Members' Choice Winners

Add Reply

Fantasy city map generator

Awards: None
   Jun 18 2018, 12:19 AM
This is not so much a tutorial as a resource / tool that you can use to add more depth to your settings

http://fantasycities.watabou.ru

I stumbled across it a little while ago. Nothing beats having a custom made map but unless you have the skill, time, or people with the skill and time, to make maps then I've found this procedurally generated map making tool to be useful. You can turn the labels on or off, add colors to the wards/neighborhoods, use the warp tool to partially manipulate the map, and turn on/off features like river, coast, temple, etc

With some basic photoshopping to add your own text labels, it's pretty neat

--------------------
user posted image

Jun 22 2018, 11:06 PM
I make our own world maps. But have struggled a LOT with cities but wanted maps! Thank you for sharing!!!

--------------------
user posted image

Original Medieval-esque Steampunk-y Fantasy

[no word count] [premium jcink] [3-3-3] [no activity checks] [intermediate/all welcome]

Jun 22 2018, 11:22 PM
QUOTE (Maevis)

I make our own world maps. But have struggled a LOT with cities but wanted maps! Thank you for sharing!!!

You're very welcome! I was in the same boat. Rather I was lucky enough to have someone making out landmass maps but the city maps posed a different type of challenge. The procedural generation aspect of this, and the fact that the creator has totally open licensing so you can do whatever in the world you want with them. That was just too good to pass up

Glad you find it useful. Cheers!

--------------------
user posted image

Awards: 8

Jun 27 2018, 04:48 PM
"OTHER" TUTORIAL
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUBMISSION[i][/i]
Thank you for submitting your tutorial to our database! We appreciate your resourceful contributions to our community and we look forward to seeing more from you in the future!

--------------------
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply