD

I'm really into having lavish, advanced places contrast poorer, almost 'backward' ones - for instance, one of my planets has a set Slums district that's horribly polluted and inhabited by little more than crime lords and feral children, while the rich, family-friendly Heights float up above in low orbit and try to pretend it's not there. The main two regions on the board are even Central Space, the more civilized, policed area, and Fringe Space, where anything goes.

We do have four set races, which includes humans as well as the draconic espri, 'grays'-inspired riouth, and shapeshifting mek, but there's also an easy option to create your own original race, or go with a hybrid. You can get an in-depth with your original race as you want, or not go any further than justifying why your humanoid has kitty ears *laughs* And as far as interesting politics goes, we do have a lot of opportunity to mess around with racism and classism, and there's always the fact that a little insurgency has formed to try to overthrow a hypocritical government, and I'd love to see that faction get more attention.

So if you don't mind the more laid-back atmosphere, we'd love it if you gave us a look! If not, just uh, ignore me >.> *coughs*
  8. Offline

Ciel wishing on the stars

Total Posts:
    HOLY COW I think I have a REALLY good fit for you!! We aren't Rome, but we're Ancient Greece with all those heroes like Jason the Argonaut, Alexander the Great, Heracles, and Achilles brought back to life to join the Gods in a war. If you love playing historicals with heroes, OMG so do we. And since it's ancient Greece and we're an over 17 community, there is definitely mature content allowed. RotI is very friendly and very active - I think you'd love it here :)

[IMG]

It is 212 B.C., centuries after the first Titanomachy and over two hundred since a Titan last escaped their prison in Tartarus. Only recently, a stranger came with knowledge long forgotten to the human world which was restless with plagues, wars and famine. With the Epirus bow in hand, he unleashed again the Titans upon the world. Was he ignorant to their past deeds? Did he hope to chain them to his will to alleviate the plights of mankind? Or was he a follower hoping to gain rewards from the old gods?

The Titans have prepared quite differently, this time, for their release. Now, they wreak havoc among the humans, masked as their kind, hiding their schemes for final revenge on the Olympians above. Unprepared for the more strategic tactics of the Titans, spread too thin at having to assert their powers in the affairs of the mortal plane, as well as prepare to defend Olympus, the gods are failing. Humankind is at risk of extinction as the Titans care little for their welfare or continued existence and use them more as unwitting pawns in an immortal game of strategy against their Olympian foes. At the end of the first Titanomachy, the Fates foretold if the gods ever met the Titans in one on one combat that they would surely die. Yet, how can they hope to save mankind when they cannot even shatter the delicate balance between the godly and the mortal realms in an effort to regain balance?

Enraged and fearful for the future of the world, Zeus had petitioned Hades with the decision to awaken the legendary heroes of the Heroic Age to rise up and join the battle. These newly resurrected heroes have sworn to fight as extensions of the gods on the mortal plane and in return, be gifted a power from the Olympian they have pledged allegiance to in their second life. Zeus has planned for these legendary mortals to combine their individual greatness and team against the Titans below, allowing the Olympians time to find a way to cage the Titans once more without throwing both realms' existence into irreparable chaos.

Some of the resurrected have their their own personal agendas as well, but all are teamed with the gods to save humankind from the Titans' deception. At least that was the way things were supposed to be when Zeus rose them from the Underworld and touched them with the power of the Olympians...

Those unforgettable names that have been fading away on parchments and in the minds of so many despite their heroic and legendary feats are now very much alive once more. Their bodies restored, as well as their free-will, the ancient heroes come to face their most difficult battle ever. Will their deeds once again change history, and in changing history… can they rise to immortality?

Rise of the Immortals is an ancient Greek mythology role-play focusing on the non-historical second Titanomachy and resurrection of heroes. Feel free to look at the rules and browse our canon list for character ideas as well as chat with us in the cbox. If you have any questions or comments, please contact Ciel.

9. Offline

MissBekah Member

Total Posts:
    http://vampirediariesrp.wall.fm/

Evidently, it is Vampire Diaries based. We do accept original characters though. And we created our own plot.
  10. Offline

Sully Thirty, Nerdy, and Fabulous

Total Posts:
    Hey there! I actually have three different SPN sites to introduce to you. The SPN Trifecta!

[IMG]

The SPN Trifecta is made up of three sites. All are invisionfree, all are eighteen and over. We allow for creative freedom, so long as it's something that would fit into the SPN verse. However all characters must be balanced so there's not someone godmodding across the board.

The first is Swan Song. It's an AU Season 5 SPN RPG. We are extremely active. The unique category allows for anything out of the norm. We've had members create creatures that have been on the show and creatures that haven't been on the show. We love creative expression. The members are welcome and friendly and you're sure to find plenty of people to post with.

Hang Em' High is a non cannon SPN board set in the 1880's. This board is still getting off the ground, but it is active, with a smaller member base, but just as welcoming as Swan Song. If you like the Old West, you may very well enjoy this board. The only thing is we don't allow angels because they weren't around back then as far as we know.

No Rest For The Wicked is a Zombieland/SPN crossover board. This one is the least active, as we're trying to get it off the ground still. Basically the croat virus was responsible for the creation of Zombieland. Welcome staff, core member base.

We hope to see you there! If it doesn't fiddle your fancy, then that's okay too! You're supposed to have fun in RP ;) Good luck in your search!
  11. Offline

TNG~admin Evil Genius

Total Posts:
    wow thanks for all the suggestions guys, keep them coming if possible!!!
    really appreciate the time u took to respond to my thread here, so thanks again

i joined ABADDON CITY
    and will be looking into the SPN and RISE OF THE IMMORTALS rpgs

thanks again!!!
  12. Offline

applejacks425 Member

Total Posts:
    Hey! If you're interested, I have a site called Iron Kissed. It doesn't meet all your requirements, but I figured, it couldn't hurt to offer it to you.

We're an anita blake/mercy thompson AU, (two book series, in case you don't recognize them), with quite a few liberties taken with the plot. We have vampires, werewolves, fae, witches, animators, and humans, and are currently looking for some anti non humans to spice up some plots if you're interested in making a hunter. We also could use some males right about now, in EVERY species.

We don't have a word count, and our apps are fairly simple. I like to think our members are really great, but you know, I'm biased, so you'd have to see for yourself XD. Feel free to poke around! Our chatbox is guest friendly, so don't hesitate to drop a line!

[IMG]
    Index | Rules | Plot | Species | Face Claim | Apply

Welcome to the Tri Cities!

Here you'll find an array of wonderful things to do, and great schools for your children. When the rest of the economy is collapsing, our's is booming. Our industrial district brings in new jobs, and we can boast a thriving nightlife.

Yes, the Tri-Cities is a wonderful place.

Don't mind the occasional werewolf they are well behaved for the most part, and the vampires bring new innovative ideas to the business table. Not comfortable? most are respectful of signs on the doors not permitting them to enter.

With the rumors of some few people who are said to be able to raise the dead, and the Walla Walla Fae Reservation a mere 40 miles away, who can ask for a better tourist season?

No place on earth is safer or more exciting than the Tri-Cities!
  13. Offline

bakingpun All or muffin.

Total Posts:
    HELLO!

I see that you're looking for a True Blood based site and also some original supernatural playing, so I think I have a site that'll fit your bill. The Jersey Devil is based loosely on True Blood (primarily the political setting is what we use-- as in vampires are 'out' and have their own government within the human government) but we do have other species that haven't been mentioned in the books or show and we do look for a lot of plotting outside of the True Blood box. We don't do canons, and we LOVE original characters-- we even have a demon and an angel floating around, not to mention a magical items dealer and some vampire mobsters. So yeah, we've got a lot of flexibility! Come check us out!

[IMG]