Members' Choice Winners

Add Reply

Guide On Being A Staff Member

Awards: None
   Jul 15 2009, 08:16 AM
Guide to being a Staff Member!

-written by: ~L~-

Hello, Salutations, and Welcome! If you are reading this, chances are, you are a Staff Member here on . This means things are changing for you on the site in a big way! First off, it means you have my trust and faith in you. I would not promote you as a staff member if I did not think you had the site's best interests at heart.

However, there are a few things to realize about being a Staff Member, a few Cardinal Rules, if you will.

Rule #1
-Stay active! You are held to a higher standard as a Staff Member. You need to reflect that in your posting habits. You should be more active than the average member. You should be up-to-date on your posts.

Rule #2
-Give Others a Chance! Don't take up every new good position that becomes available. The way to get new members, which, as a staff member, you want, is to have lucrative positions for them to play in.

Rule #3
-Firm but Fair! Don't jump the gun on that warning just yet, babe! Give things a chance to diffuse. Unless the member is being a completely rude jerk, and/or is trolling us, try and stay polite, but stay firm. A simple, "Please keep that out of the Cbox/Site/etc." will do, and if they ignore that, start warning them.

Rule #4
-Treat Others as You Would be Treated! It's just as simple as that. Don't like how someone posts or something? Well, think about this. How would you feel if someone trash-talked about you behind your back, or even to your face? You'd be angry/upset? Think about that before thinking about saying stuff about other members.

Rule #5
-Log in and Keep Up to Date! You are a Staff Member, and as such, you should be on every day or two to stay up to date in everything. If you can't do so, at least give the site a schedule of your days you'll be online so that we know when to expect you on.

Simple Rules, huh? I think so too! These rules, along with some Common Sense, are all I ask of any of you. Now, there are a few more things to go over here. These aren't rules, but they are some requests and things to remember.

Mainly: Despite being a staff member -- Remember, I am in charge. If I need to demote someone for some reason, it's not personal. I have nothing against anyone, but, should you not do your job, it is my job to remove you from the Staff Team or move you to a different position a bit lower than your current one. Also, in the demotion respect, disrespect against another member or staff member or myself especially will not be tolerated. That disrespect will equal imminent demotion, either to said lower position or down to a main member. Depending on the scale of the disrespect and if it continues, you may be moved to the Restricted User-group.

Now, moving on from there: I simply wish for us to be a team. Now, I have no clue as to who all that team will include. However, I expect you all to work together. You need to contribute to the site plots, give us some input, to treat all Staff Members respectfully!

The Consequences of Breaking the Rules

Now, to the part we all hate. Consequences, a.k.a Punishments. Now, hopefully, we will have no problems and everything will run smoothly. However, sometimes, that's not the case, and I am prepared to deal with that in a professional manner. I am going to keep a file on each staff member, and all warnings and offenses shall be in there. I have to do my job, even if I am a friend personally.

For the Minor Offenses

There will be 5 warnings. I will always tell you in a PM about the warning. I would appreciate a discussion about the warning if you disagree. Do not scream at me or treat me like the enemy. I will always tell you why you are being warned in full detail.

For the Major Offenses

There will be no warnings. Just expect a PM. I do not tolerate the major things, such as being rude to members, abusing powers, and disappearing for over-extended amounts of time with no warning. These are the big no-no's, and they will be punished severely.

Ok, now, that's all! I hope you found this guide useful!

-This Guide is Copyrighted and Written by ~L~/Jazz of RPG-Directory-

CODE
[align=center][b][SIZE=6]Guide to being a Staff Member![/SIZE][/b]
-written by: ~L~-

Hello, Salutations, and Welcome! If you are reading this, chances are, you are a Staff Member here on <insert Site Name here>. This means things are changing for you on the site in a big way! First off, it means you have my trust and faith in you. I would not promote you as a staff member if I did not think you had the site&acirc;&euro;&trade;s best interests at heart.

However, there are a few things to realize about being a Staff Member, a few Cardinal Rules, if you will.

[b]Rule #1[/b]
[u]-Stay active![/u] You are held to a higher standard as a Staff Member. You need to reflect that in your posting habits. You should be more active than the average member. You should be up-to-date on your posts.

[b]Rule #2[/b]
[u]-Give Others a Chance![/u] Don&acirc;&euro;&trade;t take up every new good position that becomes available. The way to get new members, which, as a staff member, you want, is to have lucrative positions for them to play in.

[b]Rule #3[/b]
[u]-Firm but Fair![/u] Don&acirc;&euro;&trade;t jump the gun on that warning just yet, babe! Give things a chance to diffuse. Unless the member is being a completely rude jerk, and/or is trolling us, try and stay polite, but stay firm. A simple, &acirc;&euro;&oelig;Please keep that out of the Cbox/Site/etc&acirc;&euro; will do, and if they ignore that, start warning them.

[b]Rule #4[/b]
[u]-Treat Others as You Would be Treated![/u] It&acirc;&euro;&trade;s just as simple as that. Don&acirc;&euro;&trade;t like how someone posts or something? Well, think about this. How would you feel if someone trash-talked about you behind your back, or even to your face? You&acirc;&euro;&trade;d be angry&acirc;&euro;&brvbar;upset? Think about that before thinking about saying stuff about other members.

[b]Rule #5[/b]
[u]-Log in and Keep Up to Date![/u] You are a Staff Member, and as such, you should be on every day or two to stay up to date in everything. If you can&acirc;&euro;&trade;t do so, at least give the site a schedule of your days you&acirc;&euro;&trade;ll be online so that we know when to expect you on.

Simple Rules, huh? I think so too! These rules, along with some Common Sense, are all I ask of any of you. Now, there are a few more things to go over here. These aren&acirc;&euro;&trade;t rules, but they are some requests and things to remember.

Mainly&acirc;&euro;&brvbar;Despite being a staff member&acirc;&euro;&brvbar;Remember, I am in charge. If I need to demote someone for some reason, it&acirc;&euro;&trade;s not personal. I have nothing against anyone, but, should you not do your job, it is my job to remove you from the Staff Team or move you to a different position a bit lower than your current one. Also, in the demotion respect, disrespect against another member or staff member or myself especially will not be tolerated. That disrespect will equal imminent demotion, either to said lower position or down to a main member. Depending on the scale of the disrespect and if it continues, you may be moved to the Restricted User-group.

Now, moving on from there&acirc;&euro;&brvbar; I simply wish for us to be a team. Now, I have no clue as to who all that team will include. However, I expect you all to work together. You need to contribute to the site plots, give us some input, to treat all Staff Members respectfully&acirc;&euro;&brvbar;

[b]The Consequences of Breaking the Rules[/b]

Now, to the part we all hate. Consequences, a.k.a Punishments. Now, hopefully, we will have no problems and everything will run smoothly. However, sometimes, that&acirc;&euro;&trade;s not the case, and I am prepared to deal with that in a professional manner. I am going to keep a file on each staff member, and all warnings and offenses shall be in there. I have to do my job, even if I am a friend personally&acirc;&euro;&brvbar;

[u]For the Minor Offenses[/u]

There will be 5 warnings. I will always tell you in a PM about the warning. I would appreciate a discussion about the warning if you disagree. Do not scream at me or treat me like the enemy. I will always tell you why you are being warned in full detail. &Acirc;

[u]For the Major Offenses[/u]

There will be no warnings. Just expect a PM. I do not tolerate the major things, such as being rude to members, abusing powers, and disappearing for over-extended amounts of time with no warning. These are the big no-no&acirc;&euro;&trade;s, and they will be punished severely.

Ok, now, that&acirc;&euro;&trade;s all! I hope you found this guide useful!

-This Guide is Copyrighted and Written by [URL=http://rpg-directory.com/index.php?showuser=8971]~L~/Jazz of RPG-Directory[/URL]-[/align]

This post has been promoted to an article

--------------------
]

Jul 25 2009, 11:42 PM
Your documentation has been approved and moved to the RPG Creation Documentations board.

Thanks for submitting!

Feb 19 2017, 12:40 AM
Thank you!!! Using HERE.
If It's Not Broken, Fix It Until It Is
   Aug 1 2018, 11:21 PM
This. This is great. Thank you

--------------------
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply