1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding People You Used To Rp With

Discussion in 'Roleplay Talk' started by BelovedofHim, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Offline

BelovedofHim Member

Total Posts:
    Now, most of the time people when they develope a long chain of either threads or boards that they have shared exchange information to keep in touch. Some boards even make it a point to have a listing of everyone's contact information. But what if at one time when you meet a fabulous writer, either they left too soon before you felt polite enough to ask for their contact information or the board you were on had not started such a list by the time they had left?

Over the years I have had the priviledge and honor of rping with some of the most fascinating and talented of writers who I have unfortunately never seen again. I'd like this thread to be able to discuss scenarios of ships crossing in the night and to display (if there is any) evidence that shows what amazing characters and writing these shining stars brought to the table. And maybe through this network of connections we have here we could find a thread that leads us to their current whereabouts.

There was a character called Criss Redgrave in 2006 on a pirates forum called Code. Also on that forum were Angel and Jules, two rpers who I have not heard from in a year who also played on Crimson Covenant, Crimson City, and Abbadon City (a vampire site)

The one I really want to focus on today is a character called Luciano Bellini. He joined For King and Court (Tudors rpg) in September 2009 and was only there for a few months. His writing was...out of this world. Luckily some of his posts are still saved as well as his bio. I miss playing with writers like this, he gave as good as he got if not better. Hat's off to you, wherever you are!
  2. Offline

xexes Happy exclamation mark all the things!

• Novice Reviewer
    • 'D Contributor
    • Community Devoted
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    That sounds like a very good idea for RPG-D : A missed connections section.

I don't know this person, but you can try these generic things:

- Use Google with the information you do have, such as a character name or alias
    - Check your old correspondence and info for any links such as personal photo albums, deviant arts, websites, you name it
    - See if you have their email, or if the board admin will grant you their email address
    - Hope that someday your paths cross again.
  3. Offline

side Member

Total Posts:
    That would be epic. I remember when I first started roleplaying I was taken up by this guy named Ex (Ex and a long string of numbers, I can't remember them because that was like... ages ago, lol ._. like, 6-10 years). Anyways, we roleplayed for a long time but lost contact and some time later I join a new site and some guy is like 'By any chance did you roleplay here (insert game)? O_O' annnnnnnnnnnndddd cue the 'REUNITED AND IT FEELS SO GOOD' chorus, it was an Ex :D Sadly we lost contact again, but he was an awesome dude and the story makes me happy. ^^

I agree this could be pretty awesome, considering that a good deal of the roleplay community runs through here on a regular basis. I say go for it? :]
  4. Offline

Zozma What the hell's a quatloon? Some kind of potato?

Total Posts:
    That would be kind of cool, although most of my favorite players, I know how to get in contact with. I just don't because of old drama or desire not to speak to them anymore. But they were my favorites once, and I still reminisce about the old days.
  5. Offline

BelovedofHim Member

Total Posts:
    Unfortunately for Luciano and for myself, once he became inactive I don't think they kept his contact information but I'll see if I can plead with the admin and see if they have it in their stores of information. I have looked for him on google and all I come up with is his application for the site. Isn't this amazing writing?

-link removed-

I really do like the idea of a missed connections thread which is why I started it, but the actual title was on my tongue though I couldn't remember what to call it!

Admin edit: Please don't link to active forums, it isn't allowed anywhere besides our directory. Thank you!
  6. Offline

OccultRich Guest

You hear some really great stories of Roleplayers catching up again after a longtime and sometimes the break actually makes you both come back stronger than ever. When i first started out, about eight years ago now, I met a girl known as Magdelena. We met on a Post-Apocalyptic board and the threads we had were some of the best writing I have ever been involved in. Sadly we lost contact, but just recently we met per chance on another board and the threads have been rolling thick and fast again.

I think if RPG Directory could have a lost connection forum it would be brilliant. Give people the chance to reconnect with writers that they haven't been in contact with for a long time.
  7. Offline

MissTiquelle Don't worry, you're just as sane as I am!

• Novice Reviewer
    • Emerging Artist
    • Community Challenger
    • Multi-tasker
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    Question: Would you guys think it odd to get an email/message from someone from an old forum. On an account on a completely different site - like a gaming site, facebook, an email, etc. etc.

There's a guy who I found online who I used to RP with (there were a few of us but I haven't found the others), and I kinda want/need to contact him so I can use his posts on my website (website, not a forum/rpg) - long story. I wonder if he'd find it odd if I randomly messaged him via some means xD. I'll wait on it, methinks.
  8. Offline

Vanity Nah nah nah

Total Posts:
    I don't think that would be odd at all.

Alternatively, you could just use the posts and put a disclaimer about which parts weren't written by you.
  9. Offline

BelovedofHim Member

Total Posts:
    See...if I were to want to start my own site....I KNOW there are people I would be so thrilled to work with again. To name a few more:

Fee who played Jane Popincourt on For King and Court

Angie who played Henry Percy

Mike who played Duke of Norfolk

There was an rper on Fantasmic who played Maestro from Beauty and the Beast and was fantastic.
  10. Offline

BVintage Member

Total Posts:
    I have a lot of older RP buddies that I haven't kept up with for a lot of different reasons, that I wouldn't mind RPing with, just because they would good RPers and great sports. Often times I find that a site dies and then the Admin (who happened to be inactive before) just randomly comes back with like...a few hours warning, or none at all, and shuts the board down. So you have no time to connect with your friends to find ways to contact them afterward. I've had this happen to me one time, only we were all still RPing in the board (just the group of us; like 6-7) with nobody else staying active. And the Admin randomly gets on one day and shuts down the board and the next day when we try to get on, of course we can't and it had no cbox that I can remember.
  11. Offline

Karsimir Member

Total Posts:
    I would LOVE a function like this. There was one player (V) on an old modern fantasy board (Edge of Night) who had a lycanthrope witch character (named Amelia Bennet), who I would love to find again. I never had the pleasure of actually being able to roleplay with them directly but I enjoyed interacting with them OOC enough for it to stick with me a year later, and their writing was a pleasure to read.

I will stop being subtle about this since I think what am hoping for is obvious – V, if you read this and recognise what I am talking about, please drop me a PM. I would absolutely love to hear from you again.
  12. Offline

BelovedofHim Member

Total Posts:
    Update! I recently got in contact with both Mike and Fee so yay for that but I needed to make some edits to the players I mentioned before. Angel and Jules are shortened versions of character names. It was Angelique Deveroux and Julian Augusti. I've seen them mostly if not every time on vampire sitesn (Crimson Covenant, Covenant Lost, Abbadon City) so if anyone has caught hide or hair of them let me know!
  13. Offline

Will Graham At first I was terrified, then I felt powerful.

• 'D Contributor
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    I would never use this only because the people I used to RP with a long time ago have either passed on from role-playing altogether or they were on chat room based games and would never stumble on the forum gaming scene.

It could be useful for other people who used to RP a long time ago and want to find their buddies again.
  14. Offline

BelovedofHim Member

Total Posts:
    Update: I found the Jules character! Dude it's so cool when you see people again they only person on my list I have completely lost track of is the Luciano Bellini character. His scribe was called Gabe, though I think short for Gabrielle....could be totally wrong there. She said she made historical costumes and she'd be about 23 now I think. Trying to put together a great bunch of writers for a site I'm opening and I'd die to have this rper there.
  15. Offline

Chele Writer:odd being that transforms caffeine to books

• 'D Contributor
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    I was gonna say, I remember Angel and Jules, they were on AC when I was. The best suggestion I would have been for those two is to contact p0ss on AC, but seeing as you've found Jules, nevermind!
  16. Offline

BelovedofHim Member

Total Posts:
    No way! Who were you on AC? I was Morag Cwn Anwynn. The Kelpie.
  17. Offline

Kajouka Thunder Rumbling, Castles Crumbling

• Radical RPer
    • 'D Contributor
    • Community Challenger
    • Community Devoted
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    I talk to Mike all the time, BTW. He's taking a break from RPing, (sad, cuz he was a strong member of my game).
  18. Offline

cocoapuffs perpetually four years-old

Total Posts:
    • Awards
    What a fantastic idea! Just such a shame it hadn't been thought of sooner.

I would love to reconnect with old players I used to RP with. There was an entire group of people I first began RPing with, on several different boards, who all became my friends. We stayed in touch for years, and then eventually, things just started to wane, we lost interest, stopped communicating, etc. It's really quite sad. I'd love to find a way to reconnect with them again, although I don't know how I would even begin to go about doing it! This was 6+ years ago now XD
    3 people like this.
  19. Offline

Chele Writer:odd being that transforms caffeine to books

• 'D Contributor
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    ..... oh my god, having a complete brain freeze on one of my character's names. That's embarrassing! I want to say Arden Kenley but I think I might be wrong on that.
    The other two were Carter Dexon and Ty Addison.
  20. Offline

The Codpiece Member

Total Posts:
    I'd love to hear back from people I used to rp with in the past. :D

I would prefer that they email me or IM me instead of randomly coming into a cbox on a site I'm on though. It's a bit more personal that way.