1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broken Galaxy

Discussion in 'Archived Reviews' started by bloodless soul, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Offline

Nerf Herder Who you callin' scruffy?

Total Posts:
    Name of Board: Broken Galaxy
    Link to Board: click me
    Short description of Board: Broken Galaxy is an alternate universe star wars roleplay set during the time of the galactic civil war.
    Analysis Notes: If you can find anything that I could work on in order to make the board more appealing to the future member base.
    Link to profile on the Board: The Force (My Narrator Account) or Tyris Hauker (My Player Account)
  2. Offline

Chele Writer:odd being that transforms caffeine to books

• 'D Contributor
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    Appearance and Organization: Organisation, as far as I can see, is very good. The information I need is there, however, as a member new to Star Wars, maybe someone trying something new, there is not all that much lead in to all your site and the universe it is created in. Yes, I am assuming you want Star Wars enthusiasts that you don't need to spoon feed into it. However, sometimes those spoon fed members become the most loyal, and will go on to watch the movies, read the comics, and you'll create a new obsession in someone. That little bit of extra information can really make a difference, even if not everyone wants to read it.

Informational Topics: As I said above, a little bit more information will go a long way in helping the non Star Wars obsessives try something new.

Board Strengths: You already have a lot of affiliates, which is nice. It shows optimism and belief in your site that you've connected it with so many others. It shows that you're not in this for a week, that you'll stick around, and these people who have affiliated with you also believe the same. It's a validation of your position, which is always good for new members, even if they don't look at it all that much.

Board Weaknesses: The main point I will make here is a lack of topics. Yes, I am sure you are waiting for some new members, but if your site looks unopened, likelihood is people will not join. Create a few open posts, even make some 'Any questions'/'any suggestions' posts in the updates section. Anything that makes it look a little more busy. The fact you haven't got any accepted applications probably hurts a little too. Everyone wants someone to post with, and if you have no accepted characters, who will they post with?

Staff: From all the posts, I am assuming 'The Force' is the main Admin account. However, it's not really introduced all that much. Maybe making a Welcome thread for new members in the Lounge section will make them more accessable.

General:
    The Canons: While I aplaud you for having canons, I believe this is always a good idea, in my opinion you have given far too little information for each. Yes, leaving them open is more likely to get people to take them up because they have more freedom to do with them as they will. However, one of the other reasons people take Canons is because they want an instant link into what is going on, or they want a character they can already know something about because there is something there. Something that sparks the plot bunnies into multiplying. In your list, you've given such basic information that people might as well just create an Original.

I am very sorry this is so short, but half way through, invisionfree had a spaz attack and kept coming up with page error. Hopefully this much will help you.

Chele
  3. Offline

Total Posts:
    Thank you for the input, so far it has been quite helpful in continuing to shape the board for when we open.
  4. Offline

cocoapuffs perpetually four years-old

Total Posts:
    • Awards
    Appearance and Organization: The organization of the forums is nice and clean and it's easy to find what you're looking for. The appearance of the board is a bit too plain for my taste; I like the yellow stars on the tops of the forums but something seems to be missing... perhaps a side-bar or an announcements box? Also, the forum markers look a little too small, but that's just me.

Informational Topics: The informational topics are short and straight to the point, but they may be a little too short for some people new to the Star Wars world. You may consider being a little more descriptive in your topics and in the forum descriptions as well.

Board Strengths: Forum/topic organization and cleanliness.

Board Weaknesses: I'm a bit confused about the Private Faction Headquarters forum because there's not a lot of information about what the forums are for. There aren't any sub-forums and no set locations, so the forum description is confusing:

"Those aligned with the new sith empire, as well as some job opportunities can be found here."

What are the job opportunities, and why are those aligned with this new empire found here? Are these living quarters, is it a separate planet, etc? You may want to be more specific on these. I also recommend putting more detail into the A Long Time Ago In a Galaxy Far Far Away forum, as the same issue applies with the lack of information for RPers. If you don't know what any of the planets are, you can't really start a topic. Some sub-forums of existing or original planets and locations for characters to RP in would be helpful for people new to the Star Wars universe.

Staff: As far as I can tell, you're an active admin!

General: That's about it!
  5. Offline

Total Posts:
    Thank you for the review, it like the first, has been rather insightful into helping me to tailor the board to better help members (especially those not familiar with the genre) become integrated easier with their surroundings.
  6. Offline

Mousie QUEENSLANDERRR!

• 'D Contributor
    • Community Devoted
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    <div align=center><span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>SENT TO BOARD ANALYSIS</span>
    <span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>[color=7f323a]SORRY, BUT 'UNOPENED FORUM SHOWCASE' WAS NOT THE CORRECT FORUM[/color]</span>
    The board you requested reviews on is open and running. Therefore, we have moved your thread. Thank you for your coming to RPG-D for extra feedback. Hopefully someone will be along to assist you shortly! </div>
  7. Offline

Mousie QUEENSLANDERRR!

• 'D Contributor
    • Community Devoted
    Total Posts:
    • Awards
    <div align=center><span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>ARCHIVED IN FINISHED REVIEWS</span>
    <span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>[color=7f323a]THANK YOU FOR YOUR REQUEST![/color]</span>
    Your forum has received at least three reviews or the thread had a month of inactivity! In order to keep things fair, it has been moved to the Review Archives.

If you would like to have your board re-reviewed you may start a new thread in the Board Analysis forum after one month of starting up this topic. Thank you!
    </div>