1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Color Combinations

Discussion in 'Design and Resources' started by Lorreign, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Offline

Lorreign did I put on deodorant this morning?

Total Posts:
    • Awards
    I love making palettes on Colourlovers and I get inspired by things I see in my house. Like this palette was inspired by the bottles of shampoo and body wash in my shower. And then I get ambitious and am like I SHOULD MAKE A SKIN WITH THAT PALETTE...knowing that I've given up making any skin I've ever tried to do when I'm not even halfway through. Patience. I lack it.

ANYWAY. I'm wondering what your favorite color combinations are? Do you have any lovely palettes to show off that were inspired by something random that you happened upon? Like just now, I was looking at the dirty clothes on my bathroom floor and was like "hmmm gray and aqua blue..."

I want to do my bathroom in orange, purple, and gray.
  2. Offline

Aymbuh seeing through brand new eyes

• Emerging Artist
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    I don’t make anything to show off because I am partially color blind so I see colors a bit differently than others. My favorite colors together are something like plum and silver though. SO PRETTY
  3. Offline

BaronObserver Member

Total Posts:
    I really like this question! I'm a big fan of colors, and I've come to be very interested in making combinations, more specifically since I started painting. Since I don't really prefer any color above others, I have tons of favorite color combinations.

I like a deep brown with an orange shade to it, think auburn / chocolate, especially either combined with a burgundy, red wine type of color, or sometimes a darker, deeper green, like the type of green you see in ivy. I think that's very warm and homey.

For something more fresh, yet deep, I really like the dark, dark intense blue, combined with a really soft, vanilla like yellow. And when I say dark blue, I do mean blue like prussian blue.

Lately, I've gotten more interested in the less contrast-rich colors, for some reason, and I've taken a liking in the combination of gray (darker or lighter) in combination with a washed off red/pinkish type of color. Think redwood, or something close to that. I loved that combination so much that we decided to have it become the theme colors of my brand new board!
    :pink:
  4. Offline

Felly gryffindor ♥

Total Posts:
    In the cardboard box in front of your house.
    Personally, I think any color and then black looks nice. If I didn't live in an apartment, I would probably have black walls with various designs in different colors of paint. It'd look really nice~

Also, blue & sea green sounds really nice for a bathroom. :/ I dunno why, but the watery feel would be nice. A sunset theme with reds, oranges, and yellows would be nice as well.

I just love making color combinations; it's probably one of my hobbies that isn't a hobby. xD

My favorite color of all time is blue, however. Anything blue is just something I'd love to have.
  5. Offline

Emoisum Member

Total Posts:
    Often for me, are pale-hued colors. Pale green and pink are one of my favorite combinations, along with purple and any pale color.
  6. Offline

blaine Member

Total Posts:
    I like gold and light green together, personally. They just seem to fit. It has to be a light green, though. Other than that, I'm a big fan of darker color combinations with grays or black. The skin on my current forum is an interesting dark gray, green and blue. It seems strange, but it goes surprisingly well together.
  7. Offline

ExaltedDreams Member

Total Posts:
    My favourite colours are bright green and tyrian purple, but they don't look very good together. For colour combos, I like balanced light/dark opposites, i.e. text that is as white as the background is black, or vice versa.